The Ratings Thread (Part 10)

1226227228229230232»

Comments

• Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all_night wrote: »
    I thought tapechecked counts for an early finish more than five minutes? BB finished at 11.07 last night. 11.04 - 11.07 was part 5 including phone numbers and credits
    It's tape-checked if it finishes more than 2.5 minutes earlier than the scheduled end time. As BB finished at 11.07pm (before 11.07pm and 30 seconds), the 11.05-11.10pm period is removed for the tape-checked rating.
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    rzt wrote: »
    It's tape-checked if it finishes more than 2.5 minutes earlier than the scheduled end time. As BB finished at 11.07pm (before 11.07pm and 30 seconds), the 11.05-11.10pm period is removed for the tape-checked rating.

Oh right thank you.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Big Brother's tape checked rating, including +1 for viewership and share is 2.86m (16.6%). From Broadcast:

BBC Four
    21:00 - In Their Own Words: 162,700 (0.6%)

ITV2
    21:00 - Ghosthunting with Katie, Alex and Friends: 313,400 (1.4%)

E4
    21:00 - One Tree Hill: 318,100 (1.3%)

More4
    21:00 - Location, Location, Location: 299,900 (1.2%)

Sky1
    20:00 - The Biggest Loser US: 101,800 (0.4%)

Virgin1
    21:00 - Chuck: 173,100 (0.7%)

Living
    21:00 - Britain’s Next Top Model: 239,600 (1%)

No Monday Night Football figures? Surely it must be tops in multichannels and maybe edge out C5?
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder how BB will do tonight but there really isn't any hype as you'd expect there to be. It is rather going out on a whim than bang.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    15:00 - Shortland Street: 8,000 (0.1%)
    15:30 - Shortland Street: 12,000 (0.1%)
    Poor.

Although perhaps it is encouraging that it did at least build its audience over the hour. Maybe it will steadily grow over time to respectable levels.

Else it will go the same way as the US soaps and get pushed to a late night slot before disappearing completely when the rights expire...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Wonder how BB will do tonight but there really isn't any hype as you'd expect there to be. It is rather going out on a whim than bang.

...or even a whimper.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    ...or even a whimper.

Not really when the finale will almost certainly have above 3m, and will probably win the 9pm slot - unless The Bill sees another week on week rise with The Deep sent further down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Digital Spy:

19:00 - Live Ford Monday Night Football: 1.40m (5.9%)
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    No Monday Night Football figures? Surely it must be tops in multichannels and maybe edge out C5?

Sky Sports 1: 1.4m 2.5%

BBC3 Family Guy over 1m
    ITV4 Benidorm just under 1m
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict 3 million for the BB final, but UBB will be more for the hardcore fans and I can only see it getting 2 -2.5 million.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Digital Spy:

19:00 - Live Ford Monday Night Football: 1.40m (5.9%)

Good figures for a three and a half hour broadcast, fourth best channel in peak time . Wonder what the peaks were for the
    actual match?
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not one bit surprised about that Shortland Street ratings, I said it would flop and I was right.

That said I would not be surprised if Living gave Adam Rickitt some sort of reality show,. like Jordan.

Maybe when Jordan breaks up with Alex, she can marry Adam.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it the last ep of the bill :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it the last ep of the bill :eek:

Next Tuesday it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11072221
    Ant and Dec's plans to revive gameshow Name That Tune for Channel Five have been abandoned over an issue with the owners of the format.

The TV duo announced in October that their company would revive the show, which was popular in the 1970s and 80s.

Five, which was recently acquired by publishing mogul Richard Desmond, will now produce a new music quiz show called The Beat Goes On.

It will test musical knowledge and singing and dancing ability.

Since when? First I've heard about the planned revival, plus I thought they were on a golden-handcuffs deal with ITV. Anyone care to clarify?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desmond has talked about a music based show before, so this "The Beat Goes On" is no surprise, I assume it will be Ant & Decs production company who will make it, with another host, you know because that worked so well when Olga TV, made The Paul O Grady Show without Paul O Grady.

Ant & Dec signing at Five, would be a massive deal, didnt they just sign a new deal at ITV fairly recently?
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're on a golden handcuffs deal as performers, but their company - Gallowgate - is free to make programmes for anyone. Perhaps they were just going to produce it with someone else fronting?
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Bushmills wrote: »
    They're on a golden handcuffs deal as performers, but their company - Gallowgate - is free to make programmes for anyone. Perhaps they were just going to produce it with someone else fronting?
    Yes, I imagine that is what was meant.
  • Options
    Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    Desmond has talked about a music based show before, so this "The Beat Goes On" is no surprise, I assume it will be Ant & Decs production company who will make it, with another host, you know because that worked so well when Olga TV, made The Paul O Grady Show without Paul O Grady.

Ant & Dec signing at Five, would be a massive deal, didnt they just sign a new deal at ITV fairly recently?

It was announced ages ago, I think its Duncan James doing it, I can't remember. If not its someone of that calibre. A quick google will tell you.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    I am not one bit surprised about that Shortland Street ratings, I said it would flop and I was right.

That said I would not be surprised if Living gave Adam Rickitt some sort of reality show,. like Jordan.

Maybe when Jordan breaks up with Alex, she can marry Adam.

It was only ever seen as schedule filler in daytime and was a victim of changing tastes when soaps from down under became unpopular and ITV cancelled them. It's the same if The Sullivans was repeated now, there'd be very little interest and the bulk of the audience would be dead now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    It was only ever seen as schedule filler in daytime and was a victim of changing tastes when soaps from down under became unpopular and ITV cancelled them. It's the same if The Sullivans was repeated now, there'd be very little interest and the bulk of the audience would be dead now.
    then why on earth did Living bring it back, unless its part of some crazy scheme to make Adam Rickit the male face of the channel, which really asks more questions than it answers
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »

And the Emmy for ,most sensistive post of the day goes to.....:)
This discussion has been closed.