Options

Jeremy Forrest guilty of child abduction

1107108109110111113»

Comments

• Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, who would have ever thought that would happen. Quelle surprise.!
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Hmm....I think it's probably time the media stopped stalking this schoolgirl.

I do believe she and his family used the press when it suited them.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    Bishop Bell C of E School has been hammered in a Serious Case Review into the "Forrest" affair.
    Concerns raised by children about the growing closeness between married maths teacher Forrest and his pupil were ''repeatedly dismissed''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/10520699/Jeremy-Forrest-schoolgirl-abduction-staff-repeatedly-dismissed-concerns-over-relationship.html

It's a sad indictment of the school staff involved, who it would seem had several opportunities potentially to nip all this in the bud. Other kids knew something inappropriate was going on, reported it several times, but the necessary follow-up actions were never taken.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they didn't have enough warnings
    In February 2009, teaching assistant Robert Healy was jailed for seven years after he admitted grooming two girls using the social networking site Bebo, then having sex with them.

Canon Gordon Rideout was allowed to remain chair of the school governors for more than a year despite having being suspended by the Church of England following a Criminal Records Bureau check and despite the school being aware. Rideout was jailed for 10 years in May 2013 for abusing 36 vulnerable girls and boys at a now closed Barnardo's home in Crawley, West Sussex, over a four-year period between the 1960s and 1970s.

In September 2012, maths teacher Jeremy Forrest was arrested in Bordeaux, and subsequently charged by Sussex Police with the abduction of a 15-year-old female pupil. He was found guilty in June 2013, and after pleading guilty to five further charges of sexual activity with a child, was jailed for 5½ years. The judge said that Forrest had been repeatedly warned by colleagues but had lied to them and had been motivated by self-interest. Although a review published in April 2013 did not find evidence of "any significant or systemic failings in safeguarding" following the Forrest verdict, there were calls for headteacher Terry Boatwright to be sacked.]

Reads more like a den of iniquity than a school.

Lessons will be learnt etc

Just the wrong ones at this playground for predators obviously.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uh-oh .. It's from The Sun so obviously take it as you will, although also bear in mind that she has talked to The Sun before so there might be an element of truth in it ..
    THE schoolgirl lover of jailed teacher Jeremy Forrest has written to him saying she DOES want them to be together when he is freed.

The 16-year-old, who fled to France with Forrest, was reported to have ended their relationship.

But she has sent the 31-year-old three “warm, caring and supportive” love letters. A source said: “They are not dumping letters.

The source added: “The girl has written three letters to him, which have been taken

“She wants to be in contact with him. They are about wanting to be with him. They are warm messages to him.

“She wants to continue a relationship with him.”

Forrest has been moved to tough Dartmoor Prison — after a row over confiscation of the letters.

But when prison bosses refused to let him read them Forrest demanded to know if they had broken the rules by banning contact without first carrying out a risk assessment.

Now he has been transferred from Bristol’s Ashfield jail to the grim and remote Dartmoor Prison — 200 miles from the girl and 240 miles from his parents.

Forrest, who fled to France with the girl after police were alerted about their relationship, is serving 5½years for sexual offences and abduction.

He was told the letters had been sent but was refused permission to read them.

Forrest claimed rules state an official assessment must be carried out before communication between a prisoner and victim is banned.

And he demanded to see his personal file to check if the assessment happened.

The source said: “The prison service seem determined they shouldn’t be able to contact each other.

“Jeremy just wants to be in contact with her again — he still cares for her. Jeremy’s family believe he has been moved because he demanded to see personal details held on him, which he thinks will show if the assessment happened.

“He went as far as contacting the information commissioner, who ruled prison authorities should hand it over. Then they moved him.”
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've pointed out, I have no issue with the application of the law in this case. He failed in his duty and committed a criminal offence and was sentenced accordingly. I don't have an issue with that at all.

My issue is the near blanket dismissal of her as an individual capable of free thought for no other reason than she was
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've pointed out, I have no issue with the application of the law in this case. He failed in his duty and committed a criminal offence and was sentenced accordingly. I don't have an issue with that at all.

My issue is the near blanket dismissal of her as an individual capable of free thought for no other reason than she was 15.

Only a 15 year old would believe that a rather seedy not long married man is a romantic ideal. Clear thinking and judgement are not common at that age, something that predators are well aware of.
    If a 15 year old girl told me about a relationship with a recently married man twice her age I would not sigh sentimentally or respect her judgement or feelings or her rights as an individual. Such a kid needs protecting fro HIM but most of all from herself.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    Uh-oh .. It's from The Sun so obviously take it as you will, although also bear in mind that she has talked to The Sun before so there might be an element of truth in it ..

Same story is in the Mail as well.

All I can say is, poor smitten kid. Just goes to show that the effects of child grooming can be long-lasting. I never thought he'd end up in Dartmoor though! :o
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare I say this girl maybe just has a thing for older, teaching types?
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Dare I say this girl maybe just has a thing for older, teaching types?

Runaway girl's new love is 'a 20-year-old PE teaching assistant'

Not really
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hence "older, teaching types". You find one single flaw in that assessment, I dare you!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well clearly she's still under the svengali-type hypnotic influence of Forrest and isn't in control of her actions. This explains why she's now apparently with someone else associated with teachers.

She probably calls him Jeremy as well ..
  • Options
    fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily mail are stupid, a teaching assistant is no where close to being a teacher!
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    I thought it was true devoted love of the purest and most enduring kind, and this girl was so mature that nobody had any right to disagree with the presumption that she and the inadequate married lech were going to be together forever and watch their grandkids grow up.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was true devoted love of the purest and most enduring kind, and this girl was so mature that nobody had any right to disagree with the presumption that she and the inadequate married lech were going to be together forever and watch their grandkids grow up.
    PMSL :D

This would be why we frown upon such liaisons as a society but shouldn't things be made clearer by making it a specific criminal offense?

All a bit murky and ambiguous as things stand.
  • Options
    Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    PMSL :D

This would be why we frown upon such liaisons as a society but shouldn't things be made clearer by making it a specific criminal offense?

All a bit murky and ambiguous as things stand.

What Forrest did IS already a specific criminal offence.