Options

Humax HDR 1000S problems.

dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just bought one to replace SkyHD from well informed(not) salesman at Curries and got it working last night.Relocated router temporarily and connected network all ok.No recordings showed up so found this site and did factory reset and recordings started showing up OK.Have used a Triax trilink to take place of Sky magic eye and all works fine,have a 6 way amplifier in loft.
The problems I have are that it will not accept a postcode ,have tried full ,part ,a general birmingham one with no success.Hasnt stopped it working of course but a niggling fault.
Can't see how to pad recordings been through menu and the folder with it any guidance welcomed.
I also need 3 extra remotes is there a cheap universal one for bedrooms if not Ill just bite the bullet and order the genuine ones as I am hoping to making a profit by April 2014 :D
Has anyone run this unit from 12volt,we go abroad in caravan and am hoping to use portable dish and power it from battery used to take Skybox and inverter with no problems as far as La Rochelle.
One thing I am pleased about is it records radio programs which my Sky box didnt and also puts recordings into folders.On the whole I am pleased with decision,good job as Sky is turned off tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit puzzled, if it didn't accept a postcode it won't work at all :confused:

Can you watch 407 Fashion One ?

The cheapest Harmony remotes will control the box as will any of the remotes from earlier HD Humax models.

To autopad recordings change the on and off times from Auto in the Settings general menu to whatever you want.

This will apply to all recordings.

Don't see why it wouldn't work with an inverter just like the sky box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi and thanks for the reply.Yes it does work on 407 with good settings on both tuners,slightly better on 1 than 2

I thought from reading posts on here that without a valid postcode you got lots of regional variations which I have in the 950 onwards channels apparently but with no regional identifier BBC1 runs 950 -967,BBC2 968-971 and a couple of C4 channels.I will do a nother factory reset and try postcode again to confirm

I am sure it will work from an inverter but its wasted power running the inverter so my battery will last longer hopefully

Thanks for the remote info I'll check those out

Have tried the settings menu but cant see anything in settings menu to change to auto apart from the screen ratios,am in in the wrong settings?

Best wishes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi and thanks for the reply.Yes it does work on 407 with good settings on both tuners,slightly better on 1 than 2

I thought from reading posts on here that without a valid postcode you got lots of regional variations which I have in the 950 onwards channels apparently but with no regional identifier BBC1 runs 950 -967,BBC2 968-971 and a couple of C4 channels.I will do a nother factory reset and try postcode again to confirm

I am sure it will work from an inverter but its wasted power running the inverter so my battery will last longer hopefully

Thanks for the remote info I'll check those out

Have tried the settings menu but cant see anything in settings menu to change to auto apart from the screen ratios,am in in the wrong settings?

Best wishes

All freesat boxes have the BBC-Regions and Channel 4 regions at these channel numbers (and ITV1 London at 977). If you wish you can replace the local channels put there by your postcode at 101 and 102 by using customised channels.

I can't check the exact menu settings at the moment as my box is recording. You can't access the option whilst the box is recording.

950 BBC 1 London
    951 BBC 1 CI
    952 BBC 1 E Mids
    953 BBC 1 East (E)
    954 BBC 1 East (W)
    955 BBC 1 N West
    956 BBC 1 NE & C
    957 BBC 1 NI
    958 BBC 1 Oxford
    959 BBC 1 S East
    960 BBC 1 Scotland
    961 BBC 1 South
    962 BBC 1 S West
    963 BBC 1 W Mids
    964 BBC 1 Wales
    965 BBC 1 West
    966 BBC 1 Yorks
    967 BBC 1 EYrks&L
    968 BBC 2 England
    969 BBC 2 NI
    970 BBC 2 Scotland
    971 BBC 2 Wales
    974 Channel 4
    975 Channel 4 + 1
    977 ITV 1 London

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was recording as well now its finished I can see the record menu,all sorted.I'll have a look at the news see which region I have.Thanks for your advice on it,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I have had a few issues with the postcode on this unit. My issues were related to putting a space between the two parts of the postcode.

I can't remember if it needed the space or not though so you might need to try both if you haven't already!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grafton wrote: »
    I have had a few issues with the postcode on this unit. My issues were related to putting a space between the two parts of the postcode.

I can't remember if it needed the space or not though so you might need to try both if you haven't already!

You only need the first half.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    You only need the first half.
    ...But as I recall if you do enter the 2nd half you need a space.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to do reset tonight and try again but all does seem Ok.As I presume I'll lose the disc content I want to do it while little is saved.
    Best wishes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to do reset tonight and try again but all does seem Ok.As I presume I'll lose the disc content I want to do it while little is saved.
    Best wishes

You won't lose any recorded content, only the recording reservation list. No need for a reset to just change the postcode, just enter a new one from Freesat tune.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like to report did another factory reset and although again I got the message that postcode was not recognised,we have Anglia News on ITV and all seems well so thanks to all who posted,particularly grahamlthompson:)