Looks like at least one new coach needed

wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
Forum Member
✭✭
Now Rita has jumped ship in favour of XF.

Any speculation?

Comments

• lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like Kylie Minogue to come back
  • MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Kylie only left for her Kiss Me Once world tour and even said on Alan Carr Chatty Man she wouldn't rule out being back for series 5. Even the Voice chief Moira Ross said: “But hopefully we’ll have her back for series five. So it’s a little hiatus.”

I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC went to Kylie first. I must admit I didn't enjoy Rita Ora on the Voice. I liked Jessie J before Kylie too.

Why not bring in someone who we're not entirely expecting? Someone like Alison Moyet or Belinda Carlisle maybe?
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie is the obvious choice (If the BBC can get her back), and someone in The X Factor forum saying the BBC should get Nicole Scherzinger (or however you spell her surname)

A panel of Kylie, Nicole, will.i.am and Ricky would be a good combination. Though a question of lack of Brits may be asked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind Kylie coming back. I like how they have coaches rotate on the American show. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Jessie J return since she's joined the Voice Australia so clearly has no problem doing more. Quite disappointed in Rita for abandoning the show.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC should get Nicole Scherzinger XF messing up big time not keeping her. she'd be the most likely judge to stay if they want someone who won't quit after a year. She's fairly known here too from x factor. Heard she was dropped from her label it'd give her more exposure and maybe she'd do more musicals .
    Nicole is a amazing judge and she knows Will.i.am already . She's did the Cats musical so much to offer the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about it, I don't think Kylie would be the right decision this year. Although I like the general consistency of the coaches on the Voice, I think next year is one time that a new judge is crucial, with X Factor having so many changes this year. To have no new coaches at all next year would just seem a bit same old same old in comparison.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we nick Xtina for the new series?
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotta say, I'm disappointed in Rita leaving the show. I was a fan of hers, much preferred her to both Jessie and Kylie, the latter of whom will probably return now. Personally I'd love it to be Adele, though that doesn't seem at all likely.

I don't think she'll get nearly as much freedom on X Factor as she did The Voice in terms of her decisions or indeed the process of mentoring her acts. Although as the only coach not to have an act in the final, I can imagine why she'd be a little embarassed to be associated with The Voice. That must've stung a little.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Can we nick Xtina for the new series?
    It would depend on the timing. She's gone from Season 9 of the US Voice starting in September and ending in December, but they've tended to have her come back every OTHER Season. So Christina would most likely be back for US Season 10 (which if they go with their usual schedule will air February through May).

The UK Voice, unlike the US, only airs annually, and the past few years that's been January through April (so the live shows would be March and April).

So... it's possible. But would be very tight and involve flying back and forth from LA to London for a few weeks in a row. She'd have to go right from the UK live shows straight to the US live shows, which would probably overlap the UK ones for several successive weeks in April. Also the tapings of the pre-recorded shows a few months earlier for each series would also overlap quite a bit too.

Unless they flip from having Gwen Stefani as Christina's stand-in for Season 9 to having Shakira come back for Season 10. If that happened, Christina would be wide open. But I don't think they've really talked at all about the Season 10 cast yet. Except that we all know good ol' Blake Shelton and Adam Levine will only leave those chairs if they're dead.

You want a crazy suggestion? If they want to risk another American on the panel and Christina isn't it, go for the same "young in the business" angle they risked with Jessie J and Rita. Get Meghan Trainor. If you've ever heard her interviewed she's HILARIOUS and also very opinionated (in all the right ways). She'd make a spectacular Coach/Judge figure. She was one of those celebrity coach advisors (for Blake Shelton--which made for an odd pairing) on the US show in Season 8 and so she knows the franchise as well.

