Options

Weirdest Pregnancy Cravings...?

attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
Forum Member
✭✭
I was talking to my mum about this & she said hers were sucking flannels that were soaked in bath water & standing on gravel.

What were yours? :D

Comments

• Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chewing on bath sponges and eating the bubbles in the bath :blush:
  • Options
    nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine in my last pregnancy wasnt too strange... Eating bags of Ice cubes couldn't get enough of them... Day I came out of hospital my other half passed me a bowl of ice to munch, didnt taste the same and the desire to crunch wasnt there!
  • Options
    Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    I was talking to my mum about this & she said hers were sucking flannels that were soaked in bath water & standing on gravel.

What were yours? :D

Wow! You're 15, male, and interested in women's pregnancy issues. Whatever next...:o^_^

Does your school have a lot of underage pregnant chavs, aswell? Maybe they are a distraction from the homophopes. Dunno...
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    My ex-wife used to lick windows when she was pregnant......still does last I heard.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seth1 wrote: »
    Wow! You're 15, male, and interested in women's pregnancy issues. Whatever next...:o^_^

Does your school have a lot of underage pregnant chavs, aswell? Maybe they are a distraction from the homophopes. Dunno...

This ^_^
  • Options
    karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had loads when I was pregnant. My mum knew I was pregnant before I did as I was scoffing mint choc chip icecream by the bucket...I don't like ice cream but I have now developed a taste for caramel chew chew and hazel nut ice cream (but only if it is from Harrods). I also now like chocolate dessert but not with cream on top. Other cravings were three plain quarter pounders with cheese from macdonalds every morning, then on the way home, a tin of new potatoes cold from the tin and pickled onion monster munch. Surprisingly enough, I never got fat and stayed in my size ten jeans throughout :D
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strangest I know was Slush Puppies the icy drink, the lady in question used to bring two into work every morning and have another one at lunchtime.
  • Options
    SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lady I used to work with had the urge to lick the soil off new potatoes. She couldn't buy them loose without doing it in the supermarket.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't do any really odd, but with my fourth I ate double cream like it was yoghurt. I'd find any excuse for cream, but memories of standing with the fridge door open scooping up a pot of cream and eating it in one go turns my stomach now.

Second pregnancy was mushrooms fried in butter. All the time, straight out of the pan.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I craved Wispas and Creamola Foam during both pregnancies. They weren't available during the first so I just had to pine. Wispas came back halfway through second pregnancy. I went crazy. Most days I ate 4. :blush:

Not a craving so much as an urge. Sniffing beer. Only from tins and in particular freshly opened. I'd stick my nose right in and inhale deeply. I don't ordinarily like beer at all. My favourite was Harp lager. Mr T was delighted because I kept buying him lots of beer.
    Rachael. wrote: »
    Chewing on bath sponges and eating the bubbles in the bath :blush:

:D Apparently I did that as a child. Mum tried to hide a retch when she found me with a sponge in my mouth while visiting someone we knew. It was damp so had been used...:o I was only wee. :blush: I used to take bites out of bars of soap too. I think I had hoped that one day I would taste one that tasted how I imagined, and not gurn-makingly foul. Mum stopped me going to other people's bathrooms for a while because I couldn't be trusted not try to eat something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    When I was pregnant with my first (which would have gone unnoticed) I dispelled these as myths since nothing changed.
    Got my comeuppance in my second pregnancy from day 1... the only thing that stopped morning sickness was windolene or petrol
    Cravings were everything from chilli and chocolate to putting avocados in soup, sandwiches.. you name it I ate it
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't really have any cravings but my taste changed regarding tea and coffee. I can't remember which way around it was, but if I usually drank tea then I went off it during pregnancy and drank coffee instead, or vice versa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was pregnant with my first (which would have gone unnoticed) I dispelled these as myths since nothing changed.
    Got my comeuppance in my second pregnancy from day 1... the only thing that stopped morning sickness was windolene or petrol

:o:D Glad you didn't put that in your soup. Would you ordinarily have quite liked those smells? I don't mean seeking them out to snort or anything, but, you know, not averse to them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o:D Glad you didn't put that in your soup. Would you ordinarily have quite liked those smells? I don't mean seeking them out to snort or anything, but, you know, not averse to them?

They don't bother me normally
    But became addictive in first and second trimester
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't bother me normally
    But became addictive in first and second trimester

Makes my beer fixation seem tame. Wish I had tried the windolene - I was really sick the entire time and ginger and motion sickness wrist bands just didn't cut the mustard.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me: Sausage sarnies with brown and red sauce, curry [I hadn't ever had an Indian until I was pregnant and suddenly woke up demanding a chicken korma it was very strange], and candles.
    My sister: Sellotape.
  • Options
    damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A slice of pickled beetroot sandwiched between two chocolate digestives....yum, couldn't get enough of it.
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both times I had a craving for leeks. Only if they were dipped in tea though.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pith of an orange.

Cake paper cups. After eating a cupcake or fairy cake, I chewed its paper cup until there was no 'juice' left.

My addiction was to Fab (ice lolly).
    I couldn't get enough of it. Went through a pack of 8 every day. Would have more if it wasn't for the damn lock on our freezer.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    bags of ice and also iceberg lettuce for me
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pica (the craving for none food items - including coal and chalk) is a recognised medical condition.

Never had any real cravings first time, just "went off" things. Same this time. I have to really have the fancy for what I eat otherwise I won't enjoy it and won't eat it again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pica (the craving for none food items - including coal and chalk) is a recognised medical condition.

Never had any real cravings first time, just "went off" things. Same this time. I have to really have the fancy for what I eat otherwise I won't enjoy it and won't eat it again!

When are you due?
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can confirm I've never had a craving to be pregnant. It gets in the way of me bouncing on my front on the CravenHaven trampoline.
  • Options
    LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    Loving this thread :D
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was eating sponges :o:blush: