Three Men & a Baby/Three Men & a Little Lady

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just watched them to back to back and was surprised by how boring I found the first film. Other than the infamous "ghost boy" scene (which is actually Ted Dansons cardboard cut out) it has a very weak plot.

The sequel which performed much poorer in the box office and with critics is actually a wonderful little movie. I love the action moving to England stereotypes and all its just a hilarious film the wonderful Fiona Shaw trying to seduce Tom Selleck & Ted Danson playing the senile old vicar at the end are just two of the many parts that make the film great.

What do you think?

Comments

• SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    I just watched them to back to back and was surprised by how boring I found the first film. Other than the infamous "ghost boy" scene (which is actually Ted Dansons cardboard cut out) it has a very weak plot.

The sequel which performed much poorer in the box office and with critics is actually a wonderful little movie. I love the action moving to England stereotypes and all its just a hilarious film the wonderful Fiona Shaw trying to seduce Tom Selleck & Ted Danson playing the senile old vicar at the end are just two of the many parts that make the film great.

What do you think?

I always remember those scenes for a line I never understood as a child but always makes me crack up when I watch it these days. When she comes over to Peter who is watching the marquee tent being put up for the wedding and goes...

'Not as impressive as your mighty erection, I'd imagine!' :D:o:D
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    I always remember those scenes for a line I never understood as a child but always makes me crack up when I watch it these days. When she comes over to Peter who is watching the marquee tent being put up for the wedding and goes...

'Not as impressive as your mighty erection, I'd imagine!' :D:o:D

Brilliant haha! I used to make my mum hire the video from our local shop all the time!
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 men and a baby seemed to be on tv every other week during the 1990s
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Three Men and a Little Lady because Id visited Broughton Castle in Oxfordshire where it was filmed. Didn't think much of it though.
  • AraelGrayAraelGray Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    I watched Three Men and a Little Lady because Id visited Broughton Castle in Oxfordshire where it was filmed. Didn't think much of it though.

The horror. They are classics.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I prefer three men and a little lady to the first film. It's funnier when the girl could speak.
  • DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These two films always remind me of my child hood as my Mum loved them. I still love them because they remind me of a happier time before the shit hit the fan.