i can't poo

Comments

• Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Seriously, get down the chemist and ask for some gentle laxative. A few spoonfuls of that and you will be right as rain.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prunes — that is what you need
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    If you've been bunged up for a week I suggest getting a laxative from your GP despite your reservations. The relief and sensation was mind-blowing when it worked after a few hours. You won't regret it.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A home made enema kit is probably the way to go. I think you just need a hot water bottle rigged up to some suitable tubing. Failing that, you could probably use a direct feed from the shower hose... although not if you have a power shower.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy, have you been yet or are you still stuck on the bog after trying all these remedies? :blush::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If prunes do not work, I can assure you that stuff they give you from the hospital will certainly work — http://fleetlabs.com/fleet_enema_products.php?panel=0 A good squirt of it up the anus wait a few minutes and constipation is history:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coffee should make you poo.
  • belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are still up and reading this , take a tablespoon full of olive oil in the morning before you eat anything. It'll soften things up and get your bowel working again.
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Coffee should make you poo.

works for me, has to be the proper stuff though, not instant, and the stronger the better
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinese takeaway.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    A home made enema kit is probably the way to go. I think you just need a hot water bottle rigged up to some suitable tubing. Failing that, you could probably use a direct feed from the shower hose... although not if you have a power shower.

I'm sorry but...I've been laughing at that for at least 2 minutes straight...shows my level of humour!! xD :kitty:
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    Billy, have you been yet or are you still stuck on the bog after trying all these remedies? :blush::D

He should take up smoking a Woodbine first thing in the morning, guaranteed Bowel Shower.
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    QI tonight mentioned sugar free gummy bears and the inestimable Mr. Fry read out the top customer review, Apocalypse Now, from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears-ounces/dp/B004PXRT4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416622725&sr=8-1&keywords=sugar+free+gummy+bears
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant help but as I entered thread I noticed the thread below it was titled "How Do I Stop", pity it wasnt started by the same person :D
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    oatmeal
    litre of water
    fruit
    strong coffee

wait an hour or 2

sound the toilet evacuation alarm
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun_Beam wrote: »
    I can vouch for Guinness in terms of it 'working' you, but it IS lovely stuff! Drank a pint and a bit on my weekend in Dublin
    A pint and a bit on a weekend in Dublin :o
    I had eight on my first night watching live Irish music/dancing in the hotel concert bar.
    The taste and texture is unique in Dublin.
    It goes down like milk and doesn't give (me) a hangover.
    Then I had two more days to go in search of it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After all those ideas for moving the bowels I wonder if they worked for Billy_Value and if he tried them all together he could, as a result, now be on the loo evacuating a week's worth of poo into the ever filling lavatory pan and has therefore not got the time to post the results. More to come soon perhaps:D
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Billy is being uncharacteristically quiet...I hope he's ok!!! 😱
  • Red WhineRed Whine Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Red wine does it for me

Leave me out of this please, I don't know you or the OP :blush::blush::blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    grapes, water, cereal and coffee

and apples :p poor Billy..hope you go soon :D
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    strong coffee first thing in the morning and sit on the loo with your feet up on something a bit.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    chinese takeaway.

For maximum effect I'd make it an all you can eat buffet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting worrying now as there has been no word from Billy, maybe the problem has turned into huge haemorrhoidal problem with the strain.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He needs biffos colonic irrigation kit :D
  • Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find exercise, such as strenuous running, helps the gut flow. Drink loads of water and eat more roughage (fruit and veg). Is it a painful constipation, or more simply an irregular bowel movement? If the former, a visit to your GP may be in order.