Operation EDL

Comments

• vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex7t6 wrote: »
    Well it certainly isn't the video being shared by the official anonymous twitter. I made the mistake of searching the video on YouTube and mistakenly posted the wrong one.

I'm going with you being Mossad :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    Shame they can't 'out' the muslim extremists and post all their details.

Not a supporter of the EDL but this is wrong, these people have families too, TR receives death threats what if someone uses this info to cause harm?
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered if anyone has read about hacker group Anonymous's 'Operation EDL'?
    They started tonight by tweeting names, addresses and phone numbers of EDL leaders and members, as well as emails and passwords to EDL related websites. Also they gave a link, divulging hundreds of criminal charges of leaders and members, many relating to racist and violent crime.

What do you think about this? Their plan is to dismantle the EDL, something I would definitely like to see happen if possible. Saying that though, the EDL mass reported the initial @opEDL twitter and had it suspended, after posting the first round of info exposing the EDL.
    Do Anonymous have what it takes to rid us of the vermin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=lS5nxBJ_bxM
    However odious the EDL may be, this is totally the wrong way to deal with them.
  • Bex7t6Bex7t6 Posts: 1,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Alas, the big problem with any group which is unwilling to hold themselves up to public scrutiny is that any arsehole can claim to represent them and, that being the case, it's impossible to have any level of confidence in or respect for anything they do or say.

Oh, nothing to do with you. :)

Just that I really have nothing but contempt for people who aren't prepared to actually stand up and be accountable for their actions and, as this example shows, it's very easy to end up supporting something quite unpleasant in cases like this.

I must say I would have more confidence in a group that are willing to show their faces.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Elle Fyar wrote: »
    Not a supporter of the EDL but this is wrong, these people have families too, TR receives death threats what if someone uses this info to cause harm?

I'm sure they'll come forward to justify their actions and face any consequences. :rolleyes:
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they can't 'out' the muslim extremists and post all their details.

So hold on...

You don't want them to release EDL extremists information?

But you would be happy for them to release Muslim extremists information?

They're both extremists, and both equally as twatish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    So hold on...

You don't want them to release EDL extremists information?

But you would be happy for them to release Muslim extremists information?

They're both extremists, and both equally as twatish.

Yes I would be happy for extremists details to be released, they mean to cause us harm, I couldn't care less if they suffered an attack.

EDL haven't plotted to kill/bomb/behead anyone as far as I'm aware.
  • KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I would be happy for extremists details to be released, they mean to cause us harm, I couldn't care less if they suffered an attack.

I can't stand extremism of any kind, but, still, I cannot agree with this.

Again, they may have partners and/or kids who have nothing to do with it. And I do not agree with vigilante action, which would likely occur upon such a release.

I'd rather have extremism dealt with through the official channels.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you simple?

The EDL have plotted to do some pretty horrific things to ethnic and religious minorities (edit: and in some cases have actually gone and done them)

But do they not matter to you because they are ethnic/religious minorities? :confused:

It's attitudes like yours that make me just about understand just why that 'terrorist' brutally murdered Lee Rigby.

Complete hypocrisy.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if the EDL were disbanded, they would still re-assemble and come back under a new title, "English Patriots" or something along those lines, you can't shut people up by these kind of tactics.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if the EDL were disbanded, they would still re-assemble and come back under a new title, "English Patriots" or something along those lines, you can't shut people up by these kind of tactics.

I agree. It's also the wrong way to deal with groups like this. Debate, reason and logic are the best way.....if you can keep them sober enough to engage in debate that is.
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    I heavily disagree with the EDL, but I also disagree with Anonymous in this case - as I have done previously when they leaked similar data or have encouraged vigilante action.

This.

The same group pulled a similar stunt with the BNP - and yet many of the names they released and claimed were members of the BNP - were in fact not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22698510

"It is unclear whether the people listed are actually members of the EDL.

