Options

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - second single (TBA)

Comments

• Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK so August is coming up. Will we get news of MKS becoming Sugababes??
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fingers crossed :(
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member

Who knows. After almost a year, how many will care?
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Who knows. After almost a year, how many will care?

people will only care if they come back with a huge smash hit. otherwise they are doomed.

though IMO i think they have split up
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We just need to be patient
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    We just need to be patient

How much more patient can people be? Siobhan confirmed almost two years ago now the album was finished, they released a single almost a year ago, the last interview they gave was in February, the last tweet they sent from the band account was in March. People have been patient and have gotten nothing back in return.

You also have to consider only 10,000 people purchased Flatline in it's first two weeks before it dropped out of the top 75. The support wasn't there for them in the first place, I would worry if they still have them after a year of nothingness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well good things come to those who wait.....even if it takes another 5 years before we hear the next single..
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    How much more patient can people be? Siobhan confirmed almost two years ago now the album was finished, they released a single almost a year ago, the last interview they gave was in February, the last tweet they sent from the band account was in March. People have been patient and have gotten nothing back in return.

You also have to consider only 10,000 people purchased Flatline in it's first two weeks before it dropped out of the top 75. The support wasn't there for them in the first place, I would worry if they still have them after a year of nothingness.

I don't really have any interest in the reformation, but I didn't realise that it had been that long. That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Well good things come to those who wait.....even if it takes another 5 years before we hear the next single..

It doesn't always work like that in the music industry, how many new girl groups will have been and gone in five years? They had massive support from the press in 2009, the fans wanted MKS in 2009 and almost five years since Keisha left the Sugababes there has been one massive flop of a single, a six date tour and a whole lot of empty promises.

They could announce their new album tomorrow, they could announce they are the Sugababes again but will it do anything for their album sales? Very unlikely, and I say that as a fan of them. As a fan, I'm past waiting for them to put out a single now because it's been way too long. The media support for them has gone, the fans that wanted them back obviously didn't want them back enough or Flatline wouldn't have Flatlined (such an unfortunate name for a single lol) and we would have had an album by now.

As much as the fans said 1.0 was the ultimate line-up, I simply don't believe that's true. 2.0 will always be the most successful and they will always be the real Sugababes, 1.0's eventual album release will likely go the same way as One Touch did, just not with the semi-hit single to go with it.

Just opinion of course and they could prove me wrong. I really doubt they will though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll find out in 2019 I guess
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Going off the Sugababes line-up, sometime in the next month Siobhan will be climbing out of a window to be replaced by Heidi and by 2019, Mutya will already have been replaced by Amelle with her, Keisha and Heidi hearing up for the release of Flatline: The Singles Collection :p

I just wish Popworld was still around with Simon Amstell to take the piss out of them lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    i have just tweeted them saying along the lines of "August is a day away you promised news, is there? or another false promise?

Keisha has direct messaged me and tweeted me a few times over the last 2 years and always promising, as a fan since day dot I'm really starting to lose interest now
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not impressed with non-developments
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should do a tv show about it all. Not a reunion but a documentary along the lines of giving you everything then a greatest hits with all there tracks on from all the line ups, a goodbye tour featuring all 6 then leave it where it is
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi we're the Sugababes but we're not going to sing our biggest hit About Your Now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi we're the Sugababes but we're not going to sing our biggest hit About Your Now

Lol considering all the contradictory stuff they've spouted since coming back, they may try and claim About You Now for themselves :p

Someone tweeted Keisha a picture of the Sweet 7 album sampler playing her version of Wear My Kiss, her reply was just "awful" and all of the responses are "if it's awful why did you record it"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news?:(
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its obvious that MKS aren't going to release anything else.

Personally speaking I am just waiting for The Ultimate Sugababe Tour feat all six Babes and ALOT of dramatic stories. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any news?:(

It's coming.......

(Like it has been for TWO DAMN YEARS lol)
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their twitter hasn't been touched since March :D oh dear!
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've been in the studio alot recently going by tweets.

There was recently talk that they're coming back under the 'Sugababes' name but that involves a lot of legal issues. Going by what Amelle said she's happy for them to have the name "if they don't use it by early next year".

She also said that thye've talked about a reunion but one of them doesn't want to so they'll talk again next year. Basically it looks like Crown own the name but only have claims to it if they use it by a certain date which looks to be sometime early next year.

If that is the case it's stupid and spiteful for Crown to hold it for the sake of it and would be even worse for Sugababes to come back and use it (therefore keeping it) when they've all moved on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know this is an MKS thread but I thought it best I ask this here than start a new thread. Today marks 12 years since Angels With Dirty Faces was released.

So I was just wondering what everybody's favourite or least favourite track was, what should or shouldn't have been a single, that kind of stuff :)

I would have replaced Shape with Breathe Easy. Freak and Stronger are probably my two favourite Sugababes tracks and the only track I really don't like is Switch.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Angels With Dirty Faces. It's one of those albums I can listen to from start to finish without skipping a track. My favourite songs are probably Round Round, Freak Like Me, Stronger, Blue and Just Don't Need This.
    Someone tweeted Keisha a picture of the Sweet 7 album sampler playing her version of Wear My Kiss, her reply was just "awful" and all of the responses are "if it's awful why did you record it"

It's thing like this which make me lose a lot of respect for Keisha. It's just a very rude thing to say to someone who buys and enjoys the music and it's disrespectful to the fans in general :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It doesn't make me lose respect for her as she's just being honest, well I say honest give it a few years when she's back with Heidi and Jade has replaced Amelle I'm sure Wear My Kiss will be the best track Sugababes ever produced in Keisha's eyes lol.

I do wish sometimes Keisha and to a lesser extent Mutya would be a little bit more respectful about the Sugababes brand. They seem far too willing at times to talk bad about certain tracks/times in the band which becomes even more annoying when you see their names in the writing credits. It just looks quite petty and (cynical hat on) an attempt to make Siobhan feel like she didn't miss the successful times of the band by talking down the success/standard of some of their work.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    All singers record songs they regret/dislike