Options

Advanced Warfare on the same PSN account at the same time

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
Forum Member
As the title states I have my 2 sons PS3 consoles linked on the same PSN account, they both want Advanced Warfare for Xmas, I am hoping that I can buy the digital version rather than 2 physical copies and install it on both consoles but I am wondering if they will have any problems if they both try to go online at the same time. I know they have done this on other games though. Anyone tried this?

Comments

• Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no expert but isn't account sharing against the t&c's and could result in a ban?
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, and you'll lose access to any digital purchases!

People have crazy ethics regarding purchasing games now a days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    How is it illegal? Both PS3's are on the SAME account, Sony allows you to have 2 devices registered. It works with Minecraft.
  • Options
    iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    " they both try to go online at the same time"

might cause the issue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should be able to install the game on both machines from one account but I'm not sure you could sign both in together. It might let you or not but you'd have to try that to find out, if it lets you then I don't think it would stop you playing the game.

Failing that do they have separate PSN accounts? You could install the game on one machine under the original account but then still play it on another account on that machine. My son has had a few of my games on his PS3 that way and it is not against any T&C's.
  • Options
    TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all takes via IP. I've never heard of anyone getting banned for account sharing in the same household.

If the IP was different on each console, then Sony would see this as an issue of account sharing.