TalkTalk are HOPELESS

Comments

• neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have an irrational hatred of talktalk therefore you may just be making it up noise.

You will get fibre, you talk about it a lot, you want it, you will get it.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    TT are good at setting up deals to pay off what you owe, they don't want to lose your custom but if it is let run then the 'machine' cuts you off.

Maybe that is what they have done, but as i said I did not see anything on the first bill, apart from connection charge and normal billing.

The only reason these people left Sky was because sky took all the money out at the same time, so phone broadband and sky Tv came out on the same day of the month and they kept getting bills for calls they have made months after and it confused them.

But the original reason they left Talk Talk the first time was because they had bill problems, Talk Talk allegedly was putting calls on their bill that was not made.
    I think it was imagination to be honest, they swop between phone and broadband more times than any one else I know.

the sync speed they are at was not a lot of difference between Sky and Talk Talk, Sky was a little higher but nothing to talk about..
    They can't be such a bad company then noise, you must be warming to neo's way of thinking :eek: :).

Still part of Dunstone empire, a company who have no idea what customer services is and teach their instore managers to treat customer like muck, it is a wonder they have any customers to be honest. Also they took over our Tandy shop the one good thing that was in this poxy city at the time as if we wanted another mobile phone shop.

Talk Talk in their early days was awful, customer services is no better now, I thought BT was bad at customer service, but Talk Talk is worse.

Sure the broadband service itself may have improved, but so far I have only seen a couple of TT connections that is okish, the rest I have seen is still way below what they should be.

Someone who went from Talk Talk to orange have got a better connection, Orange for goodness sake, how can that be?
    I left them for Sky a couple of months ago, my speed is faster by 2MB and stable ... so far, but I never had any major gripes with them in over 4 years.

Happy with who I am with at the moment, the most stable and fastest connection so far I have had and I am annoyed with myself of how long it took me to change to this connection from BT.

When I was looking for another broadband supplier, I was advised to go for a cable and wireless connection from many people on another forum and i would not listen, fearing this LLU system, I am glad I did go for it now, just wish I did not wait so long.

Never going to get a super fast speed here on ADSL, cable is too long, but from what I have seen of other peoples connection up here I got one of the better ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    You have an irrational hatred of talktalk therefore you may just be making it up noise.

Believe what you want, just because I hate TT, don't mean I will make up things about them. You know full well that if I see a good TT connection I will say so, it will shock me, but I will still say I seen it.
    You will get fibre, you talk about it a lot, you want it, you will get it.

No doubt i will at some point, but when that point will be i don't know, at the moment I see no need to spend the extra money for a bit more speed I don't need.

I am trying to get a mate of mine interested in getting it as I think it will be ideal for him, but then I been trying to get him from Mad as a fish for months, it is not that he don't want to move he just don't get around to doing so and then moans about all the connection problems he have. Not worth him moving now, may as well stay until at least around July and see if BT do deliver on their fibre dates.

The other problem is that I don't know if I am going to be here in 12 months time, so getting fibre will be a waste of time as I will still have to pay if I decide to move.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »

The other problem is that I don't know if I am going to be here in 12 months time, so getting fibre will be a waste of time as I will still have to pay if I decide to move.

Moving home I hope and not shaking off this mortal coil.
  • Dean LambertDean Lambert Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me going about TalkTalk. 3 months of hell I have had with them!

It started with getting charged for connection when I shouldn't have had, then an engineers visit that myself and BT Openreach know nothing about. Then TalkTalk admitted that an engineers visit never happened and would 'refund' the charges......still waiting for that to happen.

Then we have the internet that is unstable and has been since day 1. This is down to a fault at TalkTalk's end which TalkTalk have admitted to. Again 'refunds' would be placed on my account.

To date this STILL hasn't happened, to an extent where I have refused to pay my bill until I have an up to date bill that shows these credits. To date I have requested this information 16 TIMES!!! I still don't have an up to date bill.

