Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Robert and Chrissie have been heavily involved in multiple stories and are the rare exceptions to characters sticking to their own storyline box and this is possibly because they're new and needed the exposure to be accepted by the audience and integrated into the show. That's my take on it really.
  • Binky321Binky321 Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'Robert proves he’s not to be messed with' spoiler makes me wonder what he's going to do now! Nothing too psychotic I hope.
  • andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Robert and Chrissie have been heavily involved in multiple stories and are the rare exceptions to characters sticking to their own storyline box and this is possibly because they're new and needed the exposure to be accepted by the audience and integrated into the show. That's my take on it really.

I think they are settled now though and it's still happening really.

I don't have a problem with Robert keeping on having all these stories it's just i wish that Aaron was also given significant stuff to do as well.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    andy614 wrote: »
    I think they are settled now though and it's still happening really.

I don't have a problem with Robert keeping on having all these stories it's just i wish that Aaron was also given significant stuff to do as well.

It's only just been six months and while I agree they're settled now I think they needed it.

Unfortunately for Aaron right now there isn't anyone he's close to that has a big story that he can be a supporting piece in. I mean I do get the frustration but he has been on screen a lot still. He's one of the main players in the show even if it's been quieter of late.
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Binky321 wrote: »
    The 'Robert proves he’s not to be messed with' spoiler makes me wonder what he's going to do now! Nothing too psychotic I hope.

Well that's part of the Monday episode and Adam and Vic have gone off regardless of what happens so it's clearly not serious. He'll just give Adam a beating, violence isn't usually his thing but he's more than capable.
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    It's only just been six months and while I agree they're settled now I think they needed it.

Unfortunately for Aaron right now there isn't anyone he's close to that has a big story that he can be a supporting piece in. I mean I do get the frustration but he has been on screen a lot still. He's one of the main players in the show even if it's been quieter of late.

I'm not sure they are settled tbh. The White's are struggling to integrate in the village and they only get so much involvement because of Robert and his family.

For all Chrissie's appearances this year she's made no friends, has made no effort with Robert's family and how many will have any sympathy for her in the village when the affair is revealed?

As for Robert's extra appearances over Aaron well look how much crime Robert has had to do for those appearances, doesn't take a genius to figure he'll have to face the consequences eventually while Aaron will be fine whatever as he's not deemed a villain.
  • Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    Well that's part of the Monday episode and Adam and Vic have gone off regardless of what happens so it's clearly not serious. He'll just give Adam a beating, violence isn't usually his thing but he's more than capable.

I'm not sure they are settled tbh. The White's are struggling to integrate in the village and they only get so much involvement because of Robert and his family.

For all Chrissie's appearances this year she's made no friends, has made no effort with Robert's family and how many will have any sympathy for her in the village when the affair is revealed?

As for Robert's extra appearances over Aaron well look how much crime Robert has had to do for those appearances, doesn't take a genius to figure he'll have to face the consequences eventually while Aaron will be fine whatever as he's not deemed a villain.

I am selfish i don't want for Robert to face conséquences.:D;-)
  • Alanna_HousdenAlanna_Housden Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm with you! :D I love him too much to see him get his comeuppance even though he deserves it. I'd rather see him get away with everything! :blush:

Damn you Ryan Hawley! Always making me feel sorry for Robert and want to give him a hug even when he's being an asshole! :D
  • IslablueIslablue Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you! :D I love him too much to see him get his comeuppance even though he deserves it. I'd rather see him get away with everything! :blush:

Damn you Ryan Hawley! Always making me feel sorry for Robert and want to give him a hug even when he's being an asshole! :D

I agree...I don't want him to be punished either...well perhaps a little...by Aaron ;-)
    I'm trying to remain positive and hope for a good Robron outcome. If the writers need to make him pay for his crimes than fair enough but please, please don't kill him off! If only because I need to see more of Ryan and that tiny dog parading our streets! ;-)
  • kalisperakalispera Posts: 498
    Forum Member

Totally agree. I want to see him genuinely sorry for the things he's done, and I need to see a bit of humility, like when he was drunk, but nothing else. I think Aaron's current attitude might make him see sense eventually.

