The Ratings Thread (Part 62)

Comments

• jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV were fined for animal cruelty by an ex-jailbird contestant, D'Acampo:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29984402

That wasn't cruelty from the production team. The celebrity took it upon themselves to kill a rat. Nice try though.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV were fined for animal cruelty by an ex-jailbird contestant, D'Acampo:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29984402

Yeah and that for me was wrong and thankfully ITV admitted responsibility and were fined. Should make them think more carefully next time.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    That wasn't cruelty from the production team. The celebrity took it upon themselves to kill a rat. Nice try though.
    Did I mention the production team in my post?

Being as you mentioned the production team though, it appears they didn't intervene to stop the killing, and I note ITV admitted responsibility.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looking t those Xmas ratings (thanks cylon and Hassan) ITV ave really dropped a bollock this year. Letting SB mess around with their top performer, on the day will result in complete catastrophe. I wouldn't be surprised to see Corrie below 7m tbh. It deserves it and so do ITV for putting faith in SB of all people.

If Corrie was doing well this year ITV might have had a good Christmas. Potentially with BOAF in the schedule and with EE weaker they could have taken advantage and really built up a good schedule.

Also getting the rights to some Disney titles and spread them throughout the festive season would set them up well. Santa Clause: The Movie does well for them, but its a very good festive film.

You notice last year BBC1 dropped a bollock with EE, but MBB picked up the baton. ITV have no such show to do that.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looking t those Xmas ratings (thanks cylon and Hassan) ITV ave really dropped a bollock this year. Letting SB mess around with their top performer, on the day will result in complete catastrophe. I wouldn't be surprised to see Corrie below 7m tbh. It deserves it and so do ITV for putting faith in SB of all people.

If Corrie was doing well this year ITV might have had a good Christmas. Potentially with BOAF in the schedule and with EE weaker they could have taken advantage and really built up a good schedule.

Also getting the rights to some Disney titles and spread them throughout the festive season would set them up well. Santa Clause: The Movie does well for them, but its a very good festive film.

You notice last year BBC1 dropped a bollock with EE, but MBB picked up the baton. ITV have no such show to do that.

The weakest part of Christmas Day potentially for BBC1 and ITV could be the soaps. With ITV if they do Corrie/Birds/Downton or Birds/Corrie/Downton that could work.

BBC1 will have Miranda and Mrs Brown's Boys opposite the first hour of Downton I reckon. They could be slightly longer than half an hour though.
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    The weakest part of Christmas Day potentially for BBC1 and ITV could be the soaps. With ITV if they do Corrie/Birds/Downton or Birds/Corrie/Downton that could work.

BBC1 will have Miranda and Mrs Brown's Boys opposite the first hour of Downton I reckon. They could be slightly longer than half an hour though.

I think Birds will go out on Boxing Day along the lines of

Emmerdale
    Corrie
    Birds of a Feather
    Skyfall

I only mention the bond film because I am sure someone on this thread said that ITV could be showing it this year, and due to it's length it would be difficult to schedule on a normal evening.

It could just be a normal Friday for ITV with that Schedule assuming that Eastenders goes out in its regular 8pm slot on the Friday, which would be up against Birds of a Feather.
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Markynotts wrote: »
    I think Birds will go out on Boxing Day along the lines of

Emmerdale
    Corrie
    Birds of a Feather
    Skyfall

I only mention the bond film because I am sure someone on this thread said that ITV could be showing it this year, and due to it's length it would be difficult to schedule on a normal evening.

It could just be a normal Friday for ITV with that Schedule assuming that Eastenders goes out in its regular 8pm slot on the Friday, which would be up against Birds of a Feather.

I agree that BOAF would probably be best away from Xmas Day but the temptation to at least try to replicate the comedy success on BBC might prove too much.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Some of those old Xmas ratings are very interesting, it seems like ratings have really nosedived particularly in the last couple of years , people must be more savvy with the choice on offer these days, I was one of the ones watching home alone at primetime on channel 4 last year which got a good rating
    Some of the old schedules seem to vary year on year a lot more than they do now on bbc1 and itv, for 8 years in a row bbc1 will be showing an hour of ee, scd and Dr who which is already 3 hours of the schedule, stick a comedy in there and there done, it's mad to think they devoted pretty much their entire early evening schedule to titanic in 1999
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah and that for me was wrong and thankfully ITV admitted responsibility and were fined. Should make them think more carefully next time.

