The wit and wisdom of Katie Hopkins

violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
Forum Member
✭✭
All this bitching she doing she getting noticed by a nose.

There is a spread of her in hello or ok mag this week.

I was in the hairdressers and saw her beak and her non ginger kids.

Comments

• PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Errrr:confused:....she doesnt have any wit or wisdom:confused::confused::confused:
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who on earth is Katie Hopkins?! I think I must be really out of touch with celebrities these days as I literally have no clue who she is!
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thta this morning interview was tv gold
  • smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really fail to see why people have a problem wiuth Katie... it is HER opinion on topics !!!! so why is everyone so up in arms about them.. she is not trying to impose them on anyone else nor is she saying she is right !!

She is merely stating her own views on things like we all do! Ok it may not be the same as the 'general' Joe public but who are we to tell her that SHE is wrong... I really dont get it at al... and to be totally honest I agree with most of what she says.. !! She is spot on in my 'opinion' :p
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could appreciate the point she was trying to make on This Morning, she put it over in the wrong way. One example: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have named their daughter North West. That is ludicrous, but it isn't the child's fault. I am sure she will be afforded lots more luxuries and opportunities than Katie's children, whose offspring are no better than Kim's. I have always respected Katie as a business woman, but I am quite disappointed in her, and the manner with which she has attacked Katherine Jenkins. If anyone is a media w**re, it is not Katherine. Also, with regard to the Baroness Thatcher's funeral, Katherine Jenkins was, in respect of Lady Thatcher's wishes, an invited guest. Call me cynical, but does Katie have a future project? As they say, any publicity is good publicity.
  • tsarinatsarina Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She may have hit the nail on the head with Katherine Jenkins though.

I do tend to agree with a lot of what she says to be honest, though not sure about the ginger babies, BUT you do get lots of people saying "oh no, it's not ginger is it". May be tongue in cheek but there is always some 'truth' behind it.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    louise1966 wrote: »
    I could appreciate the point she was trying to make on This Morning, she put it over in the wrong way. One example: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have named their daughter North West. That is ludicrous, but it isn't the child's fault. I am sure she will be afforded lots more luxuries and opportunities than Katie's children, whose offspring are no better than Kim's. I have always respected Katie as a business woman, but I am quite disappointed in her, and the manner with which she has attacked Katherine Jenkins. If anyone is a media w**re, it is not Katherine. Also, with regard to the Baroness Thatcher's funeral, Katherine Jenkins was, in respect of Lady Thatcher's wishes, an invited guest. Call me cynical, but does Katie have a future project? As they say, any publicity is good publicity.

Somebody on the Big Brother forum suggested she may enter the CBB house, which seems quite plausible.
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Who on earth is Katie Hopkins?! I think I must be really out of touch with celebrities these days as I literally have no clue who she is!

She's apparently the most hated woman in Britain, according to herself.

I thought that was Samantha Brick though?
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe19 wrote: »

Well I just looked her up and see she was on The Apprentice, which I've never watched. Then again there are many celebs that, whilst I wouldn't know who they were if I fell over them, I have heard their name mentioned before but I hadn't even heard this woman's name before, let alone know what she does or what she looks like. It sounds like I'm not missing much, just another desperate "famous for being famous" publicity seeker, yes? lol.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the thread title.

'Katie' is a bit of a common name, IMHO. Now, 'Katherine' or indeed 'Kathryn'...classy. ;)
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »

The thing about names is she brought class into it, which was deeply snobby and unnecessary. If she had simply said that people really shouldn't give their kids silly, pretentious, trendy names no one would have batted an eyelid.

Her comments about ginger babies were horrid, and frankly the fact that so may people seem to think it's acceptable to make fun of and outright abuse red haired people is shocking. You can't help the colour of your hair any more than you can your gender or the colour of your skin and if you're picked on for that the person doing it can get in serious trouble. The rather cavalier attitude people have the very unpleasant bullying some red-haired people suffer is unacceptable, frankly. Sorry, bit of a rant but 'gingerism' gets right on my nerves, and I'm a brunette!

Back to Katie Hopkins, I actually agree with a fair bit of what she says about Katherine Jenkins, although some of it was unnecessarily spiteful. KJ does come across as a narcissistic attention-seeker whose delusions of grandeur regarding her status as an 'opera singer' and celebrity/royal brown-nosing border on nauseating. With regards to Maggie's funeral, no one disputes the fact that KJ was invited, they're just suggesting that turning up and shoving your cleavage at the paparazzi might not be the best way to behave at a funeral.

