Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 143)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Now I've rewatched, I can understand most of the dialogue that I couldn't get last night (even some of Walker's mumbling was tricky for me lol) but there's one line I can't get which I'm sure you can help me with. After Walker says to Brendan 'I want to know. I have a right to know' what does Brendan say before he says 'Goodnight Simon'?

Thanks
    Forum Member
    I knooooooooooooooooooooooow. :o

No wonder Simon was up for it. ;)

Anyone else notice he FINALLY called him Soimon last night? :D

It sounds really weird when he's called Simon. I just don't think it suits him. I think he did call him Simon once during the heist episode.

On a different matter, could it be anyone other than Walker that Brendan is on the phone to saying 'you wanna get your hands dirty?' Although I suppose by this time he has moved the body without Walker's knowledge and is suspicious of him so wants to incriminate Walker by having him help slice n dice.
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amanda_S wrote: »
    On a different matter, could it be anyone other than Walker that Brendan is on the phone to saying 'you wanna get your hands dirty?' Although I suppose by this time he has moved the body without Walker's knowledge and is suspicious of him so wants to incriminate Walker by having him help slice n dice.

No, it has to be Walker, I think. He certainly wouldn't ring Joel and we know Walker ends up there because we've seen him kick a tyre outside.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I knooooooooooooooooooooooow. :o

No wonder Simon was up for it. ;)

Anyone else notice he FINALLY called him Soimon last night? :D

Was that the first time? I thought he had before, but maybe it's just in my head. :o
    Now I've rewatched, I can understand most of the dialogue that I couldn't get last night (even some of Walker's mumbling was tricky for me lol) but there's one line I can't get which I'm sure you can help me with. After Walker says to Brendan 'I want to know. I have a right to know' what does Brendan say before he says 'Goodnight Simon'?

Thanks

I missed that as well. I was distracted by all the chest on show. :o I watched again this morning and just couldn't make it out.
    Forum Member
    Was that the first time? I thought he had before, but maybe it's just in my head. :o

I missed that as well. I was distracted by all the chest on show. :o I watched again this morning and just couldn't make it out.

Now why on earth would you have wanted to watch that particular scene again? :rolleyes: Can't understand it myself. I only rewatched the Amsterdam strand ;)
    Forum Member

Anyone else out there feel like rewatching so I can be put out of my misery??? Come on, it can't be that much of a hardship :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like "something that I couldn't let go"?

I think he maybe has once or twice, but very rarely. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    Hi,I'm back.

I think Brendan said 'Something I couldn't let go of' - :cool:

On the Bralker sex debate thing, I do think they will have sex and it will be an attempt by Walker to convince Brendan he is who he says he is and that he can trust him. I do think he is straight though after the bump into the nurse. Nana knew :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nana knew :cool:

I love psychic Nana. :cool:

Even though I think she may know something about Brendan's childhood. :o

Did anyone work out what Walker was reading?
  • MissCelticMissCeltic Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,I'm back.

On the Bralker sex debate thing, I do think they will have sex and it will be an attempt by Walker to convince Brendan he is who he says he is and that he can trust him. I do think he is straight though after the bump into the nurse. Nana knew :cool:

I have always believed that Walker is straight so to go to these lengths just goes to show how much hatred he has for Brendan.

I was well impressed with Brendan's self control in the bed though;)
    Forum Member
    Hi,I'm back.

BIB - I kind of think now that's what Emmett was alluding to in a couple of his tweets yesterday.

I do feel that this scene is what the powers that be want to be Hollyoaks big OMG moment this year. They've plugged the hell out of Joelesa sex. The explosion has been spoiled to death. I think this is their groundbreaking scene. And as such, I'm anticipating something good. I just hope if they're going there, they do it justice. (sorry to potentially put some of you off your breakfasts)
    Forum Member
    MissCeltic wrote: »
    I have always believed that Walker is straight so to go to these lengths just goes to show how much hatred he has for Brendan.

Personally I think it's just a plot device to get these two characters in an explicit sex scene. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for Walker to be coming on strong to him. There is no way Walker would believe that Brendan would open up to him if they had sex. It's just ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    I love psychic Nana. :cool:

Even though I think she may know something about Brendan's childhood. :o

I am still very unsettled by Nana I'm sorry to say. The cigarette on the side and her being the smoker worries me no end. She could break all our hearts yet you know :(
    MissCeltic wrote: »

You see, I wasn't so sure as he does seem somewhat sexually attracted to Brendan imo - it's very weird. However, that aside, if he does go there as part of his plan to destroy Brendan it's a very dark move :cool:
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys. Will have a rewatch in a bit to see if this fits
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have not a clue but he looked well fit when he was doing it.