So I have had 3 months of hell which some people may say that in TalkTalk's standards is not that bad......shame I have only been a customer of TalkTalk's for 3 months. Not a good start is it? Of course I have pestered them and got nowhere. Even contacted the CEO and was promised that it would be sorted out and passed to their 'Customer Relations' department. Now when I contact them they say that as I have contacted the CEO's office I would have to contact them and when you contact the CEO's office you can guess what they say.............
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean why don't you make a complaint to these http://www.ombudsman-services.org

This use to be called Otelo. If you explain to these guys about the bother you are having then they will give you information about getting the problem sorted out. Then might try and sort the problem out for you.

Also if you get in touch with
    http://www.ispa.org.uk/complaints/.

These guys regulate the Internet side and Talk Talk are registered with them. Go through the first part of complaint. This gets passed on to the ISP to get sorted out. Give them at least 2 weeks. If still not sorted out go to part 2 of the complaint and these people get involved and that is how I got out of my contract with Talk Talk after 5 weeks of fluctuating FTTC. I didn't pay any call out charges or leaving fees either.
  • Dean LambertDean Lambert Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean why don't you make a complaint to these http://www.ombudsman-services.org

This use to be called Otelo. If you explain to these guys about the bother you are having then they will give you information about getting the problem sorted out. Then might try and sort the problem out for you.

Also if you get in touch with
    http://www.ispa.org.uk/complaints/.

These guys regulate the Internet side and Talk Talk are registered with them. Go through the first part of complaint. This gets passed on to the ISP to get sorted out. Give them at least 2 weeks. If still not sorted out go to part 2 of the complaint and these people get involved and that is how I got out of my contract with Talk Talk after 5 weeks of fluctuating FTTC. I didn't pay any call out charges or leaving fees either.

Thanks for this. Looks like I'm not going to have a choice but to contact them as TalkTalk just can't be arsed
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you pay pennies for a service what can you really expect, all faults if it is indeed a line fault is down to openreach. To get openreach out talktalk have to pay openreach to fix the fault and this cost rises considerably should the fault not be on openreach network. talktalk rely on good working lines, they do not charge enough overall to be able to send out engineers to fix faullts. If it is the fault of the user and talktalk slap you with a £100 bill are you going to pay it? you can imagine the number of people who wont.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moving home I hope and not shaking off this mortal coil.

i know you will be disappointed, but yes, maybe moving home, but still staying on this earth, hopefully.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hurlley wrote: »
    you pay pennies for a service what can you really expect, all faults if it is indeed a line fault is down to openreach. To get openreach out talktalk have to pay openreach to fix the fault and this cost rises considerably should the fault not be on openreach network. talktalk rely on good working lines, they do not charge enough overall to be able to send out engineers to fix faullts. If it is the fault of the user and talktalk slap you with a £100 bill are you going to pay it? you can imagine the number of people who wont.

Not really pennies is it? Talk Talk is not much cheaper than other ISPs and phone suppliers these days and yet they can offer a good service.
  • iniltousiniltous Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nonsense, If Talk Talk report a fault and there is a fault on what BT/Openreach is responsible for, between the exchange and the end users master socket, the repair is free, maintenance of the loop is included in the line rental, if the fault report is bogus by being either on the end user or telco's kit, or no fault found, the Telco is charged for the wasted visit, the Telco will almost certainly pass this onto the end user, quite often the end user is charged more than BT/OR charge the Telco
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know you will be disappointed, but yes, maybe moving home, but still staying on this earth, hopefully.

How dare you say that, I never wish ill on anyone.

"Not really pennies is it? Talk Talk is not much cheaper than other ISPs and phone suppliers these days and yet they can offer a good service"

Your right about the price, its not cheap if like me you pay extra for the international calls and mobile minutes calls.

Never had problems so from my end the service provided has been excellent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iniltous wrote: »
    Nonsense, If Talk Talk report a fault and there is a fault on what BT/Openreach is responsible for, between the exchange and the end users master socket, the repair is free, maintenance of the loop is included in the line rental, if the fault report is bogus by being either on the end user or telco's kit, or no fault found, the Telco is charged for the wasted visit, the Telco will almost certainly pass this onto the end user, quite often the end user is charged more than BT/OR charge the Telco
    if what you say were true talktalk would not have such a bad reputation and they would freely be sending out engineers to fix problems why don't they, surely they have nothing to loose?.

