Options

I think Simon has had enough of Amanda

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Several times in the last week Simon has looked totally
perplexed by Amandas' comments and lets face it he must realise by now how f***ing awful she is when it comes to summing up the acts. How on earth could she think the Fatley fellow was going to win?

Who would you give her job to?

Comments

• Options
    hannah-xhannah-x Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I disagree with your comments regarding Amanda as a person, I do wonder if Simon doesn't actually like her very much. What seemed to be friendly banter at first comes across now as Simon finding Amanda quite irritating.

But maybe I'm just reading things wrong.
  • Options
    StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an idiot, but Signature almost won...
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She may not be much cop but she makes him look good:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    She has always been a terrible judge. However, I dont know who would replace her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her, I dont warm to her like i do to Cheryl on X Factor, etc..but she's good, A little too botoxed in my opinion, especially last night, but i think simon likes her!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I think we've all had enough of Amanda! She contradicts herself constantly and clearly doesn't have much of clue about anything! Can we have Sharon Osborne or somebody?

Or even Kelly whatherface.... she was better than Amanda the few times we saw her!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I think Mrs O would be perfect for the Job if Amanda was to go. She is fab on America's got Talent.

Although I personally don't mind Amanda, she cares about the contestants, especially the younger ones.
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i'm puzzled as to how she got the gig in the first place as although she's done a few bits and pieces, she's very mediocre.

i like her a lot but find her a bit pretentious sometimes (dahling).
  • Options
    aj_2000aj_2000 Posts: 2,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her when BGT first came to our screens but this year she really has been annoying! I think both Piers and Simon would like to see her leave.
  • Options
    Bob22ABob22A Posts: 6,830
    Forum Member
    hannah-x wrote: »
    Whilst I disagree with your comments regarding Amanda as a person, I do wonder if Simon doesn't actually like her very much. What seemed to be friendly banter at first comes across now as Simon finding Amanda quite irritating.

But maybe I'm just reading things wrong.

It's all a part of the act. It goes down well to appear to have a bit of conflict between the judges
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Simon will change her, there would be no point in it. BGT is doing very well.
    Amanda is no worse than Piers...except for that dumb comment about the fella on the rope.
  • Options
    CarmanCarman Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Verona~ wrote: »
    I don't think Simon will change her, there would be no point in it. BGT is doing very well.
    Amanda is no worse than Piers...except for that dumb comment about the fella on the rope.

I think that Piers and Amanda sometimes put acts through from the auditions just to wind Simon up. Some of the more ridiculous ones have no chance of winning, e.g. that chap who put his finger in his belly-button then into his mouth - gross!
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Amanda does a great job. As for Simon looking perplexed or irritated by her comments - that's just his style. He does it with all his co-judges.

I'd far rather have Amanda as a judge than the vile Sharon O.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carman wrote: »
    I think that Piers and Amanda sometimes put acts through from the auditions just to wind Simon up. Some of the more ridiculous ones have no chance of winning, e.g. that chap who put his finger in his belly-button then into his mouth - gross!

I completely agree with you, they don't genuinely see talent in these acts. But if Simon really wanted the acts out of the competition he'd overrule them and not let them through to the semi finals.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    I thought Simon looked more peed off with PM than he did with Amanda.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Amanda is hopeless at critique, she'd be better off judging a bowl of flowers. If there were a caption over her head it would read "must be nice at all times to build my image". No wonder Simon looks so irritated by her at times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Amanda is hopeless at critique, she'd be better off judging a bowl of flowers. If there were a caption over her head it would read "must be nice at all times to build my image". No wonder Simon looks so irritated by her at times.

Spot on. Could not have put it better myself.
    I would put dear old Judy Finnigan on the judging panal.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    I think we've all had enough of Amanda! She contradicts herself constantly and clearly doesn't have much of clue about anything! Can we have Sharon Osborne or somebody?

Or even Kelly whatherface.... she was better than Amanda the few times we saw her!

Don't speak for everyone, I certainly haven't.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I can tell from the little I have seen, Amanda is there just to cry when the act demands she does. How many times has the camera panned to her "endearing" look at some cute kid needing its potty. The director knows what he is doing and every trick is employed to drive the emotion.
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~Verona~ wrote: »

Series 4 next year though - time to spice things up a bit by changing the judge line up ;)

I doubt it though. Although she does annoy me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I think its sexual tension
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After last nights ratings, I think trying to change the format in anyway would be crazy.

Amanda, Piers and Simon work as a panel, I don't think Simon would risk rocking the boat again a)because of this years massive success and b)Because of the almost failure that adding Kelly Brook to the panel could have caused.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    I thought that Simon showed pleasure in making her look small this series, indeed like he found her annoying. I think she is a bit of a foot in mouth type of person, speaks before she thinks, and makes herself look silly quite a lot. He makes a point of this sometimes.

He stopped it towards the end of semi week though, I think it was after a time when she got really annoyed and flustered by him. I think they had words after (but I am now purely imagining of course, I don't know that!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God i hope so.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »

That's what she's paid to do, though. To favour the contestants against the big mean boys.