Imagine if Bear Grylls would be in there, would he not be allowed to do what he usually does? The camp would never ever go hungry because he grabs anything and cooks it. That's probably why they would never sign him up... the other reason would be, why would they sign him up? Nothing would faze him and he'd make the IAC process and experience look like a piece of cake.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to today's Sun Skyfall will be on ITV but it doesn't look like Christmas Day; Sky Movies will have Frozen and The Lego Movie.There will be specials from Paul O'Grady (ITV),Top Gear (the one in Argentina), and Harry Hill stars in The Incredible Adventures of Professor Branestawm, on BBC.
    The SCD Special on Christmas Day will have Bruce,Chris Hollins, Russell Grant, Lisa Riley,Louis Smith , Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Rachel Stevens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    According to today's Sun Skyfall will be on ITV but it doesn't look like Christmas Day; Sky Movies will have Frozen and The Lego Movie.There will be specials from Paul O'Grady (ITV),Top Gear (the one in Argentina), and Harry Hill stars in The Incredible Adventures of Professor Branestawm, on BBC.
    The SCD Special on Christmas Day will have Bruce,Chris Hollins, Russell Grant, Lisa Riley,Louis Smith , Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Rachel Stevens.

Skyfall would never be on Christmas Day. It can't fit with Downton there in the evening. We still don't know what movies are on apart from Skyfall.

There are several things on BBC2 that I want to see That Day We Sang, Top Gear and The Wrong Mans.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #ImACeIebrity was yesterday's most watched with 8.16m/36.5%. On BBC1, #HIGNFY drew 3.77m/16.1% and #NotGoingOut averaged 3.14m/13.7%.

Looks like Gogglebox dented I'm A Celebrity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    #ImACeIebrity was yesterday's most watched with 8.16m/36.5%. On BBC1, #HIGNFY drew 3.77m/16.1% and #NotGoingOut averaged 3.14m/13.7%.

And it being Friday and perhaps Have I Got News For You as well.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happens when you put a good comedy up against Corrie?

The One Show: 4.04m (20.9%)
    Still Open All Hours: 3.74m (18.2%)
    EastEnders: 6.49m (30.1%)
    Citizen Khan: 2.78m (12.7%)
    The Graham Norton Show: 3.31m (24.1%)
  • Ben_PainterBen_Painter Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Is that a good rating for Still Open All Hours since I'm assuming it was a repeat of the previous special?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »

If Still Open All Hours doesn't have a Christmas special BBC1 have shot themselves in the foot. That series is going to be so popular next year.
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Skyfall would never be on Christmas Day. It can't fit with Downton there in the evening. We still don't know what movies are on apart from Skyfall.

There are several things on BBC2 that I want to see That Day We Sang, Top Gear and The Wrong Mans.

Xmas Day on the BBC1/ITV will be the same as usual. BBC have Miranda as a bonus this year but ITV will be the same as last year. It would be nice to see them shake things up a bit - maybe next year if the soaps continue down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »

That's pretty poor for IAC, despite being 90minutes. It should consolidate well but I think Gogglbox took the stuffing out o it.
    Forum Member
    Is that a good rating for Still Open All Hours since I'm assuming it was a repeat of the previous special?

Yes it was a repeat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DMN do you have any consolidated ratings for Citizen Khan?
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    For me, it has Christmas Day written all over it.

Shops are closed Christmas Day heh:p:p
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »

That is a great rating for SOAH. The first time it's been shown since it's first airing I believe?

Stick it in an EastEnders sandwich on Christmas Day and it'll get a nice high rating :)
    Forum Member
    That's pretty poor for IAC, despite being 90minutes. It should consolidate well but I think Gogglbox took the stuffing out o it.

Not sure its down to Gogglebox. IAC has had 5m oppostion earlier in the week and rated better. More like less people watching tv last night as normal for Fridays.
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Shops are closed Christmas Day heh:p:p

I bet Arkwright didnt close on Xmas Day !! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Xmas Day on the BBC1/ITV will be the same as usual. BBC have Miranda as a bonus this year but ITV will be the same as last year. It would be nice to see them shake things up a bit - maybe next year if the soaps continue down.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Birds Of A Feather on Christmas Day.
This discussion has been closed.