Options

Official LOST Season 6 thread - US pace *NO SPOILERS*

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, just wow what an episode. So many questions to be answered. The alternate timeline is interesting especially since we got to see Claire again but I want to see her on the island.

I thought the whole thing with Shannon was that Boone said he went to Australia so rescue his sister but she didn't need rescuing? hence the seat in the middle of Boone and Locke was a randomer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can anyone help me!!!!! where can i download lost my normal site i use has gone!!! ive googled it but nothing!!! please somone pm me with a site pllllllllleeeeeeaaaaasssseeee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    rodenboyrodenboy Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tommyd1258 wrote: »
    They were married before her affair I thought. :confused:

Wow - what an opening. It's going to be one hell of a job to explain this to my mates :eek:

Highlight of the episode - smokey :D

No apparently in the alternative timeline they aren't married but i never noticed a lack of wedding ring or anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leanne5058 wrote: »
    can anyone help me!!!!! where can i download lost my normal site i use has gone!!! ive googled it but nothing!!! please somone pm me with a site pllllllllleeeeeeaaaaasssseeee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

give me two mins and i will PM you x
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To whoever asked, we know Sun isn't married in the new timeline because the security guard at LAX called her Miss Paik. :)
    kegsie wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to find out how Juliette knew it had worked.

I presume we'll have an episode with her jumping between parallels at some point.

Bingo. Just like Des experienced large doses of EM when he turned the failsafe and started jumping backwards in time, I think Juliet jumped to the new timeline before she died. What's the betting she and Sawyer go dutch on some coffee there? ;)
  • Options
    cassiopeacassiopea Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, just wow what an episode. So many questions to be answered. The alternate timeline is interesting especially since we got to see Claire again but I want to see her on the island.

I thought the whole thing with Shannon was that Boone said he went to Australia so rescue his sister but she didn't need rescuing? hence the seat in the middle of Boone and Locke was a randomer?
    Quite right, but the problem is that it is quite a different backstory from the backstory we have been shown in series 1-5. Why would Jack/Faraday's plan to reset things have changed Shannon and Boone's past?
  • Options
    lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth did Kate end up in a tree!
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can someone tell me what happened at the end of ep.2 , it cut off just as the Others were beating up Jack .
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can someone tell me what happened at the end of ep.2 , it cut off just as the Others were beating up Jack .

Sayid rose from the dead
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few random thoughts of mine i've been thinking up throughout the day!

I feel like they criminally underused Yunjin Kim and Emile De Ravin once again. Consdering we've had two hours (80 mins) of this series already, i kinda expected Claire's vanishing story to be answered by now, or at least referenced in a major way. In 2007 Sun said about five words. Ridiculous.

I loved that the original Losties were including Miles in ways they probably wouldnt have before, he was the second person on the island to be shown which i think was risky considering everyone else they had to show, but it paid off. I'm not a massive Miles fan but i really enjoyed him this episode.

I loved Juliet in this episode as well, and i will really miss her in the rest of the series (even though she is bound to come back at some point.) She brought out a new side to Sawyer which was good, but i hope he doesn't revert massively back to type - a happy medium would be good.

I do have other opinions on other things but its pretty much what has already been discussed :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cassiopea wrote: »
    Quite right, but the problem is that it is quite a different backstory from the backstory we have been shown in series 1-5. Why would Jack/Faraday's plan to reset things have changed Shannon and Boone's past?

True, I really think Maggie Grace should of came back Ian, Dom and Elizabeth are all starring in other shows that have similar filming schedules yet managed to return to the show. Hopefully she appears further down the line, maybe even talking to Hurley.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rodenboy wrote: »
    A few random thoughts of mine i've been thinking up throughout the day!

I feel like they criminally underused Yunjin Kim and Emile De Ravin once again. Consdering we've had two hours (80 mins) of this series already, i kinda expected Claire's vanishing story to be answered by now, or at least referenced in a major way. In 2007 Sun said about five words. Ridiculous.

Those dissapointments are the consequence of your expectations. There's a life lesson in there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rodenboy wrote: »

We've had two hours out of nineteen, where there were far more pressing matters to deal with in the aftermath of the finale... Impatient much?
  • Options
    SeventeenSeventeen Posts: 435
    Forum Member

Because the island was destroyed in the 70's any number of things could change effecting any number of people. The ripple effect would be huge, certain people who would be dead are alive and vice versa and simply thousands of smaller changes that lead to big things would be totally different. 30 years of history was changed by detonating the bomb.
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did Hurley get his winning lottery numbers this time round?