A similar published list of names of supposed British National Party members included some people who turned out not to be members."
  • LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They started tonight by tweeting names, addresses and phone numbers of EDL leaders and members, as well as emails and passwords to EDL related websites. Also they gave a link, divulging hundreds of criminal charges of leaders and members, many relating to racist and violent crime.

What do you think about this? Their plan is to dismantle the EDL, something I would definitely like to see happen if possible. Saying that though, the EDL mass reported the initial @opEDL twitter and had it suspended, after posting the first round of info exposing the EDL.

I still don't get what the EDL have actually done wrong? It's not like the NF who were beating up blacks and asians etc back in the day. Whatever happen to freedom of speech? or is it freedom of speech as long as it's something people want to hear?

Don't look at where the finger is pointing but instead look at who is doing the pointing.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LucianB wrote: »
    I still don't get what the EDL have actually done wrong? It's not like the NF who were beating up blacks and asians etc back in the day. Whatever happen to freedom of speech? or is it freedom of speech as long as it's something people want to hear?

Don't look at where the finger is pointing but instead look at who is doing the pointing.

you seen an EDL rally?

they act like football hooligans,sing racist songs like and end it with a fight with either anti faschists or police.
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silencing those who say or believe things that you disagree with are the tactics of extremists the world over,

I despise the EDL and everything they stand for, but I don't want them silenced, let them spout their garbage out in the open where we can take them on, "agree with me/us or shut up" is the sort of thing one expects from them,

they should only be stopped when they actually call for violence, as should anyone, otherwise, give them all the 'rope' they want,
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    you seen an EDL rally?

they act like football hooligans,sing racist songs like and end it with a fight with either anti faschists or police.

OR (as I personally witnessed) each other, apparently based on which football team they supported,
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LucianB wrote: »

My husband, who does photography, went to an EDL march once to take pics. Bear in mind, my husband is a black muslim!

EDL just saw his colour, they had no idea of his religion, they didn't bother him. They are just a bunch of egotistical idiots, they just wanted to have their photo taken with their mates and get drunk.

Oh yeah and fight with the police!:rolleyes:
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who elected "Anonymous" to the position of deciding who gets a say in society? There's something a little sinister about the concept of a blank mask deciding these things for the rest of us.

What is to stop some political or religious extremist donning a mask and targeting anyone they fancy in the name of "Anonymous"?
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's something a little sinister about the concept of a blank mask deciding these things for the rest of us.

Sounds exciting.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    My husband, who does photography, went to an EDL march once to take pics. Bear in mind, my husband is a black muslim!

EDL just saw his colour, they had no idea of his religion, they didn't bother him. They are just a bunch of egotistical idiots, they just wanted to have their photo taken with their mates and get drunk.

Oh yeah and fight with the police!:rolleyes:
    EDL should publicise stories like this more if they want to improve their image. Most people picture the guy trying to say "rape gangs" on YouTube and it coming out as "ray guns" because he's so drunk and see him as a typical EDL follower.
  • Dwight WrightDwight Wright Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some brummie clown pouring out the same hate as the EDL

is this a joke?
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds exciting.

So does getting your door kicked in at 4am by the Ministry of Truth.
  • LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    you seen an EDL rally?

People protesting over anything usual end up in rows with the police. Like those anti-austerity prats.

I'm saying as long as they don't attack muslims/blacks etc then leave them alone to protest and stop acting like the average whitey aint thinking the same thing as the EDL anyway.
  • Bex7t6Bex7t6 Posts: 1,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some brummie clown pouring out the same hate as the EDL

is this a joke?

Actually I posted the wrong link (yeah I know) in the OP. I did put the correct one further down the first thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s2tD5sqWdg
  • Dwight WrightDwight Wright Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I posted the wrong link (yeah I know) in the OP. I did put the correct one further down the first thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s2tD5sqWdg

good god almighty - :D

that was done by a teenager