Problems accessing hotmail/outlook inbox

Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Today I had to sign in to my hotmail account. I changed my password a while back and must have put the wrong one in. I had the 'verify your account' thing and got a code sent to my second hotmail account. I tried to sign in (same password for a long time so I know that one is correct). It sent me to the 'verify your account' page too. Therefore I had two hotmail accounts I couldn't access. I contacted support and they sent me an automated message to another account. I have just received what I presume is a solution to my problem, so I clicked on it and it took me to a page which said XXXX (my name) is not allowed to access this message. Thankfully somehow in the meantime, I managed to access my second account which has enabled me to reset the password on my first and I am back on line again. I have just been to the forum support on hotmail to ask a question and although signed in, won't let me submit it.

Is there a way of accessing the inbox from the accounts page? I moved my mouse over the task bar but couldn't find a way of doing it and for a while, signing in and out still took me to the accounts page rather than the inbox.

I guess what I really need to know is: Is gmail any better and can I transfer all of my contacts over without typing each name individually?
I really don't want another account as the hotmail one is one I use for work, but if I have to, I will as outlook is so far, a complete pain in the whatsit.

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Outlook is a pain because your forgot your password?
  • Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Outlook is a pain because your forgot your password?

Outlook is a pain because when I try to go to the inbox under normal circumstances I get a blank page for ages before it decides to show me my mail. It is a pain because the "You can't connect to outlook" sign pops up at inconvenient moments, It is a pain because they have made it incredibly difficult to navigate around. Today's debacle of not letting me see the message they sent is just another addition. Hotmail worked for me, outlook does not.