Ellie Goulding would seem to be one of the better UK-specific suggestions. She's probably even more expensive than Trainor though, who might be inclined to do it for the fun factor. She's an interesting artist, but unlike Meghan Trainor doesn't seem to have the extroverted personality the show probably needs for a Coach.
  • margaritamargarita Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    It would be great to see Paloma Faith replacing Rita.
    Also, it would be interesting to see Lily Allen as a coach, but i don't think she'll say yes if BBC suggest it to her.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Allen would be fantastic on The Voice. She's got a cracking personality. Maybe Charlotte Church could be a coach? She's not the most relevant but she's hilarious and qualified.
  • margaritamargarita Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, I agree about Charlotte Church. It would be great to see her as a coach.
  • Robbo19Robbo19 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Whoever does replace Rita Ora needs to have it written in her contract that she signs up for at least 2 series. My personal choices would be either:

Mel C
    Nicole Appleton
    Nadine Coyle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mysty211 wrote: »

Would be an interesting little "swap". If The X Factor and The Voice are trying to 'one up' each other in terms of their respective panels, The Voice would probably edge it on this occasion. Scherzinger was a huge success with viewers :D

I personally wouldn't mind nicking a coach from one of the other editions of The Voice. Shakira or Delta Goodrem would be ace.
  • Robbo19Robbo19 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Would NEVER watch The Voice again if Nicole Scherzinger was a coach, if it weren't for her the annoying village idiot that is Rylan Clark wouldn't ever have became famous. Will never forgive her or even like her anymore for that.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Sounds like Mel B. is burning her bridges with Simon Cowell.

I wonder if that means she's not coming back to the next season of America's Got Talent (after the one airing now in the US)?

As for Nicole? Maybe she'd do it. It's not like her solo music career is really doing anything for her now. She just, in fact, was on a US reality show (a non-singing comp called "I Can Do That"), which must have involved several months of shooting time.

I also find it weird that Jessie J is currently investing like half a year in Australia for their version of The Voice. I mean she's a far bigger global star now than when she did the UK version, thanks to that Bang Bang collaboration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe they snubbed her she would be incredible who cares if she was on X Factor before she was one of the best judges. Hoping Will.I.am will keep trying .
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/voice-not-interested-hiring-x-5993352
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its quite funny cause Rita was the only one they shouldn't lose, I think its the other three that wanted updating.
  • mag99mag99 Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe they snubbed her she would be incredible who cares if she was on X Factor before she was one of the best judges. Hoping Will.I.am will keep trying .
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/voice-not-interested-hiring-x-5993352

They didn't need to be so rude! I think Nicole would be great on The Voice, way better than Rita or Kylie. I also think that Mel C would be a great choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mag99 wrote: »
    They didn't need to be so rude! I think Nicole would be great on The Voice, way better than Rita or Kylie. I also think that Mel C would be a great choice.

I'd like Mel C. She was easily the best vocalist in the Spice Girls, and always comes across very well, she's full of charisma, wit and charm.

Unfortunately, I don't think she'll have the star power the BBC crave.
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Gotta say, I'm disappointed in Rita leaving the show. I was a fan of hers, much preferred her to both Jessie and Kylie, the latter of whom will probably return now. Personally I'd love it to be Adele, though that doesn't seem at all likely.

I don't think she'll get nearly as much freedom on X Factor as she did The Voice in terms of her decisions or indeed the process of mentoring her acts. Although as the only coach not to have an act in the final, I can imagine why she'd be a little embarassed to be associated with The Voice. That must've stung a little.

I agree - I really liked Rita. But I don't watch X-Factor on principle, with or without Rita, so whoever they get on the Voice I will watch.
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paloma Faith ‏@Palomafaith 2h2 hours ago
    Got some big news tomorrow .... Keep an eye out

Voice related?
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paloma Faith ‏@Palomafaith 2h2 hours ago
    Got some big news tomorrow .... Keep an eye out

Voice related?

Ooh. Her or Kylie, please. (Or Cher or Olivia N-J)
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    MODTL wrote: »
    Why not bring in someone who we're not entirely expecting? Someone like Alison Moyet or Belinda Carlisle maybe?

God, I'd love to see Alison on the panel. Huge talent, huge voice, funny, warm and a wealth of experience.