The Leftovers - Season 1 - US Pace (spoilers)

12346»

Comments

• ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished watching the finale, overall I loved season one and all the episodes. It's called The Leftovers not The Departed so I'm not fussed if we never find out why they disappeared because its interesting watching the drama unfold between the characters.

I also hope they don't focus on a new set of characters because I have loved all the characters apart from Jill, maybe in season two she will stop being a bitch to her dad now that he saved her. Justin Theroux has been amazing.

Only one disappointment and that is that 'Holy Wayne' has died, I expected him to be a much bigger character although maybe they could do a flashback episode in season 2.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up.

As close to perfection as TV gets. Harrowing at times - more than one episode had me absolutely sobbing. But ultimately uplifting,
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    When I first read about this show I was thinking oh shit, another Lost scenario where you get loads of intriguing stories but in the end nothing adds up and you're left with a sense of nothing. Oh I know. I'm too stupid to get it. So I approached Leftovers with that attitude but I've got to say that I love it. I have been seriously moved, disturbed, provoked and generally enthralled. There's enough drama to keep the adrenaline going and enough subtlety to make you think what the hell? It's great stuff.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone seen 'Left Behind' yet?

It is based on the same premise as 'The Left Overs' but set during the disappearing.

I watched it as a prequal to the series (even though it is not related) as it was very similar to the flash back episode.

I would highly recommend it if you like the series.