Bad Cover Versions

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supposedly Jordan is gonna murder, sorry cover, the Divinyls' "I Touch Myself" record from the 1990's. Now this is a huge hit in clubs and young trendy pubs so if she DOES in fact release it we're all done for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anykey wrote:
    One to avoid:
    Rolf Harris - Stairway to Heaven

However, Far Corporation - Stairway To Heaven, is quite acceptable

One to find Richard Cheese' version of stairway to heaven!!! Funny as hell! a great tune aswell! Hes a lot better than Wierd Al, he actually makes good jazz music! and the piano playing the guitar solo is pure class! my favourite!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Megson1965 wrote:
    Wonderwall - Ryan Adams

Disliked the original but detest this even more. A dirge. What the appeal is with this track baffles me beyond an hours worth of chin stroking.

Aw, come on, it's not that bad. You must remember Mike Flowers' version?!?!
  • boogiepimpsboogiepimps Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I cringe to listen to the cover version Erasure did in 2003 of The Buggle's "Video Killed The Radio Star"! :eek:

Also, not a cover version as such, but I don't like how Jamelia sampled The Strangler's "Golden Brown" for her single "No More" in 2007! :mad:

Also, I don't like how Eminem sampled Markita's "Toy Soldiers" for his song "Like Toy Soldiers"! :mad:
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,996
    Forum Member
    The Smiths bedsit classic 'How Soon Is Now?' turned cringe-making by we-wish lesbos T.A.T.U.

I was looking earlier on for music used in Gossip Girl and came across this! :eek: Terrible!
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    There is a similar kind of thread here.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1800699
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Billy Joel's Uptown Girl in the 80's was a horrific no 1 (and I love the man!)

But Westlife's version was an abomination.
  • boogiepimpsboogiepimps Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Well Billy Joel's Uptown Girl in the 80's was a horrific no 1 (and I love the man!)

But Westlife's version was an abomination.
    I don't know.... I actually prefer the Westlife version of "Uptown Girl" to Bill Joel's version of "Uptown Girl"!
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    East 17 did a wonderful job of destroying the Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls. Shocking!:eek:

......Although the Pet shop Boys are also guilty of musical atrocities, having previously murdered U2's - Where the streets have no name.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    One Direction - One Way Or Another/Teenage Kicks
    The Saturdays - Just Can't Get Enough (and this is coming from a Saturdays fan who has even seen the group live!)
    Girls Aloud - See The Day
    Anything by Westlife
    Any awful X Factor winners' single (apart from Hallelujah by Alexandra Burke)
    Anything by Glee Cast
    Any cover of an ABBA song. IMO ABBA songs should only be sung by ABBA.
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ultimate bad cover version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR5xGHPUEew
  • aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mariah Carey - I Want To Know What Love Is
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, Girls Aloud See The Day was excrutiating. I recall them singing it live on TV and it was fingernails down the blackboard time. I am getting shivers just thinking of the horror of it all