Last time they came from Leonard listening to the transmission from the Island didn't they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That pull away shot from the plane to the sunken Island was up their with the greatest openings to any Lost episodes. Seems my highlights of the episodes were pretty much the same as everybody elses , Flocke rocked as smokey and was pant crappingly angry in beating the hell out of Richard. I like Alpert as a character but he's insufferably smug at times , even with that permanently confused look on his face and has always been in need of a good slap:D;) Although maybe not deserved with that ferocity. He may be 20+years older than me but I wouldn't want to make Terry O Quinn angry! We'll really see what an excellent actor he is again during this last season IMHO.
    I enjoyed all the alt timeline co-incidental chats and meetings between the characters on the plane and at LAX but some of them bordered on the slapstick. Seeing Jack and Locke get on so well was a bit uncomfortable to watch. Then Kate hijacking the taxi that Claire was in , good old Lost , full of co-incidences:D
    I'm wondering if they've teased us already with the ultimate ending by showing the sunken island. Will the Losties have to ultimately drown themselves and the island to have a future in the real world that we already saw glimpses of with the alt timeline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    How did Hurley get his winning lottery numbers this time round?

Last time they came from Leonard listening to the transmission from the Island didn't they?

Not sure but I thought him and Sun looked the most similar to how they did five years ago in the pilot. Sawyer looked like a bloke trying to recapture his style from five years ago and I wonder if Jack not being near electric hair trimmers for the short hair look will have an effect;)

Any idea if Rose still has Cancer in the alt timeline:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of non spoiler news from the dark UFO site but the season finale premier has been confirmed for
    Sunday May 23rd
    http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/02/lostseries-finale-confirmed-for-sunday.html
    Will be a one week break earlier in May by the sounds of it.
  • Options
    LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that didn't answer anything we didn't already know.

They better friggin answer all these questions
  • Options
    SoapsRmeSoapsRme Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aaaaarggh! Tearing my hair out here. I managed to d/l Episode 1 but nobody seems to have put up episode 2 on its own - just the whole thing!! I got ep 1 really quickly and now ep 1 and 2 combined is sooooooooooo sloooooooow. I won't get it til tomorrow :mad:

If anyone has a link to where I can get Ep 2 on it's own I'd be grateful. Thanks.

As for what we've seen (Ep 1) I am still confused. They're on the plane, they're on the Island too. And somebody please tell me how Juliet was still in one piece after detonating the bomb? On second thoughts, no don't worry - that's the least of my confusion. If we're believing in smoke monsters and time travel I guess that's a minor detail.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LARulz wrote: »

They won't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gumshoe wrote: »
    They won't.

It all about the journey and not the destination like much in life. No doubt some folk will moan about the ending as is their right. It'll look silly when people start forgetting the hours of enjoyment and subsequent analysis the show will have given them. As opposed to getting irrationally angry about being let down by the end of a tv show. Such is life online as fan , not that I'd change it for a minute:)
  • Options
    Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    Loved the two eps, just feel gutted about Juliet :(

At the end of S5 I felt really down after the finale having thought that was the end of her.

She just had such a tragic life, never acknowledged, manipulated by Ben, she finally cures her sister of cancer but then nevergets to see her again, has the man she loves murdered (Goodwin), is trying to help the Losties then gets treated like **** by them, finally appears to have some happiness in her life with Sawyer but then fears losing him and then dies :(

When I heard her voice I was literally ecstatic I thought she'd survived.
    But no they have to do her death all over again. Its going to be days before I feel happy again :(
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's changed all their pasts, well kind of, its changed their pasts by opening up an alternate timeline.

In this timeline Shannon stays with her boyfriend in Australia. Desmond doesn't go to the island. Hurley is now lucky and owns Mr Clucks. Kate escapes from the marshall at the airport. Locke goes on the walkabout (think he was telling the truth this time, he seemed much more confident and like the wise Locke of the island, this is evident in his talk with Jack at the airport). Jin and Sun aren't married. Rose wasn't wearing Bernard's wedding ring on her necklace and so on.

Blowing up the hydrogen bomb has created an alternate timeline where the Losties lives are different, but beyond that, it will have also altered events throughout the world - for example the island was submerged. It's changed more than just things relating to the Losties, and that was something Jack and Faraday didn't take in to consideration.
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LARulz wrote: »

We got to see the results of blowing up the H-bomb. We got to see the Temple. We found out what was in Hurley's guitar case. We got confirmation that the MiB is the Smoke Monster.

And besides all that, we got two very entertaining hours of television.

If you just want answers and nothing more you should probably have given up a long time ago.