*hums sexy boyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still very unsettled by Nana I'm sorry to say. The cigarette on the side and her being the smoker worries me no end. She could break all our hearts yet you know :(

Yes, I'm a little suspect now, myself.

Also there's something quite odd about cigarettes and Brendan's refusal to let her smoke, twice last night, which seemed like it was more than concern for her health.
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    Hello.

With the Tumblr post mojo linked, I can sort of see their points but I'm nowhere near as angry or disappointed as that poster. I think Helen hit the nail on the head about the relative schedules of the Later and the main show shoots meaning that the Brendan who was being presented in the main show when Later got under way was how he was before Lynsey's death and the inching back towards Ste. The end of the dinner party, with Ste being clear to Brendan that he was still with Doug, had to be done; if we'd got the kiss or whatever people were after, it would have been an even worse fit with Later.

I'm not going to prejudge the Bralker stuff.

Hi,I'm back.

Yes, "something I couldn't let go."

I think this is quite a likely scenario.
    Forum Member
    BIB - I kind of think now that's what Emmett was alluding to in a couple of his tweets yesterday.

I do feel that this scene is what the powers that be want to be Hollyoaks big OMG moment this year. They've plugged the hell out of Joelesa sex. The explosion has been spoiled to death. I think this is their groundbreaking scene. And as such, I'm anticipating something good. I just hope if they're going there, they do it justice. (sorry to potentially put some of you off your breakfasts)
    Personally I think it's just a plot device to get these two characters in an explicit sex scene. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for Walker to be coming on strong to him. There is no way Walker would believe that Brendan would open up to him if they had sex. It's just ridiculous.
    Oh right, I wasn't about yesterday. But yep, Neil has alluded to it too with his comments about the 'trust' he and Emmett share.

I have real fears that their scene could be really disturbing and linked with what happened to Brendan at the holiday home. The clip showed Walker looking somewhat distressed :o
  • JEHJEH Posts: 2,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just quickly popping on to say on the earlier comments brendan called him soimon in the episode that they kissed brendan said I know what you are soimon I remember this because I flailed at it :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckmoo wrote: »

MY DUCK. :cool:
    Hello.

With the Tumblr post mojo linked, I can sort of see their points but I'm nowhere near as angry or disappointed as that poster. I think Helen hit the nail on the head about the relative schedules of the Later and the main show shoots meaning that the Brendan who was being presented in the main show when Later got under way was how he was before Lynsey's death and the inching back towards Ste. The end of the dinner party, with Ste being clear to Brendan that he was still with Doug, had to be done; if we'd got the kiss or whatever people were after, it would have been an even worse fit with Later.

Completely agree.
  • MissCelticMissCeltic Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh right, I wasn't about yesterday. But yep, Neil has alluded to it too with his comments about the 'trust' he and Emmett share.

I have real fears that their scene could be really disturbing and linked with what happened to Brendan at the holiday home. The clip showed Walker looking somewhat distressed :o

Yeah it concerns me that its going to be quite horrible. I do not believe for one minute that its going to happen the way people are suggesting but I don't think its going to be a nice experience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEH wrote: »
    Just quickly popping on to say on the earlier comments brendan called him soimon in the episode that they kissed brendan said I know what you are soimon I remember this because I flailed at it :-)

Thank yer. :cool:
    Forum Member
    duckmoo wrote: »

Imagine if had been 'Fifty Shades...' :cool:

Walker + motorbike + book reading = Sutts dying and gone to heaven.
    :cool:
    Yes, I'm a little suspect now, myself.

Also there's something quite odd about cigarettes and Brendan's refusal to let her smoke, twice last night, which seemed like it was more than concern for her health.

She is troubled by Brendan and his da. Both have been uttered as she has woken from her dreams/nightmares. I think we will learn she was a condoner unfortunately and did nothing, maybe through her own fear.
    Hello.

I'm not going to prejudge the Bralker stuff.

Yes, "something I couldn't let go."

I think this is quite a likely scenario.

I think I am not having much of a problem with Brendan as he is essentially Brendan. Let us not forget he hammered Danny, wrapped him in a rug and made jokes about it :eek: I do see the man he is becoming too - surrounded by others, showing care (albeit twisted) for them and to some degree doing what needs to be done to protect them. Maybe it's just me, but I am not finding him too jarring with how he is now. I just want there to be a little flash of something when Chez says Ste has called. This will please me :)
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    JEH wrote: »
    And he also called him Soimon in the episode after the kiss, when they were talking in the doorway of the club.
    Forum Member
    MY DUCK. :cool:

That's one of them arty penguin classic type covers ain't it? So wish it was upside down, thus confirming Soimon's status as a complete fake! Ha! ;)
This discussion has been closed.