The main reason I don't want to see him get his comeuppance is I don't want to lose him, whether it's by being killed off or going to prison. No. no. NO! He's not evil, just damaged and bitter and he's got in with a bad crowd. (ie - the Whites!) :p

Plenty of people are still living happily in the village without ever having had their comeuppance (Eric, Adam, Cain etc ... ) so let's hope Robert can too. :blush:
  • LmackLmack Posts: 14,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not sure Robert will get his comeuppance any time soon.He has done plenty but like a few others have said so have a few of the villagers.He may have to face something but not necessarily going to prison etc.I guess we will see though.I think we might see some sort of guilt for things he has done but it will only ever be some-they won't turn him into a different person even if he is with Aaron.His basic character will remain I think
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping Robert and Aaron are the ones to bring Vic back to the village after Harriet has found her and Adam. Not sure how happy Robert will be with Adam though but if Aaron is there at least he'll behave himself. It does seem to fit in as well with that instagram picture, maybe Robert goes to see Aaron to tell him he knows where Vic and Adam are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping Robert and Aaron are the ones to bring Vic back to the village after Harriet has found her and Adam. Not sure how happy Robert will be with Adam though but if Aaron is there at least he'll behave himself. It does seem to fit in as well with that instagram picture, maybe Robert goes to see Aaron to tell him he knows where Vic and Adam are.

Yeah that would be good.I think this storyline is what will bring them back together eventually.It will force them to interact initially,albeit on differing sides etc.But maybe the way it plays out,and if they do bring Adam and Vic back,then it may prompt the next part of their story with Robert seriously considering what he wants
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thinking after seeing Aaron at the garage again-I miss him working there and would much prefer it if he came back.Im not keen on the scrapyard stuff and him working with Adam.I like the dynamic with him and Cain,Debbie and Ross much better.And there's something about him in those overalls ...... :-)
  • BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so bored as I am home alone that I out-of-my-mind made me some chocolate chip cookies and some Russian fudge not know the consequences of the outcome of me going oh I need to eat this (I will take some fudge to school in the morning) ;);):D:D:p:cool:
    :blush:
    I also have watch the whole Robron story from the start and started on some mcdean and chryed and other storylines ;) also been watching some clips of WLIIA ;)
    Forum Member
    I agree about Aaron working at the garage. I much prefer it. The whole scrap yard thing hasn't really worked for me. Part of me wishes Robert was successful in sabotaging it cus of Adam so Aaron had to go back to being a dirty little grease monkey! ;)

The only thing good about the scrap yard is that it's probably enabled easier Robron interaction there than might be possible at the garage but even the interaction they had at the garage was better cus it was just a better setting, as in.... Robron day car sex (or whatever they got up to)...
  • BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    I agree about Aaron working at the garage. I much prefer it. The whole scrap yard thing hasn't really worked for me. Part of me wishes Robert was successful in sabotaging it cus of Adam so Aaron had to go back to being a dirty little grease monkey! ;)

The only thing good about the scrap yard is that it's probably enabled easier Robron interaction there than might be possible at the garage but even the interaction they had at the garage was better cus it was just a better setting, as in.... Robron day car sex (or whatever they got up to)...

I do like Aaron in the garage too :)
  • hypergreenfroghypergreenfrog Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very rare poster (avid follower of the thread though), but today I felt like joining in.

I don't think Robert will face the consequences of killing Katie for a long time. Andy and Chas would never forgive him, so it's hard to imagine him staying in the village after it all comes out, and considering Robert's popularity among viewers, I am sure the writers want to keep him for a while.
    Maybe it will be used as an eventual exit story line further down the road?

Regarding Aaron's screen presence, from a story-telling point of view, I think it's actually a good thing that he is not involved as much at the moment.
    He only came back in August, and has already been to prison/court, ran an illegal chop shop, robbed HF, started his own business, had an affair, fell in love, helped cover up a murder/death, had an accident and almost died, bottled his mother's boyfriend... not to mention all the drama going on in his family all the time. He needs some time away from the action, to live his life.
  • Binky321Binky321 Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind the end to the scrap yard thing, Adam takes him for granted and treats him badly until he needs Aaron to sort his messes. Although I'm still wanting to see Aaron and that rottweiler Scrappy interact, I'm sure I saw on twitter the dog had been back filming a few scenes so maybe we might... anyway Aaron's better suited to the garage. I miss his regular interactions with Cain/Debbie/Ross that the garage brought together.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I agree RE: the scrapyard. Maybe the Whites will destroy it or ruin the business when the affair comes out. Although I do still wonder if maybe Robert goes through with shutting the scrap yard when Adam/Vic leave, but we'll see.
    Forum Member
    Never mind :p
    Forum Member
    I do love Ross and Finn brothers relashionship:blush:

But Debbie I don't like her at all. Ross could do better IMO.:D;-)
    Forum Member
    welcome hypergreenfrog :)
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I find it kinda funny.. the Emmerdale instagram has posted a pic of Chris/Gaynor/Roxy... yet the Chrobron triangle they left Louise out of it :p
    Forum Member
    I find it kinda funny.. the Emmerdale instagram has posted a pic of Chris/Gaynor/Roxy... yet the Chrobron triangle they left Louise out of it :p

I am wondering why lol:D;-)
  • americandream8americandream8 Posts: 244
    Forum Member

So people don't leave nasty comments about her.
This discussion has been closed.