Sky Movies HD disappeared?

Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a subscription for Sky Movies but in the last few days, I have not been able to access the HD movie channels. I can access the SD ones.

This has only happened in the last few days. When I try and access the HD channels, it asks me to upgrade my subscription.

Comments

• davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What packages are you on?

Sky Movies HD requires the HD pack and not just the Entertainment Extra+ pack.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    If your on the Entertainment Extra+ pack, you were getting the movies in HD included. Turns out it was a trial that ended a week or so ago for many people.

Looks like sky failed to tell you as well like they failed to tell most people! Just phone them and state you want them back on.

It will go like this:-

They will tell you that you need to pay the £5+ to get it. Tell them no.

They will then offer you it for half price. Tell them no. You weren't made aware of this like most people weren't and you refuse to pay for something you have been receiving for months.

If they still refuse, ask to be put through to cancellations. They will give it to you free for 12 months.

A few usual suspects will be in here to tell you that you should have known about this, as it was said on here at length and it was apparently on skys website!
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    If your on the Entertainment Extra+ pack, you were getting the movies in HD included. Turns out it was a trial that ended a week or so ago for many people.

Looks like sky failed to tell you as well like they failed to tell most people! Just phone them and state you want them back on.

It will go like this:-

They will tell you that you need to pay the £5+ to get it. Tell them no.

They will then offer you it for half price. Tell them no. You weren't made aware of this like most people weren't and you refuse to pay for something you have been receiving for months.

If they still refuse, ask to be put through to cancellations. They will give it to you free for 12 months.

A few usual suspects will be in here to tell you that you should have known about this, as it was said on here at length and it was apparently on skys website!

Sky didnt put anything about the trial on their website and the info about the premium HD pack wasn't up front it, would've been buried so that it only appeared if you selected EE+ and Sports and or Movies!
  • onephatonephat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like many others was on the trial. I had a mail shot from sky offering to keep sky movies and sport in HD for £2.50 a month for 12 months.
  • njeonjeo Posts: 6,341
    Forum Member
    I also found out from a January mailshot that I was on a trial for Sports HD. I don't have Sports, I have Movies, so called to ask if I'd lose the HD film channels. I was assured I wouldn't and that it was a mistake but sure enough when the date came around I lost the HD channels. So paying £4 more for EE+ and now receiving less channels unless I paid £2.50 more to get them back.

I always check the terms with Sky as I know they are increasingly difficult to deal with. There was nothing at all about a change in entitlement to HD when switching to the EE+ pack.

When I called to cancel they wouldn't answer my misselling complaint and gave me multiscreen free for a year, so I'm paying £4 less than I was. I do however still have the missold new premium HD pack as well as the EE+ pack, so when the 12 months mutiscreen runs out I'll be on their new higher priced package. There was no apology or admission of any wrong doing.

Think I'll be switching to Youview then. Being missold a product tends to be something you remember for a while.
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just out of interest, is anyone getting the Movies in HD at a reduced rate, or for free, because of this, have Sky acknowledged, rightly or wrongly, that they couldv'e done more to inform people that they were on somekind of trial?