David needs to drop the 'gay' act now..

TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
Forum Member
✭✭
It's highly unfunny and quite awkward and insulting. He's a straight man apparently, so why he's using a gay persona as a laughing/joke topic I can't understand. It's just not funny.

It's like Alesha of Amanda asking one of the female acts to strip off so they can see more when they're both straight women.

Comments

• duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He bores me to tears
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying all gay men act like him? I don't believe that to be the case. And don't see why just because he has his personality means he needs to be gay. If an Englishmen or American is wearing tartan clothing complete with red hair does that mean he needs to be Scottish or is Scottish?
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I completely disagree. I still find him hysterical.

Last night, when he asked for the shirt off on the tap dancers, come on, that was fantastic. He was ONLY saying what ever woman and gay man in the audience was thinking :D

If he were removed, we'd have a talentless sap, and another... errr.... talentless sap, and a third, weird-looking talentless sap.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »

Last night, when he asked for the shirt off on the tap dancers, come on, that was fantastic. He was ONLY saying what ever woman and gay man in the audience was thinking :D

If he were removed, we'd have a talentless sap, and another... errr.... talentless sap, and a third, weird-looking talentless sap.

You and me both. If anything, i think the "gay act" has been toned down a lot this series.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    TreyC wrote: »
    It's highly unfunny and quite awkward and insulting. He's a straight man apparently, so why he's using a gay persona as a laughing/joke topic I can't understand. It's just not funny.

It's like Alesha of Amanda asking one of the female acts to strip off so they can see more when they're both straight women.
    It's a character like 'Keith Lemon.' but I know you mean that it's kind of insulting.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »

You and me both. If anything, i think the "gay act" has been toned down a lot this series.

Count me in too.
    I find DW hilarious. :D:D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. He's been noticeably less camp this series and the jokes/innuendos are so obviously exactly that.

I think the show needs him and Cowell would be insane to let him go. IMO, it's the best, most balanced judging panel of any RTV show in many years
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love David Walliams, he is very charismatic and a lot of fun to watch BUT I do agree the innuendo is overplayed, whichever way you slice it its very odd.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love David Walliams, he is very charismatic and a lot of fun to watch BUT I do agree the innuendo is overplayed, whichever way you slice it its very odd.

As much charisma as a severe dose of food poisoning.

His smirking bovine features, coupled with his asinine comments are the worst feature of the judging panel.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. It's hilarious and I hope he always does it.
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Are you saying all gay men act like him? I don't believe that to be the case. And don't see why just because he has his personality means he needs to be gay. If an Englishmen or American is wearing tartan clothing complete with red hair does that mean he needs to be Scottish or is Scottish?

No, I'm not saying all gay men act like him. Read the thread and stop trying to turn it into something it's not. Theres a difference between a persona and a fashion trend. Re-read the post before answering next time.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member

Hey JW. I was REALLY disappointed to not hear DW refer to Simon as "My Simon"

Or did I miss one?
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cowell wouldn't dare ask so he has to :p
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I agree, he does seem to have toned it down thank goodness. I do think on a family show like BGT he has at times! gone too far and it was very awkward.

Then I also felt that some of the strip acts that were allowed air time, should not have been, thank goodness this year there were less of this kind of exobisionisism...!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Count me in too.
    I find DW hilarious. :D:D
    Unfortunately so hilarious it cost him his wife.
  • MichPlatMichPlat Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TreyC wrote: »

Its harmless enough , I and millions of others including the audience find it very amusing .

Have you seen his gorgeous wife incidentally ??
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MichPlat wrote: »
    Its harmless enough , I and millions of others including the audience find it very amusing .

Have you seen his gorgeous wife incidentally ??

The one who's divorcing him?
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    I find it boring now, its overdone by him. This was pointed out on Newzoids recently.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you know it's an "Act".?
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    It is a bit repetitive. And he's been doing it since he played Leslie in Barry's Joypad.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »

Exactly. The guy is just trying to disguise it as an act. I believe the "act" is the real him.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well exactly….. if its all an act… then it became kind of awkwardly inappropriate when he married and became a dad.

If is he gay or bi … why make a fool of the girl in the first place.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Well exactly….. if its all an act… then it became kind of awkwardly inappropriate when he married and became a dad.

If is he gay or bi … why make a fool of the girl in the first place.

So what if he is bi? Aren't bi people allowed to get married?
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ask his wife ? :confused:
  • Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read a biog of DW and Matt Lucas and it's clear that his campness has been a integral part of him since childhood. So not entirely an "act" .. but I agree it got a bit too much some times. He seemed to me to be rather withdrawn tonight.