Options

IAAF World Championships in Athletics, Beijing 2015 (22-30 August)

Comments

• Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    The tiniest little smidge. Gutting, but you've gotta admire the bravery for going out in style.

Yep. And she'll come back stronger from this and won't cut the margins so close next time. Hopefully.

Seems to be taking it well too. I'd be in bits.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Yep. And she'll come back stronger from this and won't cut the margins so close next time. Hopefully.

Seems to be taking it well too. I'd be in bits.

I'd be an inconsolable mess! :D Sometimes you have to learn these lessons the hard way and at least on a positive note she can complete the remainder, pressure free.
  • Options
    CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    I just cannot understand why they don't do a safe jump in round one to get points on the board.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    CarlLewis wrote: »
    I just cannot understand why they don't do a safe jump in round one to get points on the board.

tbh they all did a safe jump except for her. you could sort of see her crumbling starting from last night just scraping by in the high jump :kitty:
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would have thought after her dodgy high jump run up she would have just put a safe one in to start with- even if she had been 20cm behind the board she would have won this competition and been in the lead with 2 events to go.:(

She will learn from it no doubt - but then again this could really leave it's mark mentally going into the Olympics.
  • Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She won't carry on with Heptathlon events....she has the long jump competition.
  • Options
    Edward_SloleyEdward_Sloley Posts: 10,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I saw her initial reaction, I assumed she nailed it. That's emotional whiplash for you...

Perhaps she had the Gothenburg triple jump on her mind - Kravets (UKR) fouled twice in the final, so needed a valid jump to make the cut. She went for it again and smashed the WR by 41cm :o - indeed, her mark of 15.50 remains unbeaten
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyhow, it's time for the women's 400mH heats.

Ouch, that's Adekoya's race done and dusted then...

Spencer won that at a canter.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just imagine if she actually won it?

From tragedy to triumph. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's lucky in way. Not many athletes get an immediate chance at redemption like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the draw been made for the 100m semi's? What's stopping Gatlin and Bolt being drawn in the same semi considering Bolt's relatively slow time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyhow, it's time for the women's 400mH heats.

Ouch, that's Adekoya's race done and dusted then...

Spencer won that at a canter.

Spencer looked at little leggy to me TBH. She tends to fail at the global champs anyway. It'll be interesting to see how Childs, Hejnova and Little run. But I'll have to see that on the highlights 2mmrw. Night (morning ;-)) all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn, now Pedroso too - a faceplant after the last hurdle as well...
    Hejnova & Child both through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lmao! :blush:

Eilidh safely through, both her and Hejnova unaware of the drama behind. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Storl easily qualifies in the men's shot put.
    I think Beesley has smashed her PB! Yes - by 45 hundredths!

Apparently UKA are appealing that dramatic foul...I'd be surprised if the original decision was overturned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A loping jog for Tate. Meghan's in, good race that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    This 400m hurdles is not grabbing me. I'm staying awake till 3.50 to see if KJT has pulled out then that's it or I won't be back up for the 100m later!

What's stopping them is that the organisers wouldn't do that.

So there's no structure to how they are decided? I thought it was seeded based on times.

Semi 1 top time
    Semi 2 2nd top time
    Semi 1 3rd top time
    Semi 2 4th top time

etc etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Carter and Stoddardt having their own mini battle there in who could be the most ragged.
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KJT now 30th place in the Heptathlon, ouch!:o:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I guess the 100m semi finals are determined by the numbered first heats and therefore 'fixed' at that stage. e.g. top 2 in heat with odd numbers in semi 1 ...top 2 in even numbers semi 2....Gatlin and Bolt were in 6 and 7 thus avoiding a clash?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Little nearly blows it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regardless of what she does (bit ragged at the last hurdle), people will remember Little for her...um, flower bowtie thing, whatever it is.

That was a close call.
  • Options
    SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the Javelin was supposed to start 10 minutes ago? I want to see if Jess has wrapped this up before I go to bed. Surely she can't lose it from here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the hep, JEH/BTE are at 4990/4888 respectively. The difference equates to about 5 metres in the javelin.
    Thought the Javelin was supposed to start 10 minutes ago?
    The first group has started. The second group (including JEH) don't start until 0505.
  • Options
    SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the hep, JEH/BTE are at 4990/4888 respectively. The difference equates to about 5 metres in the javelin.

The first group has started. The second group (including JEH) don't start until 0505.

I see. Thanks for the info.

Not sure about the SB but I know Jess is the better thrower so fingers crossed.