OK your not happy emily is still in over better skaters

TARTY-TARATARTY-TARA Posts: 2,725
Forum Member
✭✭✭
But like it or not people are Not going to vote on people they dont like..i cant stand lee and i am glad he has gone..know way on this earth would i vote for lee..so emily has a big fan base there is nothing any one can do about it..i want kyran to win..but if emily wins over him..it would be a sham but emily is popula..i'm sorry but it is a popularity contest as much as a skating comp..its a sad fact but true...
I dont care who you are your always going to vote your fave..as in celeb fame acedemy the lines are open now before they have sung..sad but true.

Comments

• slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    TARTY-TARA wrote:
    But like it or not people are Not going to vote on people they dont like..i cant stand lee and i am glad he has gone..know way on this earth would i vote for lee..so emily has a big fan base there is nothing any one can do about it..i want kyran to win..but if emily wins over him..it would be a sham but emily is popula..i'm sorry but it is a popularity contest as much as a skating comp..its a sad fact but true...
    I dont care who you are your always going to vote your fave..as in celeb fame acedemy the lines are open now before they have sung..sad but true.
    Why call it DOI if its a popularity contest
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member

what a good point :D :mad: .
  • mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    its called Dancing on Ice not 'Best Dancer on Ice' so it doesn't fall under the trade descriptions act :D
  • TARTY-TARATARTY-TARA Posts: 2,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because it is..nobody is going to vote on people they dont like ..it doesnt matter how good you think the skater is..hasnt emily staying in proved this point..like it or not this is the what happens in these shows.
  • floraandfaunafloraandfauna Posts: 8,520
    Forum Member
    TARTY-TARA wrote:
    because it is..nobody is going to vote on people they dont like ..it doesnt matter how good you think the skater is..hasnt emily staying in proved this point..like it or not this is the what happens in these shows.
    I have to agree, if it came down to Lisa or Emily I wouldn't vote, because although I think Lisa is a better skater I don't like her, but I do like Emily, and I don't think I could vote for Lisa to win. On the other hand I couldn't vote for Emily as I don't think she's good enough. I know Lisa's gone I'm just using it as an example :)

Luckily my favourite is still there :D
    Forum Member
    TARTY-TARA wrote:
    so why not call it

WHO IS THE WORST SKATER BUT NEVER MIND VOTE FOR THEM IF YOU THINK THEY ARE NICE :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    mmcd wrote:
    its called Dancing on Ice not 'Best Dancer on Ice' so it doesn't fall under the trade descriptions act :D
    Lucky for Emily then ;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't voted as yet, but am greatly tempted to vote for Emily next time round. Why so much hate towards her? YOU wouldn't like it if total strangers were slagging you off on a message board, especially if your only 'crime' was to find ice dancing a bit more difficult than some. Emily is not a foul-mouthed racist like a certain "celebrity" and doesn't deserve all the nastiness towards her. Please cut her some slack.
    Forum Member
    cute chick wrote:
    I haven't voted as yet, but am greatly tempted to vote for Emily next time round. Why so much hate towards her? YOU wouldn't like it if total strangers were slagging you off on a message board, especially if your only 'crime' was to find ice dancing a bit more difficult than some. Emily is not a foul-mouthed racist like a certain "celebrity" and doesn't deserve all the nastiness towards her. Please cut her some slack.
    I know the feeling :)

I don't think she should be there but she hasn't done anything wrong to deserve the nasty comments :( , I'm disappointed she's still there but it isn't her fault :eek:

I'm starting to feel a backlash towards Kyran too on this forum tonight, but I think that's because he seems to be the judges favourite along with Claire, who I don't think deserves that favouritism :rolleyes:
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cute chick wrote:

It's not hate - more despair. What's the point of anyone doing anything well in any of these shows if they are going to be beaten by the likes of Gaynor and Emily? Emily may well be a lovely person, but she can't skate very well and it's a skating competition. If you want to talk about people hating people for no good reason you should check out the posts about Lisa who appears to be disliked because she 's so "desperate" or just because people can't "warm" to her.
    Forum Member
    It's not hate - more despair. What's the point of anyone doing anything well in any of these shows if they are going to be beaten by the likes of Gaynor and Emily? Emily may well be a lovely person, but she can't skate very well and it's a skating competition. If you want to talk about people hating people for no good reason you should check out the posts about Lisa who appears to be disliked because she 's so "desperate" or just because people can't "warm" to her.
    That's true to a point yes, but I thought Lisa looked good in her routines (although I don't like her) but she didn't do much skating, none of the women do, they all seem to do more off the ice than on!!!

To me, none of the women are really any better than the other unless they actually skate for more than 5 seconds in one go :rolleyes:

The male celebs are flooring the females this year ;)
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    That's true to a point yes, but I thought Lisa looked good in her routines (although I don't like her) but she didn't do much skating, none of the women do, they all seem to do more off the ice than on!!!

