The Seth Macfarlane Trio - UK Speed

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
Forum Member
✭✭
Thought we should have a thread based on Seth Macfarlane's animated sitcoms just like the CSI's are all based in one thread.

I have a few questions, why is FX airing Family Guy season 9 and calling it season 10 passing it off as the latest season, now I understand why FX calls American Dad season 7 even though they actually showed season 6 (thats down to the DVD volumes being released in that order and even imdb have the episodes listed that way) but I think its bad enough that they show FG a year late and then they don't even label it properly. BBC3 finished showing the real season 10 a few weeks back.

also does anyone know when The Cleveland Show season 4 will begin on E4 not really sure they started season 3 last year but its always been close to the US airdate.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    also does anyone know when The Cleveland Show season 4 will begin on E4 not really sure they started season 3 last year but its always been close to the US airdate.

E4 have always started Cleveland in January so that they can have an uninterrupted run.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped series linking the Macfarlane shows due to the constant confusion. One minute it's recording new eps, and then suddenly you check the planner one day and it's also recorded about 5 old eps throughout the night. It's annoying, and i can't keep up with it. Not to mention the fact that so many different channels air his stuff.

I tend to just watch them if they happen to be on, and if i've obviously not seen it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah that happened with Family Guy this year I had to keep manually setting to record the next episode every week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    E4 have always started Cleveland in January so that they can have an uninterrupted run.

Thanks, I always thought it was closer to October/November for some reason
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    To Help You Guys Out:
    American Dad - First Run: Starts December [FX], Second Run: Starts Following September [BBC Three]*
    The Cleveland Show - Starts January [E4]
    Family Guy - Starts May [BBC Three]*

*It is at present unconfirmed if BBC Three still hold/will renew the rights to Family Guy, this also places doubt as to whether they still hold/will renew American Dad rights
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To Help You Guys Out:
    American Dad - First Run: Starts December [FX], Second Run: Starts Following September [BBC Three]*
    The Cleveland Show - Starts January [E4]
    Family Guy - Starts May [BBC Three]*

*It is at present unconfirmed if BBC Three still hold/will renew the rights to Family Guy, this also places doubt as to whether they still hold/will renew American Dad rights

Oh I hope they do, FX is two years behind on Family Guy I wouldn't want them getting the first run rights
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope BBC THREE keep American Dad!. If not, hopefully E4 picks it up seeing as they already have Cleveland. If the BBC don't wan't Family Guy I'm also sure E4 will pick that up too. All 3 MacFarlane shows together in a animation block every night would pull in some decent ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think FOX missed a good opportunity last night to show the three part hurricane crossover. They showed the American Dad and Cleveland Show episodes but their scheduling worked against them as AD's ep was supposed to be part 3 so the ending wouldn't have made much sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    I think FOX missed a good opportunity last night to show the three part hurricane crossover. They showed the American Dad and Cleveland Show episodes but their scheduling worked against them as AD's ep was supposed to be part 3 so the ending wouldn't have made much sense.

I don't think FOX have the rights to that episode of Family Guy yet, so that's why they didn't show it, they'll probably show all three episodes together when they show that season of FG. If i remember correctly though, the FG episode was pretty much a standalone episode, it's only connection to the other two was that it was set during a hurricane.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I really think BBC Three shouldn't renew their rights, then FOX get the rights.

Then FOX should air the rest of Season 7, then continue straight on with Season 8 a few weeks later. Then have the next season air in January as normal, so the show catches up. But I've realised that in terms of DVD releases, AD! is better because the DVD of the season is usually released in the UK just as the show ends in the UK. If FOX did get Family Guy though, I wouldn't want them to have a season fall behind like they do for AD!

The Cleveland Show I don't think will last much longer, so probably just stick to re-runs on E4.

All in all I just don't want BBC Three to have FG anymore seeming it's not in HD.