Options

Legoland Windsor to tempoarily shut over threats about Muslim private event

Comments

• Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do these radicals do at any of their gatherings? They are not family people, and the suggestion they wanted the kiddies to have a nice day out is stretching credulity.

It's bloody obvious what they were trying to do to anyone with a brain cell or two. They were putting on a family say as a fundraising event. Where the but job would've spent the funds is worrying but not the event. The event should have gone ahead with people protesting the fact that people would give the hate preacher money. If he made any money it should be monitored but the probability is that he would have made a loss.

Now Legoland has ended up compensating the weirdos, and probably the organisers and a hate preacher has ended up with positive publicity as being the target of a hate campaign...

Good job far right bigots!
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    It is not that easy to think of a theme park that would represent a civil court, whether sharia, beth-din or HM Courts and Tribunals service. Perhaps the lack of fun activities for children based on contested divorces and unpaid debts has put investors off?

Let it never be said that the general hook of a joke is lost on you. :p
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's bloody obvious what they were trying to do to anyone with a brain cell or two. They were putting on a family say as a fundraising event. Where the but job would've spent the funds is worrying but not the event. The event should have gone ahead with people protesting the fact that people would give the hate preacher money. If he made any money it should be monitored but the probability is that he would have made a loss.

Now Legoland has ended up compensating the weirdos, and probably the organisers and a hate preacher has ended up with positive publicity as being the target of a hate campaign...

The two are intertwined.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    Are you completely ignorant to the nature of this hate preacher and his radical group of fanatics, with links to various banned terrorist organisations. If such a group attempted to book the facilities of a hotel, do you think they might stand more chance of securing the booking if they described their event as a "family fun day"? The naivety of some on here beggars belief.

Nice deflection. Anyone would think that the police were investigating the bookers of the family fun day at a theme park, not the facilities of a hotel as you state, rather than the threats made by the extreme right.

The desperation of anyone thinking that Legoland is the ideal location to host an extremist rally is frankly mind-boggling. 1,000 fanatical blokes would blend in better at ComicCon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What do these radicals do at any of their gatherings? They are not family people, and the suggestion they wanted the kiddies to have a nice day out is stretching credulity.

I dunno. LEGOLAND Kabul seems like a good day out for the kiddies.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, but not without help from the BBC report.

It seems extraordinary that there were no plans from organised groups to protest if this group is led by such an individual and people who share the same views.
    Or that Legoland has not received complaints from organised groups pointing out the background of the organisers of this event.

Is that likely?

I maybe cynical but the whole thing comes across as just a bit too contrived.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    It's what's called the 'Family Retreat' , somewhere to get away from the wrongs of life here by the looks of it.

'We just need to look around to see the consequences of a broken society entrenched in materialism and thousands of distractions. How can we save our families and our society from this?

Well, The Muslim Research and Development Foundation has had a dream where 1000s of Muslims could one day come together and for a few days of the year live together, uninhibited, to rejuvenate their souls, build their brotherhood and draw incredible strength from one another, so that they could return revitalised and reinvigorated and ready to take on their lives. Last year, for the first time, we lived that dream and so the Family Retreat was born…'

http://www.mrdf.co.uk/our-projects/family-retreat/

Hardly a 'fun day out' for the kids in my book.
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been reading up on this Haitham al-Haddad chap and his fanatical group.
    Haddad teaches young Muslims that men and women should be segregated.

He has advocated that gays should be outlawed and has also praised terror boss Osama bin Laden.

He has claimed Jewish people are descended from “apes and pigs” and says people who leave Islam should be executed.

Some of the apologists on here should take note that even other Muslims have been outraged over his attempt to book the facilities at Legoland.

Dr Taj Hargey, an imam chairman of the Muslim Educational Centre of Oxford said the following:

“I would ask Legoland that if they are happy to let his group hire the park, then would they be happy to let the BNP and other extremist far-right groups hold their family fun day there?

“Both groups spread hatred and intolerance.”

The idea that it was going to be a "family fun day" is completely nonsensical.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member

Some of the apologists on here should take note that even other Muslims have been outraged over his attempt to book the facilities at Legoland.

Dr Taj Hargey, an imam chairman of the Muslim Educational Centre of Oxford said the following:

“I would ask Legoland that if they are happy to let his group hire the park, then would they be happy to let the BNP and other extremist far-right groups hold their family fun day there?

Oh dear.

I wonder what the OP has to say now.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I wonder how the people of other faiths could go on this "fun day". I'd like to see the figures for Christians, Jews etc. Or have thy called it a multi faith to make it sound something it's not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's what's called the 'Family Retreat' , somewhere to get away from the wrongs of life here by the looks of it.

'We just need to look around to see the consequences of a broken society entrenched in materialism and thousands of distractions. How can we save our families and our society from this?