To me, none of the women are really any better than the other unless they actually skate for more than 5 seconds in one go :rolleyes:

The male celebs are flooring the females this year ;)

If that's the case, I'd love to watch Emily do that routine with the chair that Clare did on Saturday. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should we take anyone seriously who can't distinguish between your and you're?
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cami_27 wrote:
    Should we take anyone seriously who can't distinguish between your and you're?

If you don't have an argument there's little point in falling back on grammar errors - we all make mistakes now and again :rolleyes:

The OP is right whether people like it or not. There is an element of personality to these shows and the people complaining are as much affected by this as anyone else. Many of these are the same people who were banging on about how 'desperate' Lisa was, the same ones who say Kyran being a 'cheeky chappy' is now irritating.

People keep saying that want to see more behind the scenes stuff, more interviews etc....Well the more you have of that, the more personality plays a factor.

The only way to stop that happening is to make sure we see nothing of training, no interviews and no behind the scenes footage. Then you might have a chance of it being only about the skating.

As it stands, it's a fact of these types of shows that votes is an equation of popularity and talent. Emily is no where near as bad as some people on here are making out. She can skate and perform just as well as Lee or Duncan if she does her best. She's fairly good but she's not amazing, and that's the same category I would put the two boys in, especially Lee.

I wouldn't vote for her because her routines aren't my favourite but people staying in more on personality than talent is a fact of life on these shows. Thing is, the talent has usually won out in the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People will always vote for who they like and not for how well they have skated. It's a bit of a farce but that is human nature. I'm not a 'fan' of any of them but IMO Claire is way above everybody else so she got my vote yesterday
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh look its tara the lee basher

who will she pick on next week because she" doesnt like them"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote:
    If you don't have an argument there's little point in falling back on grammar errors - we all make mistakes now and again :rolleyes:

I never said I don't have an argument. It's just that such BASIC mistakes, diminish the point the OP is trying to make.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    gabbyevs wrote:

Interesting :rolleyes: .
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote:

The OP is right whether people like it or not. There is an element of personality to these shows and the people complaining are as much affected by this as anyone else. Many of these are the same people who were banging on about how 'desperate' Lisa was, the same ones who say Kyran being a 'cheeky chappy' is now irritating.

People keep saying that want to see more behind the scenes stuff, more interviews etc....Well the more you have of that, the more personality plays a factor.

The only way to stop that happening is to make sure we see nothing of training, no interviews and no behind the scenes footage. Then you might have a chance of it being only about the skating.

As it stands, it's a fact of these types of shows that votes is an equation of popularity and talent. Emily is no where near as bad as some people on here are making out. She can skate and perform just as well as Lee or Duncan if she does her best. She's fairly good but she's not amazing, and that's the same category I would put the two boys in, especially Lee.

I wouldn't vote for her because her routines aren't my favourite but people staying in more on personality than talent is a fact of life on these shows. Thing is, the talent has usually won out in the end.

While I agree with some things you've said, Emily is no where near as good as Lee and Duncan. At least they can skate on their own effortlessly.

Emily has tried TWICE to skate without Daniel, both times she has messed up which just proves all she is good at is being pushed and lifted around.
  • TARTY-TARATARTY-TARA Posts: 2,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gabbyevs wrote:

OO so bitter..to be honest i like all of them who are there now..i want kyran to win..but i dont disike any of them who are left sorry... :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vote is supposed to be about the skating not a damn popularity show...and Emily ....why is she popular she is just one more ditzy blonde from some old soaps. GBP voting for losers is really sickening.She is,outside of Gateley, the worst skater there.
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im not bitter lee wasnt my favourite
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewing wrote:
    Vote is supposed to be about the skating not a damn popularity show...and Emily ....why is she popular she is just one more ditzy blonde from some old soaps. GBP voting for losers is really sickening.She is,outside of Gateley, the worst skater there.

Unfortunately Soaps and Soapstars are put on such a pedestal in the UK - for some unknown reason.

Half the people voting for Emily are voting for her character anyway :rolleyes:.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TARTY-TARA wrote:
    lines are not open before they have performed. Have you not heard Phillip. He keeps saying you can vote for "celebrity" when the lines open at the end of the show It's only rubbish BBC reality shows that allow you to vote during the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethereal wrote:
    While I agree with some things you've said, Emily is no where near as good as Lee and Duncan. At least they can skate on their own effortlessly.

Emily has tried TWICE to skate without Daniel, both times she has messed up which just proves all she is good at is being pushed and lifted around.
    The thing is Dan is doing the same with Emily as he did with Gaynor. The same lifts and such. Last year it was samey but this year is worse cause it is samey with a less able partner.