Lindsay Lohan Appreciation

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
Forum Member
✭✭
I was just wondering who out there likes Lindsay Lohan's music, because I do and I'm not ashamed of it either.I think her first album, 'Speak', was very good and it was praised by a lot of critics. This proves she is much more than just an actress trying to sing.
But her second album 'A Little More Personal (RAW)' is just mind blowing! Every track is a winner! I recommend it to everyone because it won't disappoint.
I don't know how successful she's been in America, it is a shame she hasn't made it big here. But I think she deserves to be well respected and very sucessful because no matter what preconceptions you may have of her, the music is amazing. If you don't believe me, listen to 'A Little More Personal (RAW).'
Would anyone like to comment...

Comments

• LoubeeLoubee Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's got a good voice. I don't own any of her songs, but I was impressed when she sang a little bit on 'Mean Girls.' Not too keen on what she's doing to her body at the mo - but then that's besides the point!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her music is just average, run of the mill, typical, boring, old meaningless pap. She sounds just like every other teenage pop star from America like Ashlee Simpson, Hillary Duff etc..... All instantly forgetful. It's all about celebrity with her. Wanting to be a film star, pop star, own clothing range, dolls. Soon she'll be complaining about being photographed by the press. I don't hate her. I just don't think she is anything special at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to her first album but it was instantly forgettable and, well, crap unfortunately. My standards are much higher.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can honestly tell you that her second song Over was quite literally one of the best of last year, it was absolutely brilliant and I was quite shocked that it didn't reach the top ten!

Bongo88 I'm glad you're not ashamed, why should you be, :) everyone loves different kinds of music. I love Lindsay Lohan, you have good taste man, or girl??? :o:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    I like her music
    I've got both of Lindsay's albums
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pharoah wrote:
    Her music is just average, run of the mill, typical, boring, old meaningless pap. She sounds just like every other teenage pop star from America like Ashlee Simpson, Hillary Duff etc..... All instantly forgetful.

You should give her 2nd album A Little More Personal (Raw) a go it is miles better! A lot more mature and much more rock based. Confessions Of A Broken Heart (Daughter To Father) (really touching), A Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita) (a bittersweet song), Little More Personal, I Want You To Want Me (a great Cheap Trick cover).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    i own both of lindsays lohans and think they are both great!!!!
  • nirvanarhodesnirvanarhodes Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what a hotty she is, i dont know the some but the video were she is tryin to get away from the paps and shes in a nice top that she bounces alot in is ACE, nice voice, a little goddess in the making. mmmmmmmmmm
  • HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    Both albums are great, but I prefer the more maturer RAW. I think she's got a really good voice, and she puts other singers like Ashley and Hillary in the shade.

Anyone know when she's releasing in the UK, I had to get her albums imported.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her voice - and the songs - they're quite upbeat. I haven't heard "Speak", but "A Little More Personal" is certainly worth the money. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HellBoy wrote:
    Both albums are great, but I prefer the more maturer RAW. I think she's got a really good voice, and she puts other singers like Ashley and Hillary in the shade.

Anyone know when she's releasing in the UK, I had to get her albums imported.

I've just looked on Amazon.co.uk and you can buy both of them now, if that's what you meant. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    She's supposed to be going out with Ryan Adams at the mo. He's not that well known in this country, but he's brilliant and well worth a listen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Flimsy voice, forgetable songs, overall average.

She's in the same category as Ashley Simpson or Jennifer lopez, except they are more successful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should give her 2nd album A Little More Personal (Raw) a go it is miles better! A lot more mature and much more rock based. Confessions Of A Broken Heart (Daughter To Father) (really touching), A Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita) (a bittersweet song), Little More Personal, I Want You To Want Me (a great Cheap Trick cover).

Yeah, 'A Little More Personal (RAW)' is the better album of the two, with some truely classic songs.
  • HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    I've just looked on Amazon.co.uk and you can buy both of them now, if that's what you meant. :)

yeh I know that, I meant a proper UK release with promotion and singles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone's interested:

Lindsay Lohan Music Site
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if Lindsay is going to bring the album here officially and give it promo etc.
    I think she should, she's so much better than Hilary Duff and she still insists on releasing her music over here. I think Lindsay's album has some fantastic potential.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the last 7 years since Britney first started, Lindsay Lohan has been the least succesful of all the American female singers, plus the lowest peaking debut single in the UK- "Over" reached #30 in 2005. Shame as I liked that song but then I don't really think much of her other songs though.

Ashlee Simpson Vs Lindsay Lohan?

While I absolutely love her sister, I think Ashlee is just about better but not by much though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear! That's not very good news and I'm really surprised because the album 'Speak' got good reviews and 'Over' was a great song. However, she needed to do much more promotion over here. Does anyone know how it did in the states?
    But I think if she released 'A Little More Personal' it would be a different story because it is so much better quality and really mature. Kind of reminds me of Kelly Clarkson.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Lindsay manages to sort herself out and uses the experience to employ to her music because Lindsay actually made some great music! Just been listening to over and beautiful life :)
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I love Her music actually :o:D

I think she is a very talented person she can sing and some may argue but she can act to i love all the films shes in.

I hope she brings out a New album and promotes it over here :)