The New Look...

Comments

• SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks really good on a full computer screen, but on a phone, not so much.

No it doesn't, it looks HORRIBLE and all the bl***y glare is hurting my eyes. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually quite like it...
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    No it doesn't, it looks HORRIBLE and all the bl***y glare is hurting my eyes. :(

Mine too. I'm going to have to come off the forum, it's giving me a headache :(

Horrible, horrible, horrible DS. Get rid.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible.
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow just tried of on my iPhone it's even worse
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Meh. Too bland. And I hate the font in the message bar. Seems very 1990`s.
    It would have been nice if the forum members could have been consulted before the change and asking our input on what colours we like.
    I`m trying to say something positive about these changes, but I`m wracking my brain to come up with anything.
    Meh

They asked for feedback on bunch of logo designs a while ago but everyone was very negative. :p

In the end, they've chosen to type the name in a plain font and stick a full stop in.

Ooh, the minds of web designers. :D
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a huge monitor, and had to reduce the size on this forum just to fit everything in.
    I hate it.
    :(
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    The only new thing the forum needed was a way to 'like' posts. Not a fan of the new look, but I'm sure we'll all get used to it. It's very basic looking though. Can't help but wonder if it's all about getting more mobile/tablet traffic than being computer friendly.

edited to add: the white bit up the top of the page is too big, in my opinion. They could halve the size of that.
  • salthepalsalthepal Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Ghastly.
    Hard to read.
    Doesn't fit.
    Why the massive useless senseless intrusive border across the top ALL THE TIME.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    So the coloring and fonts aside, is there any way to make the border smaller on the top of the screen. And on the right side it is about 1-2 cm too wide. I have a tiny laptop, but I've never had any problem like this on any other website.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    salthepal wrote: »
    Ghastly.
    Hard to read.
    Doesn't fit.
    Why the massive useless senseless intrusive border across the top ALL THE TIME.

I'm finding it very hard to read things like the post number/Search this thread/Thread tools.
    White writing on a pale grey background isn't very user friendly to those with less than perfect eyesight.

We can only hope that TPTB take note of all the comments on here and do something about it soon.

Maybe someone should start a poll

EDIT Sorry I see someone has here http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1916432 and it's a resounding thumbs down
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too bright and colourless for my liking.
  • MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gah! It's hurting my eyes. It was fine as it was! Better go get my glasses!
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow just tried of on my iPhone it's even worse

It's not changed on iphone
  • MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow has this failed or what. Major flop...
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the soaps part at the top. But once you`re on the soaps tab, it`s harder to navigate back to the soaps forum. I have to click on the forums tab at the top then choose soaps from the other forums.
    Whoever thought up this design seriously needs to have a rethink.
  • SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    New smiles?? :o
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Difficult to navigate, read posts in full, less threads viewable on a page. This is a backward step. I can see myself posting much less. I may have to join Twitter as this rate and that was unthinkable until I saw this new look.
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new smilies SUCK!!! I miss the green grin dude, the pull tongue dude, the embarrassed dude.... pretty much all of them!

God dammit DS :mad:

(the angry dude isn't even good anymore!!)
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How I hate this new look! :( Even the new smilies are not nice. I can't see the end of the posts on the right hand side and can't even see which number post I'm reading. I am feeling so nostalgic for the old format, why did they need to change it? I mean genuinely what reason is there for changing something that was perfectly fine as it was? :s
  • SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    I want my blue shocked face back :o
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These smilies are rubbish *insert sad smiley*
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,374
    Forum Member
    I honestly can't get over how horrible this is!

Thought the point of this was to improve the site? Not lose half of thier posters?

Bad Move, DS. Very bad move.
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,374
    Forum Member
    I want my blue shocked face back :o

I liked my little angry dude & the green dude.

I can't even tell what smiley is what unless i squint
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see the end of your post on my iPad. Hope it was clean! :) oh and it seems when I put a smiley in, the cursor flies up to the top of the screen. Woo!

Yes it was (but I had to restrain myself!):D