Options

Import mobile contacts from Facebook?

stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

Yesterday I had to reset my blackberry completely.. which annoyingly wiped all of the contacts from it.

I did, however, have the Facebook App installed which, as everyone's been complaining about recently, does put your mobile phonebook into the 'contacts' bit on Facebook.

I was just wondering if there's any way of getting my contacts from Facebook onto the phone?
I'd obviously rather not type them all out manually.

I hope this makes sense, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, number syncing is in one direction only (to Facebook). It's only links to Facebook profiles and contact pictures you can take from Facebook to phone contacts.

I know it doesn't help you now, but if you aren't able to keep a PC backup of your Blackberry then Google Sync can provide contacts, calender and gmail syncing so you don't loose all your basic information again.

On a side note, I don't understand why the Facebook phone contacts feature is getting so much attention at the moment as it was introduced over 3 years ago.

edit: It's just occurred to me that there will be third party apps to do this, and I've found one: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/7600

$2.99 though, not sure if there are any free ones or not, and it doesn't say for sure whether or not it imports phone numbers...
  • Options
    stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, I just set up my Gmail account on the phone again and it synced all of my contacts back onto the phone.. I didnt even realise Gmail saved them?
    What a relief.

Thanks for trying to help though.. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you can download blackberry protect too,it is free and it has other useful features