People want problems fixed but are not willing to pay for it even hwen it is their fault. Unless its a clear cut line fault Openreach pays if its a broadband fault talktalk STILL has to pay to fix the openreach fault! whether you believe it or not is up to you but this is why talktalk do not like sending out openreach engineers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How dare you say that, I never wish ill on anyone.

i thought you would be glad to get rid of me.

Your right about the price, its not cheap if like me you pay extra for the international calls and mobile minutes calls.

Even if you just have braodband phone it is not that much cheaper than say Sky, TT is only about £4 a month cheaper, for basic than Sky.
    Ok if you need that £4 a month then TT it be.

i know that what I pay is not cheap and I no doubt pay more than I would for Talk Talk and sky and get less add ons. i also know that my service is reliable and I my line trental is connected to my broadband.
    Never had problems so from my end the service provided has been excellent.

so you keep saying, lucky you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if what you say were true talktalk would not have such a bad reputation and they would freely be sending out engineers to fix problems why don't they, surely they have nothing to loose?.

Talk Talk got the reputation because they was rubbish, they over subscribed and could not cope, their customer service is pathetic still.

Once a company have that reputation it is difficult to sake it off,

People want problems fixed but are not willing to pay for it even hwen it is their fault. Unless its a clear cut line fault Openreach pays if its a broadband fault talktalk STILL has to pay to fix the openreach fault! whether you believe it or not is up to you but this is why talktalk do not like sending out openreach engineers.

We pay for a service, we also pay line rental, so we are entitled to have faults fixed, if TT is so cheap that they panic when something goes wrong because they have to pay out then they will have to rise their prices.

Very few problems are internal these days, routers are normal set up by the ISP and all the consumer do is plug in their computers or other devices. much easier, not like when we used ADSL modems and had to install drivers, set up a dial up connection, which confused some people as they heard that ADSL did not need any dialing and was always on

The amount of problems people had then and the amount of times I had to help someone out get their broadband up and running, now with more people on broadband I get very few people with problems. Most problems are now external
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk Talk got the reputation because they was rubbish, they over subscribed and could not cope, their customer service is pathetic still.

Once a company have that reputation it is difficult to sake it off,

We pay for a service, we also pay line rental, so we are entitled to have faults fixed, if TT is so cheap that they panic when something goes wrong because they have to pay out then they will have to rise their prices.

Very few problems are internal these days, routers are normal set up by the ISP and all the consumer do is plug in their computers or other devices. much easier, not like when we used ADSL modems and had to install drivers, set up a dial up connection, which confused some people as they heard that ADSL did not need any dialing and was always on

The amount of problems people had then and the amount of times I had to help someone out get their broadband up and running, now with more people on broadband I get very few people with problems. Most problems are now external

I do understand what you are saying you are correct but it is simply how talktalk deal with problems, yes you pay line rental and you are entitled to get it fixed, I agree with you but talktalk do not! talktalk can and do refuse to fix faults if the line test comes out okay.

also as i have said if the line tests okay but the person is still having a problem AND they engineer finds a fault on the openreach network talktalk still have to pay for the fault. It doesn't make sense but thats how it works.
  • iniltousiniltous Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

