What Temperature Do You Consider "too Hot"?

POSSILPOSSIL Posts: 36
Forum Member
Anything above 85F.

Comments

• NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thrive on the cold temperatures. If the weather was a constant 10 degrees C (50F) at 50% RH, I would be an extremely happy man.

I consider anything above 18 deg C (65F) as 'too hot'.
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thrive on the cold temperatures. If the weather was a constant 10 degrees C (50F) at 50% RH, I would be an extremely happy man.

Yeah me too. Above 60F and it's getting too warm for my liking. Makes for a cheap gas bill though, because the heating hardly ever has to go on.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    40c. Rio is the hottest place I've been to yet, I don't know how the local people could manage to go to work in that heat.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    POSSIL wrote: »
    Anything above 85F.

Depends. If I were making tea that wouldn't be hot enough. At 85 degrees F I would have nothing but a cup of water and a wet t bag. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Yeah me too. Above 60F and it's getting too warm for my liking. Makes for a cheap gas bill though, because the heating hardly ever has to go on.
    It will probably invite Scrooge-esque fireside gruel eating images, but my gas bills rarely exceed £15 (thermally good fabric thought my flat and rarely require heating).

It annoys me as an aside that weather reporters promote sunny weather as 'good' and cold weather as 'bad'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will probably invite Scrooge-esque fireside gruel eating images, but my gas bills rarely exceed £15 (thermally good fabric thought my flat and rarely require heating).

It annoys me as an aside that weather reporters promote sunny weather as 'good' and cold weather as 'bad'.

Don't know what my gas bill is alone, but the gas+electric direct debit is £35/month. It was higher, but the energy firm put it down as we were getting into credit.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

It is rather presumptuous now you come to mention it.

What amuses me is that we ( weather forecasters excepted) tend to use Fahrenheit to describe hot weather temperatures but somewhere around 10 - 12 degrees C switch to Celsius to describe cold weather.

When did you ever hear anyone say - Brrrrr it was 20 degrees last night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is rather presumptuous now you come to mention it.

What amuses me is that we ( weather forecasters excepted) tend to use Fahrenheit to describe hot weather temperatures but somewhere around 10 - 12 degrees C switch to Celsius to describe cold weather.

I do that. Celsius makes more sense when getting towards freezing and Fahrenheit more sense when talking about warm/hot weather imo.

Not here, but in the US definitely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can only really understand Celsius cos I kind of think about it in relation to hot water or ice.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    40c. Rio is the hottest place I've been to yet, I don't know how the local people could manage to go to work in that heat.

Yea I went to Egypt and it got into the 40s and it kinda ruined the holiday a bit. Could not do anything apart from sit in the shade and smoke pipes, lol. I had to sleep on the balcony aswell just for some cooler breeze at night.

I like cooler temps. 16c is comfortable for me. More than about 24c and I need a swimming pool or sea!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    When in the UK and try to get used to the dramatic changes in temperature, then anything that jumps 10 degrees in one day. If it's a gradual change over days it's not as noticeable and easier to get used to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea I went to Egypt and it got into the 40s and it kinda ruined the holiday a bit. Could not do anything apart from sit in the shade and smoke pipes, lol. I had to sleep on the balcony aswell just for some cooler breeze at night.

I like cooler temps. 16c is comfortable for me. More than about 24c and I need a swimming pool or sea!
    I gotta say I still loved my time in Rio even when it was 40c as we were at the beach every day. But at night it was around 28c and I was sleeping in a small room with no air con, just a fan thing that sort of just moved the hot air around. Very, very hot.

28-32c is the best range for holiday weather for me.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gotta say I still loved my time in Rio even when it was 40c as we were at the beach every day. But at night it was around 28c and I was sleeping in a small room with no air con, just a fan thing that sort of just moved the hot air around. Very, very hot.

28-32c is the best range for holiday weather for me.

Yeah, that's the thing, a range that's pleasant for sitting around a pool drinking cocktails might not be so pleasant when you have to dress in a business suit for work! And for me (as cliche as it might sound) it's more to do with humidity than actual temperature. It gets very hot and humid here in the summer and I find it unbearable. :(
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with up to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. 100 id say is too hot.
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Anything above about 13c is too hot for me when out, room temp I don't like it above 18c
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i`m not a great judge of temperature but i prefer the heating off than on and i cannot bear the summer.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,786
    Forum Member
    I don't like it any higher than 21 celsius. Even that feels too hot for me, maybe just 16/17 is the best for me with a nice cool breeze. A cool breze with some light sun is the best weather you can get!
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the humidity that does it for me. I don't even understand how it's measured, but I shall not be returning to Florida any time soon. How people live and work there I do not know.
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the humidity that does it for me. I don't even understand how it's measured, but I shall not be returning to Florida any time soon. How people live and work there I do not know.

Last November/December in Southern Florida was unusually cool with daytime temps around 70-75f and cool nights. It was absolutely blissful weather.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last November/December in Southern Florida was unusually cool with daytime temps around 70-75f and cool nights. It was absolutely blissful weather.

Sounds good, I shall remember that :cool: Unfortunately I was there in July, and it was unbearable. :(
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I've been in Dubai when it's been 45 degrees and it was awful. It's like their winter in the height of summer. People stay in.

Except the poor construction workers from India who have to work in that heat in boiler suits.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    When I'm at home, going to work, doing the housework and normal everyday life, I find anything over 20 degrees starts to get uncomfortable for me. But when I am on holiday, with a pool, relaxing, I can stand it up to about 35 degrees.
  • anais32anais32 Posts: 12,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been in Turkey when it has hit 45 degrees in the middle of August. I was right by a pool though so every 15 mins I'd jump in to cool down. Not sure I could bear it 'day to day'.

I find for normal day to day activities, working; etc, 25 is fine.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the UK anything above 28 is too hot for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can tolerate dry heat much more than humid conditions. As someone else said, hot and humid is just unbearable.

When talking about temperature, humidity needs to be factored in as it acts like an amplifier for both hot and cold conditions. 10 deg C, 50% RH is my idea of comfort.