Lady Gaga - 'Venus' (new single from ARTPOP)

Comments

• Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone in another thread was slightly OTT saying how it is "tumbling down the charts", it's not exactly at #20 already is it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, 'Venus' is unveiled soon so hopefully Gaga has made the right choice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me if at this point she performs 'Applause'. There's too much confusion, a) I doubt they'd be able to get R Kelly for the performance if she is to sing 'Do What U Want' and b) if she performs 'Venus', what's the point if 'DWUW' is the single?
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if at this point she performs 'Applause'. There's too much confusion, a) I doubt they'd be able to get R Kelly for the performance if she is to sing 'Do What U Want' and b) if she performs 'Venus', what's the point if 'DWUW' is the single?

Ugh I hope not!! Come on Gaga get your act together! I didn't think this would be a good idea but she has to do something about it. it made no sense to me that KP performed Roar at X Factor, just like Robin THicke with Blurred LInes. Those singles are over. I think doing Applause would be a big mistake.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    Someone in another thread was slightly OTT saying how it is "tumbling down the charts", it's not exactly at #20 already is it. :rolleyes:

":rolleyes:" right back at ya.

I'm still holding out for Venus to be the song to blow everyone away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    She should release 'Venus' in the UK I think and 'Do What U Want' everywhere else :) She needs to make the most of this X Factor performance!!
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    New Venus lyrics on her Instagram...they look messy. "Aphrodite lady seashell bikini, garden panty, Venus"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know why but I'm getting Judas vibes...I think it will be very campy and fabulous:D
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is this still going to be a proper single along with DWUW? Will Venus still be released as planned?
  • Joell_HambyJoell_Hamby Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    this album is so frikkin amazing....even though I love her completely she does have tunes I don't like...but on this album I swear every song just slays me....she is so talented...this will truly be album and record of the year....GRAMMIES BABY.....play it with earphones and just zone into mother monster.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how did you hear it already?!
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Squatch wrote: »
    So is this still going to be a proper single along with DWUW? Will Venus still be released as planned?

We don't know exactly, the problem is I sense Venus is more traditional Gaga (see Applause) that the record company is worried isn't working anymore. However, there is apparently a lot of promo for Venus already done along with the music video so! Maybe she will be the first artist to release her 2nd and 3rd singles at the same time :confused:
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to X-Factor's Executive Producer, Gaga is still performing Venus of Sunday. What an absolute mess!
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is "venus" going to be released separately as a single or is going to made available via the album rendering it also ineligible to chart?
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    is "venus" going to be released separately as a single or is going to made available via the album rendering it also ineligible to chart?

This is what i dont understand 'Applause' was released exactly the same way as DWUW and that was chart eligible yet this isnt?!?!?!

My guesses is that the label sent out a message to the OCC saying they didnt want it too chart...bad move if they did!
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what i dont understand 'Applause' was released exactly the same way as DWUW and that was chart eligible yet this isnt?!?!?!

My guesses is that the label sent out a message to the OCC saying they didnt want it too chart...bad move if they did!

no, there is a valid reason why dwuw wont chart in the uk yet, i posted it in another thread...
    gpk wrote: »
    more from the occ...

Lady Gaga’s Do What U Want (featuring R Kelly) will become chart eligible once the related album pre-order promotion ends. Official Chart rules, as agreed in committee with the British music industry, allow one ‘instant grat’ promotion per album, i.e a single track download given away as an album pre-order incentive. Do What U Want is the second track to be delivered to fans who pre-order ARTPOP, the track will become eligible to chart once the current chosen promotional period ends and the full album is released on 11 November.

i just wondered if "venus" is going to be released separate from the album? so i've just had a look on itunes and the track is still coming up as "album only".
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're only allowed one instant grat’ release per album. It's why Katy's Walking On Air was ineligible but Dark Horse went Top 30.

Edit: Beaten to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venus is supposed to be the "Bad Romance" of Artpop....I need to hear it already:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    It's a shame that it would have been avoided had the ARTPOP preorder simply been pushed back until after applause was released in the UK. That way DWUW could have charted and Venus would be a seperate single and both done their thing simultaneously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my! Have any of you seen the three 'Venus' artwork covers!? Shot by Klein (The Fame & Alejandro director) They are amazing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    The covers bother me. But mostly because of the clumsy borders. They'd look so much better with a consistent white frame and handwritten text.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any Gaga cover will ever bother me again, the reason? I'm still getting over the microsoft word 'born this way' font :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my!! The Venus snippet!!!?

Is this too early to call it the new 'bad romance'?
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just heard the venus snippet. It sounds pretty good.

Should be second single after applause.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan on This Morning said that gaga is performing her new single do what you want?

Is she not performing venus?
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Oh wow - that snippet..... it's like a bad romance meets B52's? I really likeit already! Is it a cover of the track zombie zombie - rocket number 9? Or collab or sample?