End user calls their provider,TalkTalk, although it's the same process regardless of provider, and says they have problem, the line is tested and no fault is indicated, or one indicated at the end users property, the service provider may be reluctant to progress a fault to BT/OR, but it's because it's the service provider who pays BT/OR if the report isn't valid, they have to charge the end user to get their money back, and it quite possible that a lot of TT's customers are price sensitive, and they may well just change provider instead of paying up for the invalid engineer visit, so if there is a reluctance on TT's part to progress the fault to BT/OR, this may well be the reason....there is no charge for a repair if the fault is on what BT/OR are responsible for, this isn't just my opinion, it's fact, and if TT don't like calling BT/OR out, and I dont know if they are more reluctant than other service providers to call out BT/OR or not, then why would this be the case
    genuine faults are fixed for free, all BT lines should conform to SIN349 and if they don't, they are faulty, you rent a car and it breaks down the renter doesnt pay for it to be fixed why would a business that it so regulated be any different, if it's not up to standard, it has to be brought up to standard by BT/OR at BT/OR expense
  • madnesmadnes Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talktalk worked with Btor and resolved my fault. My fibre speeds dropped to 7 mbps. Engineer found fault at the cabinet. I was given 3 months free service as an outcome. Talktalk networks sent me a confirmation letter confirming i would not be charged For the visit.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iniltous wrote: »
    End user calls their provider,TalkTalk, although it's the same process regardless of provider, and says they have problem, the line is tested and no fault is indicated, or one indicated at the end users property, the service provider may be reluctant to progress a fault to BT/OR, but it's because it's the service provider who pays BT/OR if the report isn't valid, they have to charge the end user to get their money back, and it quite possible that a lot of TT's customers are price sensitive, and they may well just change provider instead of paying up for the invalid engineer visit, so if there is a reluctance on TT's part to progress the fault to BT/OR, this may well be the reason....there is no charge for a repair if the fault is on what BT/OR are responsible for, this isn't just my opinion, it's fact, and if TT don't like calling BT/OR out, then why else would this be the case?

This is what I found out with Talk Talk when I had problems with my FTTC connection. The download speed was doing up and down so bad and after five weeks of getting routers send to me and still the same problem. I ended up getting out of my contract and moved over to BT for their BT Infinity service as soon as the BTOR engineer started the test noticed there was a problem between the exchange and the street cabinet and fixed it for me and now have a rock solid connection.

If Talk Talk had got their finger out and got BTOR out to get the problem sorted them maybe I would be still with them, but then again probably not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do understand what you are saying you are correct but it is simply how talktalk deal with problems, yes you pay line rental and you are entitled to get it fixed, I agree with you but talktalk do not! talktalk can and do refuse to fix faults if the line test comes out okay.

also as i have said if the line tests okay but the person is still having a problem AND they engineer finds a fault on the openreach network talktalk still have to pay for the fault. It doesn't make sense but thats how it works.

I know all of that, I have dealt with Talk Talk a few times on behalf of other people and I know what their customer service is like, but as long as they keep getting customers whey won't care.
    Maybe if they lost a load of customers they may change.

Even their own engineers are a waste of time, had one call at a friends place because her connection is horrid, he came in, took the faceplate of the socket, placed another router there and told her he will be back. Never returned, left socket cover off, we have no idea where it is and connection is still naff.

the only advantage is that she can use a naff connection for her phone or when peopel visit with their laptops.

Still trying to find another ISP.

I also know two people that TT tried to connect without their permission, one of them lost his phone number because of it.

then other peoples places I been to that have Talk Talk, I have seen their connection speed and the majority are pathetic, people living closer to the exchange than me and get half the speed.
  • madnesmadnes Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - Talktalk lost my details when I signed up online however they matched the cashback deal I would have lost.

- They have discounted my services for taking fibre and discounted my services further when I reported a fault to them which required BTOR to attend.
    I have a letter of confirmation to advise no charge will be added to my account for this.

- They increased the line rental by 70
    pence but discounted mine by £2.00.

- The overseas customer services is not the best. I deal with them on the talktalk forums and have had any issues dealt with by them.

Like with any company people will have there up's and down's with them. I use to slate them yet I believed what I was being reading on the web.

In all they are a decent ISP. Agree or disagree I don't really care. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said Madness.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will wait and see what happens next, but to be honest I am getting fed up with people changing between Talk Talk, Bt and Sky and losing their phone number, as bad as people changing their mobile every 6 months and changing the number.

People changing numbers is a good thing a refresh now and again is great you filter out the people you don't want to have your number. I don't see how it's so hard to replace a number in your phone book it takes 30 secs tops
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People changing numbers is a good thing a refresh now and again is great you filter out the people you don't want to have your number. I don't see how it's so hard to replace a number in your phone book it takes 30 secs tops

It gets annoying, thankfully with more people getting contract mobiles they keep the same number as it is pretty easy to change their numbers over.

As for home phone, I would be a bit annoyed to lose my number unless I got rid of the phone altogether.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't you keep your number on the house phone when changing?