Options

Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's a while since I did my maths O level, but surely, 600 people out of a population of over 60 million is not exactly proof of massive popularity, however many times the mantra of the 600 is repeated.
    I would have thought that if PA's "career" was going as well as some may like to think, the fact that only 600 people could be bothered to turn up to see him - or more likely, to see his children - points to him being very much in the "minority interest" category.

I think the fact it was an O level tells us how long ago it was hun ;)

I also think, as we've shown on this thread, it's possible to get a gathering of 600 people or more to some of the most random events known to man or beast. Good to know Petes popularity is on par with a village fayre, firework display, old building farewell or any of the other random gatherings that attracted 600 people or more recently
  • Options
    j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, there is - more people do not watch him than do, more people do not buy his music than do, more people do not buy his perfume than do, more people do not buy his "books" than do, and more people do not buy his other tat than do. Way more than 600 people did not queue to see him.

Easily provable.

I tip my hat your right
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you know WHO actually came up with the 600 we know CAN
    exaggerate and fib did they count passers by too... besides which what other star/personality lowers themselves to do the perfume shop rounds and box signings
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

I also think, as we've shown on this thread, it's possible to get a gathering of 600 people or more to some of the most random events known to man or beast. Good to know Petes popularity is on par with a village fayre, firework display, old building farewell or any of the other random gatherings that attracted 600 people or more recently

I had approx 550 people at my wedding (evening of course) does that mean I'm a major celeb:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know where in the scent rankings does PA smell come?,,,surely
    with the amount sold especially the 600 it must be high
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j0anne wrote: »
    exaggerate and fib did they count passers by too... besides which what other star/personality lowers themselves to do the perfume shop rounds and box signings

That fact that they need to tell us how many turned up is in itself rather funny. Almost as if it's to reinforce the idea that he's in demand. ;)
  • Options
    duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we've already had Andre 2000 of 'Hey Yahhh' fame.

Now cometh Andre 600 of perfume signing fame.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheeky mare!
    Don't forget the 600 poor Peruvians who chose to be rendered nauseous by a meteor strike rather than listen to PA's new album.( Well, something like that anyway).
    I had approx 550 people at my wedding (evening of course) does that mean I'm a major celeb:D

Ooh get you.;)

(I know it's OT, but has anyone else's DS just completely changed?:confused:)
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No Betty it means you know too many people:D

Off topic but I've just come on here and there is a new layout...but an annoying banner about sales today...aarrgghh...I have popup blocker :mad: on but this is in the middle of the page. Any clues anyone please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes. It's a Peter Andre 60MM Special. ;)

(not good, hope it's still at the testing stage and this is just the undercoat.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheeky mare!
    Don't forget the 600 poor Peruvians who chose to be rendered nauseous by a meteor strike rather than listen to PA's new album.( Well, something like that anyway).

Ooh get you.;)

(I know it's OT, but has anyone else's DS just completely changed?:confused:)[/QUOTE]

Quite literally betwixt posting!
    Bit grey, isn't it? :confused:
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheeky mare!

(I know it's OT, but has anyone else's DS just completely changed?:confused:)[/QUOTE]

It's flipping horrible.
    Although apparently, if 600 DSers like it, it means it's brilliant and we'll be stuck with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We could have our own PA theme tune

To the tune of Guantanamera

'600 people, there were 600 people
    600 people to see the dad of the year yeh'

Think it might catch on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's flipping horrible.
    Although apparently, if 600 DSers like it, it means it's brilliant and we'll be stuck with it.

Thems the rules AS - 600 thats the magic number :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We could have our own PA theme tune

To the tune of Guantanamera

'600 people, there were 600 people
    600 people to see the dad of the year yeh'

Think it might catch on?

Definitely. You just need to lay down some Pedah style beats behind it, and, Blondie, you got a little hit on your hands here.

In fact, it's loged in my head for the evening now, thank you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's flipping horrible.

Had a quick look at other forums and thankfully I think they'll struggle to find 6 people who like it let alone 600.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind if I bring some culture to the Andre table? This excerpt from Charge of the Light Brigade might be suitable...

"Half a league, half a league, half a league onward.
    Into the valley of perfume queued up the 600"
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    j0anne wrote: »

I think you could be onto something!
    lexi22 wrote: »
    That fact that they need to tell us how many turned up is in itself rather funny. Almost as if it's to reinforce the idea that he's in demand. ;)

Sadly we won't get to hear the narrator of his RTV tell us 600 times how popular Pete is:(
    Cheeky mare!

Ooh get you.;)

It's awful!!!

I also thought that, unfortunately I am of the O'level era:(

550 Betty?! That's nearly 500 more than I had at mine, you must've been a walking ball of stress in the lead up!:D

It is that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Yes. It's a Peter Andre 60MM Special. ;)

(not good, hope it's still at the testing stage and this is just the undercoat.)

It is even grayer than undercoat... I reloaded the page three times before I realised somebody had made it look like this on purpose. :confused: there is no go to the last post viewed triangle on mine either...

Did anybody see PA on Paul O'Grady wishing people a happy Christmas? Why use one adjective when you can use five :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is even grayer than undercoat... I reloaded the page three times before I realised somebody had made it look like this on purpose. :confused: there is no go to the last post viewed triangle on mine either...

Did anybody see PA on Paul O'Grady wishing people a happy Christmas? Why use one adjective when you can use five :rolleyes:

Was it 600 people he was wishing Happy Christmas to?
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's flipping horrible.

:D:D:D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    No Betty it means you know too many people:D

Off topic but I've just come on here and there is a new layout...but an annoying banner about sales today...aarrgghh...I have popup blocker :mad: on but this is in the middle of the page. Any clues anyone please

That Cazzz is exactly what my mum said ...my DS has changed and I'm not liking it either
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BEL
    That was during the evening and by then I couldn't care who was and wasn't there.. My husband ran a supporters club ..that's why there was so many there .... A great party though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it 600 people he was wishing Happy Christmas to?

Nope Paul O'Grady is a real star so gets quite a few viewers so we can't use that one... how about this?..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lqboehjtOg
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    BEL
    That was during the evening and by then I couldn't care who was and wasn't there.. My husband ran a supporters club ..that's why there was so many there .... A great party though

Ah right, got you!:D
This discussion has been closed.