Well, The Muslim Research and Development Foundation has had a dream where 1000s of Muslims could one day come together and for a few days of the year live together, uninhibited, to rejuvenate their souls, build their brotherhood and draw incredible strength from one another, so that they could return revitalised and reinvigorated and ready to take on their lives. Last year, for the first time, we lived that dream and so the Family Retreat was born…'

If they are concerned about materialism and the cost of living, they need to stay away from Lego and LEGOLAND, bloody expensive it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And you have to ask why this was not included in the BBC report.

The whole tone of this thread was set by the OP and the usual schtick of 'poor ickle Muslims'.

As I said pages ago, the complaining threatening nutjobs are very useful idiots.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Move somewhere else?

Seriously it sounds like more of a cult
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    I really think that's getting carried away. This seems quite sensationalist without any basis on reality. And you use the word "rally"? Since when did this become a rally. IMHO it's pejorative language like this that transforms the original story into some nightmarish situation (that isn't reality based on the evidence we have to hand) that causes more arguments and distractions than there needs to be.
    What about labelling people as prejudiced then never bothering to expand on this and support your point in any way?

Cause yknow, I hear that happens in some threads.
  • Options
    tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    And who needs a Coconut Shy when you have an adulterer to throw rocks at instead?

LOL, and lest we forget, Haitham al Haddad - the Chair and Events Organiser of the MRDF - was the grinning loon sitting on the podium alongside Fahad Qureshi at the Islamic Peace Conference in Norway, when he exhorted the packed house to raise their hands if they were in agreement of stoning adulterers. ( Turned out they all were ).

There was a thread on it here in November, although the accompanying video is no longer active. Perhaps H al H has a personal copy he intended to share during the halal day out so as to encourage proper family values. I mean, he thinks homosexuals are worse than murderers and that men can beat their wives with impunity, so he's no less likely to share his views on killing people for having haraam sex.

Of course even extremists like Haitham al Haddad should be allowed to visit Legoland without threats of violence, but I'm left wondering what values some of the parents may be instilling in their children that they should choose to attend any event run by such a creature.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    Oh dear.

I wonder what the OP has to say now.

The first thing I said was it was a shame for any kids impacted.

And then I said it was a shame religion was still causing situations like this.

Could I ask what was wrong with that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course even extremists like Haitham al Haddad should be allowed to visit Legoland without threats of violence, but I'm left wondering what values some of the parents may be instilling in their children that they should choose to attend any event run by such a creature.

Thankfully, the security services are onto this charming chap and his group of fanatics.

London-based Haddad – who is originally from Palestine – is reported to be one of 25 clerics being scrutinised by the Home Office for spreading extremist hatred at universities and mosques.

Government sources suggest he could be one of the first clerics to be subjected to proposed Terror and Extremist Behaviour Orders (TEBOs), dubbed Terrorist ASBOs.

"Family fun day" my arse.
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would directly ask the OP if he knew about this man's character and background before posting the link to the BBC article, but he seems intent on ignoring me. Maybe someone else will have the same idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    Or bumper cars where women get to sit in the passenger seat with their head down while a male member of their family drives.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankfully, the security services are onto this charming chap.

London-based Haddad – who is originally from Palestine – is reported to be one of 25 clerics being scrutinised by the Home Office for spreading extremist hatred at universities and mosques.

Government sources suggest he could be one of the first clerics to be subjected to proposed Terror and Extremist Behaviour Orders (TEBOs), dubbed Terrorist ASBOs.

"Family fun day" my arse.

And the police are investigating the threats under the Malicious Communications Act, so all is right with the world.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you have to ask why this was not included in the BBC report.

The whole tone of this thread was set by the OP and the usual schtick of 'poor ickle Muslims'.

As I said pages ago, the complaining threatening nutjobs are very useful idiots.

Well SS, I don't think I said that or intimated that in the opening post or any post thereafter, so I'm not sure where you got that from?

The tone intended was that with no other info but the article, the closure of the Legoland park due to abuse from far right groups was a shame both on the impact to children and that religion causes situations like this to occur.

Any other intention in tone appears to be injected by posters other than myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    And the police are investigating the threats under the Malicious Communications Act, so all is right with the world.

Indeed. The police are rightfully investigating a small group who spread "deliberate misinformation" in order to stop an extremist rally, and the security services are closely monitoring an Islamic hate preacher and his fanatical group of radical Muslims with links to terrorism. Seems like everyone is doing their job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. The police are rightfully investigating a small group who spread "deliberate misinformation" in order to stop an extremist rally, and the security services are closely monitoring an Islamic hate preacher and his fanatical group of radical Muslims with links to terrorism. Seems like everyone is doing their job.

They're investigating people who allegedly posted malicious messages and made threatening phone calls to both the bookers of the event and Legoland.

The Casuals on Twitter see it as a real victory. They were planning demos this weekend. Not that I'm linking the two, of course.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member

Is it an extremist rally or were they just going there for the rides? You have some evidence besides conjecture naturally?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Is it an extremist rally or were they just going there for the rides? You have some evidence besides conjecture naturally?

Doubt it's for the rides.
    My children reported that they aren't all that good.

Thorpe Park for rides would be more convincing.