Number of sexual partners

scheadschead Posts: 977
Forum Member
✭✭
I have just been reading a book, (Infidelity for beginners by Danny King), and came across one claim that I found interesting.The average person has 20 sexual partners in their life. Now, having been married since 22 and not had any affairs, (combined with being crap around women as a youngster), my tally is FAR, FAR below this. I am 36 and my number is 4. Am I just hopelessly crap, or do the few people that shag everything available drag the average numbers up?

Comments

• Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who counts? i don't
  • scheadschead Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who counts? i don't

Well, anything less than 10, and counting is sort of easy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 22 and have had 6, I am currently in a serious relationship as well, so that could well be my final count. I feel this is significantly lower than the average male my age, but I dunno, I just don't like shagging anything that moves, so I don't :) I am sure if I lowered my standards or whatever, I'd be closer to the average. (that sounded bad)
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    39, met my husband at 18, number is 5 although I'm pretty sure one of them wouldn't officially count.
  • SpamJavelinSpamJavelin Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be one of the very few people who has ever actually kept a list. It's somewhere between 25 and 30, and the uncertainty is because there are some, though written down at the time, that I can't actually remember :o
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spice up your sex life by trying a bit of "rodeo sex." Take your missus from behind and
    holding on tightly to her jugs, whisper 'Your sister is better than you.'
    See how long you can "stay mounted" for.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    39, met my husband at 18, number is 5 although I'm pretty sure one of them wouldn't officially count.

Wow, I totally misread that as your total was 39 but your husband was number 18 for a moment there. That would be 21 WHOLE AFFAIRS! How would anyone have the time???

Makes much more sense the way you actually meant it. But not as exciting.
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are some of us still on 0!
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be one of the very few people who has ever actually kept a list. It's somewhere between 25 and 30, and the uncertainty is because there are some, though written down at the time, that I can't actually remember :o

You kept a list?! :eek:

Did you mark them all out of 10 too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    feckit wrote: »
    Spice up your sex life by trying a bit of "rodeo sex." Take your missus from behind and
    holding on tightly to her jugs, whisper 'Your sister is better than you.'
    See how long you can "stay mounted" for.

My wife doesn't have a sister. She does have a brother though. Would that work?
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow I can barely make ten. Someone is bumping up the average (literally) somewhere.
  • SpamJavelinSpamJavelin Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    You kept a list?! :eek:

Did you mark them all out of 10 too?
    In my head. Not on paper :)
  • vintage_girlvintage_girl Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    schead wrote: »
    I have just been reading a book, (Infidelity for beginners by Danny King), and came across one claim that I found interesting.The average person has 20 sexual partners in their life. Now, having been married since 22 and not had any affairs, (combined with being crap around women as a youngster), my tally is FAR, FAR below this. I am 36 and my number is 4. Am I just hopelessly crap, or do the few people that shag everything available drag the average numbers up?

I'm 24 and my number is 8. Hopefully this will be the final count as I'm in a long term relationship that looks like it has a good future...but you never know. I don't think I'd ever get to 20 though. Relax, who cares what others are doing. Some people sleep with hundreds of people in their life time, others die virgins. Just stick with what's right for you!
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMFG! I'm a slag & a bit ashamed of it.. so I will say 8 and I will not budge.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my head. Not on paper :)

ah right, well that's slightly better then! :D
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    schead wrote: »
    My wife doesn't have a sister. She does have a brother though. Would that work?

:D Yes. I think Gary should work nicely.;)
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You only need to watch 'What Happens In Kavos' to see how the averages are bumped up.
    STD averages too.:eek:
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    3 and a quickie. #3 (present company) is great!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 24 and my number is 8. Hopefully this will be the final count as I'm in a long term relationship that looks like it has a good future...but you never know. I don't think I'd ever get to 20 though. Relax, who cares what others are doing. Some people sleep with hundreds of people in their life time, others die virgins. Just stick with what's right for you!

Well, thankyou for the Jeremy Kyle advice, but I honestly don't give a crap one way or the other. I just read this in a book and found it interesting to see what the average really is. I hope that my number never increases as I have no plans to shag anybody else other than my wife. I love being married. I love not having to make an effort and not having to put up with all the bullshit involved with trying to pick up girls.

Probably best not to tell my wife about the not having to make an effort bit :)
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Zero !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0 im 22
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm taking this to the grave with me.
  • stormin normstormin norm Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    I'm 33 and had more than 10, less than 20. Without counting I couldn't give you the exact number
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i been married twice once for 25 years and now for 8 years+
    between 2002/4 i had sexual laisons with about 60+ women all but two was one night or less affairs.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not saying, but in time you will realise that 1 (the right one) is plenty