Beales Fruit Stall

glashalffullglashalffull Posts: 153
Forum Member
I'm sure the Beales own the stall, therefore shouldn't have to put up with the Market Inspectors wrath, also why is it the only fruit stall when there are at last count 427 clothes stalls

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may own the business & the actual barrow but will pay rent for his pitch so has to follow the markets rules
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Yes, they may have a contract for a permanent pitch but they don't own that bit of land. Plus, the Market might get complaints from people that can't get their fruit and veg when they expected to which could put them off coming back.

I'd say the Market has a right to moan if it isn't set up and they aren'( informed as to why not.
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't Peter have to give Aleks some sort of notice before leaving permanently? I imagine Martin is going to end up taking over the stall, but what happens until then?
  • glashalffullglashalffull Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    It would be perfect job for Alfie, Ian's mate and a more central roll in the show
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Alfie is perfect for the stall, id be very disappointed if Martin ends up stuck on it.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Martin was there first though
  • phepiaphepia Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always presumed that to emigrate you have to have a desirable job? I wouldn't class a stall holder/seller as one. And what about Lauren, with her pregnancy I would think very suspicious thoughts if I was immigration.
    I realize its fiction, but not plausible.
  • conmarcas3conmarcas3 Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    phepia wrote: »
    I always presumed that to emigrate you have to have a desirable job? I wouldn't class a stall holder/seller as one. And what about Lauren, with her pregnancy I would think very suspicious thoughts if I was immigration.

Not really, his brother and uncle live there, they'll stay with them and they can apply for a work permit whilst there. Lauren has the baby there, gives them a standing for permanent status
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie probably would be good for the stall seeing as he dong nothing, Martin apparently has a a stock business away from the square, I can see him coming back via the stall though.
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd actually like Alfie to get the stall job now it's been mentioned, originally I thought Martin would be a lock for it considering his family history but honestly I'd prefer Alfie in the role, it'd suit him more.

As for the ownership of the stall, I'm not sure how it works but I don't see any harm in Aleks doing his job, though barging into the Beale household maybe wasn't the best way of going about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    conmarcas3 wrote: »
    Not really, his brother and uncle live there, they'll stay with them and they can apply for a work permit whilst there. Lauren has the baby there, gives them a standing for permanent status

Who is Peter's uncle in NZ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Ems19 wrote: »

Got it lol. Simon was Pete's son (well, not really). I had to think about that!
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I agree Alfie is perfect for the stall, id be very disappointed if Martin ends up stuck on it.

I would be disappointed if Alfie took it over Martin especially when Alfie wrecks everything he touches.
  • Alex250PAlex250P Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a natural way to bring Martin back properly. I've liked what I've seen of Martin so far, and for those suggesting Alfie be on the stall - how long will it take before he is axed?! Terrible character.
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phepia wrote: »

How did Lauren get her ticket so quick?
    Had Peter already bought it, prepared to lose a lot of Money if she refused to go with him?
  • SlingYerHookSlingYerHook Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It should go to Martin, keeping in the Beale/Fowler legacy
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    It should go to Martin, keeping in the Beale/Fowler legacy

I'm OK with that if Ian gives him the stall, but not if he ends up as one of his employees. Let's face it, it's a cr@p job, as Peter pointed out, and Ian's not known for paying well.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I'd presume Martin will have it so they can build on this Martin-Stacey thing they seem to be going with. Not here for more Alfie/Kat drama cause they work within meters of each other.
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    It would be perfect job for Alfie, Ian's mate and a more central roll in the show

Only if it's relocated to outter Mongolia
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martin will no doubt run it
  • glashalffullglashalffull Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Having an uncle in NZ will not make it any easier to get a work permit, besides its not Lauren's Uncle.. You cannot enter the UK on one visa then apply for another, I imagine its the same in NZ
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Having an uncle in NZ will not make it any easier to get a work permit, besides its not Lauren's Uncle.. You cannot enter the UK on one visa then apply for another, I imagine its the same in NZ

Strictly speaking, it's not Peter's uncle either! Simon was a true Wicks, despite believing he was a Beale - it's David who's Pete's son.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member

Actually British & Australian citizens don't need a visa to enter New Zealand at all. You are eligible to stay as a tourist for 6 months with a visitor pass.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Alfie probably would be good for the stall seeing as he dong nothing, Martin apparently has a a stock business away from the square, I can see him coming back via the stall though.

With lessons, Moon would make a passable market sweeper.
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ems19 wrote: »

Peter also has a great-uncle in NZ - Kenny Beale. He's been there forever. I know he sent flowers when Pauline died, so it's certainly possible he's still alive. He was also thought to be Simon's father at one point.

As for Alfie and the stall, it makes more sense for Martin to take it over as he used to do it himself. I do think Alfie would make a decent market trader. Regardless, he needs to find a job both to support his kids and because I think tying him to a job would really help redefine the character. I'm honestly surprised Alfie has never worked at the car lot. A job as a car salesman would be a perfect fit, far more than Charlie or Max.