Comments

• KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How dreadful! God bless the 3 of them. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This story has genuinely upset me. I'm not even a Lily Allen fan but she was due the same time as me and announced she was having a boy the same day I found out I was. I cant even begin to imagine what she must be going through, to be honest I dont even want to. As other people have said you just dont think of anything like this happening at this stage. You think you are safe and are looking forward to giving birth and meeting the little person whos been kicking you all night.
    Absolutely gutted for her and her partner. I hope in time they can recover from this and hope the media give them the privicy and respect they deserve.

I'm having a little girl around the same time, and I'm absolutely devastated for her. I love my daughter so much already - I can't even bear to think of how I'd cope if anything happened. And poor Lily has been through it before. :(
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subrosa wrote: »
    So horrible, I'm not normally affected by celebrity news but this has genuinely made me sad :(. She was so excited about becoming a mum.

Same here.
  • buffyslaybuffyslay Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sad news :(
    Regardless of what has been said about Lily, she was really looking forward to being a mother. I hope the media give her the space she needs at this time.

totally agree - i cant imagine the pain of this, i had one mis (quite early) and that was heartbreaking, to lose 2 - poor things...
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tragic, so sorry to hear. Media should give them privacy to grieve.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor woman, my heart goes out to her and her family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feeling for her and her partner, what can you say, just so horrible for both of them :(
  • PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This news has really upset me. My heart actually aches for the poor girl having to give birth to her dear son and then having to say goodbye. Its just awful. :cry:
  • Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    Thats so sad. My thoughts go out to her and her partner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never been more than meh about Lily but this story made me cry, and I am so not one for mawkish vicarious grief. You can't not feel for the poor woman. I especially empathise because I was rushed to hospital at six months' pregnant with agonising abdominal pains. The difference between Lily and I is that I now have a healthy, boisterous seven month old girl (who was born after eventually going full-term), but at the time all I could think was that I literally wouldn't be able to breathe again if I lost her. Any miscarriage must be agonising, but a second - at that stage - Jesus.

:cry:
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    No one deserves to lose a baby but for Lily to lose a second one, it must be devastating.

Thoughts are with her and the family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the fact it was nearly 6 months is the worst thing, a lot of women suffer miscarriages in the first trimestre, but at 6 months is really devastating.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is true I lost a son in 2005 at 21 weeks. I was admitted to a labour ward even though we knew the baby no longer had a heartbeat. I was induced over a 14 hour period and offered self-administered morphine for the pain. All the time I could hear the cries of newborn babies and I knew mine would never utter such a cry. After delivery the midwives took him away and dressed him in tiny clothes. He was then brought back to me in a basket so I could spend some time with him. I actually think this process was vital for me and helped me with the grieving process. I have a My First Baby album where I keep polaroids of him and his feet and hand prints etc.

The old cliche about time being a great healer is true. I just hope that the press respect their privacy over the next few painful months.

I agree. I lost a baby boy 11 years ago when I was almost 22 weeks pregnant. I've shed some tears tonight for Lily and Sam and their precious baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I second what was said earlier in the thread. Celeb news rarely upsets me but this one was made me quite weepy. It's so, so sad and my heart goes out to her. I hope the press give her privacy but I'm not confident that they will. There will paps fighting to get the first photo of her since the news broke. It's hard enough dealing with something like this without having the press hounding you. Poor Lily. I really feel for her. Awful news. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I can totally empathise with Lily. I have had 3 miscarriages myself, my first just after Lily had her first. I was so happy for her when I heard she was pregnant again. The news of her losing this baby has made me feel so sad for her. I think that unless you have been through a miscarriage you have no idea of the impact it has on your life.

I hope that Lily goes on to have a healthy baby in years to come.
  • PinkStar80PinkStar80 Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such sad news, so sorry for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I lost my daughter at 22 weeks, two years ago and it was the hardest thing I've ever gone through in my life. To go through twelve hours of labour and come out the other side with only snatched memories is devastating. My heart breaks for her and Sam and their precious little boy and the miserable time that lays ahead. They've been in my thoughts all day. I just hope the press do leave them alone because they will be in bits for some time to come.:cry:
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats poor girl, must be devastating especially at six months (i know anytime is bad), and a second one too. Hope the couple stick together and be strong there is plenty of time for more babies :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I know there is a theory that giving birth to the baby helps with the grieving process though I've no idea how true that is. The parents are also encouraged to spend time with their baby to help them come to terms with their loss, it's not just taken away. Horrendously sad:(

Medically as well, it's better to avoid a c-section if at all possible. I suppose there isn't going to be any easy way to deliver in this situation. I'm sure anyone who has had/been present for a section would tell you it's not the easiest thing to go through either, but usually there is obviously the joy of the baby at the end.

Very sad for Lily and her boyfriend and all their family.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Lily and Sam are able to bounce back. I can't imagine what she's going through. She will be a mom one day but unfortunately that time isn't now. It will come when she isn't expecting it.

I just hope there isn't something seriously wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Medically as well, it's better to avoid a c-section if at all possible. I suppose there isn't going to be any easy way to deliver in this situation. I'm sure anyone who has had/been present for a section would tell you it's not the easiest thing to go through either, but usually there is obviously the joy of the baby at the end.

Very sad for Lily and her boyfriend and all their family.

I guess having a c-section would mean she would have the added physical reminder forever in the scar, although it's not like she could ever forget anyway. And, I guess, nor would she want to. Even if (God forbid) she's never able to have another child, she will always be someone's mother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Such sad news, my heart goes out to her. I hope she recovers soon.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose_BB wrote: »
    Yer i think it's hard to say things in this situation. I can't imagine what it is like to lose a child but i would not wish it on my worst enemy. Even people who do not like lily allen can appreciate how this is a horrible situation for her, especially as it's her 2nd miscarriage. People want to show support which is what people should do. IF ANYONE HAS ANY ANTI LILY COMMENTS please this is not the time or the place. I know it's an internet forum where you can speak your mind, but just think how horrible it would be for her.

I agree Rose and luckily it's not that many (though 1 is too many)

Again, please let's not turn this thread into a debate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Gutted for Lily and her partner...I'd see pictures of her looking so happy and contented these last few months and I thought "Good for her, she deserves it." That she has lost her baby is just devastating, I cannot even begin to imagine what she and Sam are going through right now. My thoughts are with both of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Party Weirdo. How can you be so cruel? :(