Just found this article in the Daily Mail

Katie Hopkins on Katherine Jenkins

I find that quite amusing given that their own columnist wrote a long article slagging off KJ a couple of months ago!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    She'll be gone soon, look at Sam Brick
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think she's being put out there so much at the moment because she's going to be turning up in CBB. Exactly the same thing happened last year with the beautiful Sam Brick
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All she's doing is saying controversial things to try and get a reaction and laughs. I have doubts that she believes what she says. She's seeking attention, that's it. However, one thing she said I agree with, and that's that these European judges should have no right whatsoever to tell us how to run our justice system.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I still think she's being put out there so much at the moment because she's going to be turning up in CBB. Exactly the same thing happened last year with the beautiful Sam Brick

Expect quite a few arguments if she is.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's turning trolling into a career it seems.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Somebody on the Big Brother forum suggested she may enter the CBB house, which seems quite plausible.
    Don't know about CBB, but I do know that she's releasing an e-book soon, which explains an awful lot about her recent spate of public raving and drooling.
    She'll be gone soon, look at Sam Brick
    Hopkins has been doing this since she left The Apprentice in 2007. Her parting shot back then was ''The pantomime villain lives on'', which says it all.

She's been yowling nonsense to get publicity for six years now, and will undoubtedly continue to do so as long as people keep reacting to her over the top comments. She's long outlasted that Brick moron already.
    smurftc wrote: »
    I really fail to see why people have a problem wiuth Katie... it is HER opinion on topics !!!! so why is everyone so up in arms about them.. she is not trying to impose them on anyone else nor is she saying she is right !!

She is merely stating her own views on things like we all do! Ok it may not be the same as the 'general' Joe public but who are we to tell her that SHE is wrong... I really dont get it at al... and to be totally honest I agree with most of what she says.. !! She is spot on in my 'opinion' :p

If you think she genuinely believes all the ''controversial'' stuff she comes out with in order to keep herself in the public eye, and, more recently, to gain publicity for her forthcoming book, then I have a very nice bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

She's one of the most obvious professional trolls out there, and looking at her (frequently hilarious) tweets, she makes no effort to disguise it at all. She's undoubtedly having a great laugh over people getting wound up by her obvious trolling, particularly when it's a nice little money spinner for her.

To be honest, if people are dopey enough to fall for this old trick time after time, who can blame her? She's laughing all the way to the bank.
  • violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard she got a e book coming out.

Title : how to sucess in business by shagging openly in a field!
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    Don't know about CBB, but I do know that she's releasing an e-book soon, which explains an awful lot about her recent spate of public raving and drooling.

I didn't know that, whatever about, who will buy it:confused:
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I didn't know that, whatever about, who will buy it:confused:

The same halfwits who bought Samantha Brick's book and will buy Liz Jones' book, I presume.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is this what happens when Xhosa meets Google Translate?
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »

She is a bigot, ignorant and has the behaviour of a sociopath..We tell plenty of bigoted people they are wrong..
    I object to someone talking about class when she wreaks other peoples marriages and really hurt her step-family, to be with yet another married man, who she was caught by the Paps shagging in a field....Attacking children named Tyler, Jayden, Caitlin, Stanley, Dwaine, Enya and Brandon...making it very difficult for the children to have any friends at school..imagine is her daughter has people in her class named Tyler, Rhiannon or Chantelle, they could invite the whole class to a birthday party but not Katie's daughter because she wouldn't deem them good enough....And now the other parents will wonder if their children had been rejected as not being deemed good enough...

And I fear for this country, when rudeness is classed as being opinionated and "speaking the truth.."
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »

Hopkins has been doing this since she left The Apprentice in 2007. Her parting shot back then was ''The pantomime villain lives on'', which says it all.

She's been yowling nonsense to get publicity for six years now, and will undoubtedly continue to do so as long as people keep reacting to her over the top comments. She's long outlasted that Brick moron already.

If you think she genuinely believes all the ''controversial'' stuff she comes out with in order to keep herself in the public eye, and, more recently, to gain publicity for her forthcoming book, then I have a very nice bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

She's one of the most obvious professional trolls out there, and looking at her (frequently hilarious) tweets, she makes no effort to disguise it at all. She's undoubtedly having a great laugh over people getting wound up by her obvious trolling, particularly when it's a nice little money spinner for her.

To be honest, if people are dopey enough to fall for this old trick time after time, who can blame her? She's laughing all the way to the bank.

Anyone that would callously steal husbands, without conscience, thinks three weeks maternity leave should be for all women, ran the New York Marathon to see whether her unborn child would survive or not..is that nasty and is likely truly that right wing...She is a sociopath and she is hurting her children too...
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member
    Joe19 wrote: »

There's enough room for both.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    She's turning trolling into a career it seems.

In which regard she's really only following in the footsteps of Katie Price et al, who'll say anything controversial for attention.