Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    Interestingly, Pete said it was cut because they needed to get the episode down to the right length and it was felt that actually the post-fire looks kind of said it all, and that this scene didn't really add anything.

I still would have liked the scene #greedy :sleep: :p

Thanks for all the work you and everyone else did getting this weekend together hunny *mwah* :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Alex, and of course to Pete! Such a special thing to have :)
    Interestingly, Pete said it was cut because they needed to get the episode down to the right length and it was felt that actually the post-fire looks kind of said it all, and that this scene didn't really add anything.

Wow, really? How can a look convey all of that? I don't get it.

Might raid my piggy bank and send it off to Elstree in exchange for missing clips. There must be SO many. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Pete for sharing that...

I love him and I love that scene.........

and like Martine....I want to shoot the Editors....we were denied so much, :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

-_____________-
    *shakes fist at the editors!!*
    crazysusan wrote: »
    thank you for all you did and all the other stuff people have posted today xx

Thank you sweetie, you too ((hugs))
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished all the parts of the NHB interview. He's such a sweetheart! Thanks Alex and Mercs, and Dessie! :D
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    S: (genuine, being brave) What we had - it was beautiful. The best.

:cry::cry::cry:

:cry:
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's my favourite bit.
    Firstly, that Syed 'being brave' is him admitting his feelings, letting Christian see through his stupid sham marriage. They had a really vitriolic fight, Christian walked out on him, then came back and was sarcastic and still Syed is reaching out, showing how much he cares. <3

Also, that 'the best' was echoed in the exit scenes - 'That day, that was the best day.' I think Pete thinks Chryed are the best. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But we did get gems like Whitney and Moon brother's balloons and Billy stealing post and Kat shagging a shadow, in their place....and you can't put a price on gold like that :sleep:

:D:D:D Billy stealing post was ground breaking. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But we did get gems like Whitney and Moon brother's balloons and Billy stealing post and Kat shagging a shadow, in their place....and you can't put a price on gold like that :sleep:

Ah yes, the balloons. Symbolic for...absolutely nothing :sleep:

ETA: Tell a lie. The balloons were symbolic for my attention/interest in anything in EE that wasn't Chryed/Masood related :sleep:

Billy's post, whatever happened to that?? Most pointless storyline ever?
  • Options
    kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    That's my favourite bit.
    Firstly, that Syed 'being brave' is him admitting his feelings, letting Christian see through his stupid sham marriage. They had a really vitriolic fight, Christian walked out on him, then came back and was sarcastic and still Syed is reaching out, showing how much he cares. <3

Also, that 'the best' was echoed in the exit scenes - 'That day, that was the best day.' I think Pete thinks Chryed are the best. :sleep:

Oh Alex..... :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

waves
    :D

how could we hope to compete with such classic moments:sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Ah yes, the balloons. Symbolic for...absolutely nothing :sleep:

I genuinely can't even remember Moon brother's name....think I blocked it out!

I still live in hope that Billy will be arrested for it :sleep:
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg!

All Hail Pete Lawson!!!
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God! Thank you so much, Alex! I always wondered what the significance was of Syed taking Yasmin out there. I assumed it was there to show what a crap parent Amira was, and to show Chryed would end up with full custody, lol.

That was amaaaazing to read. 'What we had was beautiful. The best' made me tear up, ngl.

Though Christian's tacit approval of the tat stall hurts me deeply.

I feel like this is their justification for EVERY cut ever. 'Well, Johnny and Marc are grand, they'll pull it off, who needs 'dialogue'?' There's no way a couple of looks can convey the weight of that scene, no matter how fantastic the actors are.

I'm torn between eternal gratefulness we've got this now, and bitterness we didn't get it then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw and he called him by his pet name, even though they were sniping at each other. :cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D Billy stealing post was ground breaking. :sleep:

I would still argue that even that COULD have been good, but it seemed to come and go without really happening at all. If there'd been a build up, say Billy stealing one thing, just to tide him over, then doing it again, then doing it regularly, and maybe taking something that had an implication for another character, or someone finding out and threatening to expose him, or him having to go to court or SOMETHING! Again, missed opportunity...
  • Options
    ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex - thank you - I really love some of it even if it's too little of Everything.
    Pete Lawson is truly and genuinely awesome though, he really is. In basically every single way. /Fact
    This!!! By the end it felt like EE playing a game 'in how little screen time can we tell this story?' :sleep:

Hey elphie so good to see you here again!

I know, they actually must have been doing just that. When they didn't play the game of "How little can we actually get Marc to say?" :sleep:
    OMG, I don't even know what to say. Except there must be SO many more cut scenes like that which we never got to see. Weeh. :cry:

There really must have been. Is. Outraged. All.Over. Again.

Let's not forget endless scenes of Derek Branning eating breakfast, Derek Branning walking around, Derek Branning going "Faaamily.... Branning", Derek Branning sitting, Derek Branning breathing, Derek Branning....

I literally don't know how I would've survived without them :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I genuinely can't even remember Moon brother's name....think I blocked it out!

I still live in hope that Billy will be arrested for it :sleep:

Wasn't it Tyler? Or was that the actor's name :o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw and he called him by his pet name, even though they were sniping at each other. :cry::cry:

It's another example of Syed reaching out, showing he hasn't forgotten, is not letting it go. *sigh*
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get over that script. Jesus. :cry:

Nothing, they realised how crap it was and ended it (I assume).

I adored how they had Syed and Amira in a horrid marriage, Syed barely holding on, Amira confused and insecure and trying her best, Zainab barely able to hide her contempt, and they decide to involve the Masoods in a... post-stealing storyline. It was truly groundbreaking. Even when soaps are strong, they're still a bit crap at times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    kqv wrote: »
    I'm still in shock. :eek:

Thank you Alex! :)

Thank you Pete! :)

Oh Johnny and Marc...I can see this whole scene in my head, clear as day....:cry::cry:

BIB: This! Yes Kathy, I can too, immediately!

lol!
    (aghh)

Beautiful line!!!! So Pete. Thank you Pete!
    Feeling lost for words......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would still argue that even that COULD have been good, but it seemed to come and go without really happening at all. If there'd been a build up, say Billy stealing one thing, just to tide him over, then doing it again, then doing it regularly, and maybe taking something that had an implication for another character, or someone finding out and threatening to expose him, or him having to go to court or SOMETHING! Again, missed opportunity...

Perhaps the person in charge of the Billy Post storyline got the sack. Oh dear, I really didn't mean that to be a pun.:o:o
    You're right, story editors fault methinks.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Alex! :D x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't it Tyler? Or was that the actor's name :o:o:o

Oooo yeah think that was it! You're totes a secret Moon brother fan :sleep: :p

I love Clarkey, it's so unashamedly cheesy but wonderfully cute :D
  • Options
    ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:sleep: and :rolleyes: to infinity

(not to Pete, naturally...:p )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooo yeah think that was it! You're totes a secret Moon brother fan :sleep: :p

I am, I cannot deny it any longer :sleep: You all thought I was tuning in for Chryed...pfft.