Options

So has Lady Gaga's G.U.Y. actually been released as a single yet and flopped or what?

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm thats interesting.

So much for Gaga's love and peace nonsense then. Maybe Katy's success is starting to unnerve her.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would seem so maybe G.U.Y not doing so well has got her worried.
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's fed up of always being criticised for copying when the same is not said of Katy, despite there being many similarities. Who knows? Or maybe it's not a dig at all. Gaga certainly didn't invent horses or wear green wigs first. Maybe it's not meant as a dig at all. No idea really! Either way, at this point it doesn't look good and makes her look petty! Whatever happened to the Gaga that was media savvy I don't know, every step she takes these days is misjudged!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she's fed up of always being criticised for copying when the same is not said of Katy, despite there being many similarities. Who knows? Or maybe it's not a dig at all. Gaga certainly didn't invent horses or wear green wigs first. Maybe it's not meant as a dig at all. No idea really! Either way, at this point it doesn't look good and makes her look petty! Whatever happened to the Gaga that was media savvy I don't know, every step she takes these days is misjudged!!

either way it does seem like an attack from someone who is doing less well and is lashing out. Aswell as a few days ago she was saying ''Why should I care about KP'' at some event it just looks petty and jealous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it doesn't come over well. She's obviously struggling and it's sad to have to watch if I'm honest. If it bothers her, I'd rather she channelled that into making better music and organising a more coherent album campaign. If that tweet was meant to be a jibe, it's all rather juvenile to be honest.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has probs got a lot of pressure on her because i can imagine her label breathing down a neck for her to have a hit.

While her comments on what seems to be about KP can be seen as childish, she is entitled to say what she thinks. She could of said much worse.
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga really doesn't like that Katy Perry is more successful than her, does she?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Whatever it was meant as, saying negative things about Katy Perry isn't the way she wants to go ... It just looks bitter & if I'm honest a little desperate.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wrote 'seems mechanical horses and green wigs are a thing now'

Dunno whether she was criticising Katy, or merely pointing out other ways in which the media try and make a thing against them.

If she is going for Katy for copying then I think she should look in the mirror before doing so. There are definitely similarities between their aesthetics, Katy def started 'crazying' it up after Gaga came on the scene, but having been on the receiving end of copying allegations herself, you'd think Gaga would refrain. Even though there'd been press articles about how similar the Prismatic tour is to stuff Gaga's done, and all that kerfuffle with single/album/tour dates being very close together - I don't think she should have tweeted that.

I'm not impressed at all tbh - so much for online kindness and not pitting females against each other. I can only hope there's been a misunderstanding. This won't end well for Gaga, and if Katy remained silent that would be the best outcome.

I'm still going to artRave in October, and whilst I think Gaga is more talented performance-wise than most of her contemporaries, her behaviour and attitude in recent times is really putting me off. I'm disappointed by her and am finding it increasingly hard to defend somebody who seems so lacking in self-awareness. By bringing up Katy in a comparing manner, it shows her ego really is bruised by the state of her own career. She should focus on her own tour and making her next album more of a success. I don't think Katy is as innocent and all sweetness as she likes to appear, and as I said before, I feel she does perhaps watch too closely what Gaga's doing and done before, BUT having set herself up as the 'Goddess of Love' or whatever, Gaga is further accelerating her own decline.

I can only hope for her sake its a misunderstanding, because if not, I don't see this ending well for her.

Gagas not in a position to criticise a person for ripping off another act. Have we already forgotten the BTW / madonna debacle??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    Gaga really doesn't like that Katy Perry is more successful than her, does she?

Gaga comes across as petulant and bitter on Twitter. She should have better PR awareness than this.
    In order to get over this blip she needs to (publicly at least) IGNORE it and focus on her tour & next album
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Gagas not in a position to criticise a person for ripping off another act. Have we already forgotten the BTW / madonna debacle??

No, I already said that in my post.... That was my whole point - if she is accusing Katy of copying, it's a bit rich after everything she's been accused of!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I already said that in my post.... That was my whole point - if she is accusing Katy of copying, it's a bit rich after everything she's been accused of!

And in this instance it was simply green hair, her coming out on a horse (whilst performing Dark Horse) and a bikini with shells whilst performing California Gurls. It's all pretty explanatory which makes it look even more pathetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the vomiting paint interlude of the tour.

Tbh there are comparisons, but I think there could be with almost anything. Nothing is truly original in pop culture these days apparently. Anyway, regardless of whether the claims are founded or not, not a smart PR move on Gaga's part.
  • Options
    madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with LD is I am never sure if she is being complimentary, tongue and check, or just blatantly insulting. You are never sure if she is just being a bit sarcastic knowing how media portray things or if she truly believes her own hype of being some sort of innovative artistic artist ( contrived Trollop). But sadly she just always comes across as a second rate Madonna wannabe who is so bitter about any other young female artist who is more popular than herself. Realistically she has had one great album followed by a mediocre second album and a complete flop of a third album. A fantastic run of first singles but it's been a downward spiral of thinking your better than you are and over hyping your own material. The sad thing is she spent too much time the likes Elton John she has become the same bitter twisted non artistic green eyed monster. The reason why KP and other artists are doing better us they are likeable something she seems to have forgotten about.
    It's just such a shame that someone who appears to have so much talent has focused on being more interested in being self indulgent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the vomiting paint interlude of the tour.

Tbh there are comparisons, but I think there could be with almost anything. Nothing is truly original in pop culture these days apparently. Anyway, regardless of whether the claims are founded or not, not a smart PR move on Gaga's part.

There are comparisons but not to the extent of what she herself has done. And exactly as your say at a moment when she has had her first truly flop single whilst KP is excelling just bitter and petty.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can all try and make excuses for G.U.Y. being a flop - "it's a post album single", "she's trying too hard", "she doesn't care about sales", "there wasn't enough promo"

The bottom line is, Gaga is over. ARTPOP is a total mess of an album, it's sold poorly and it can't spawn any more hits singles because it doesn't HAVE any hit singles. It's shit. G.U.Y. is one of the better ones on the album, but it's one of the best of a very, very bad bunch. It flopped because it deserved to flop. And I hope Gaga continues to flop, because I think she's an absolute joke.
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    We can all try and make excuses for G.U.Y. being a flop - "it's a post album single", "she's trying too hard", "she doesn't care about sales", "there wasn't enough promo"

The bottom line is, Gaga is over. ARTPOP is a total mess of an album, it's sold poorly and it can't spawn any more hits singles because it doesn't HAVE any hit singles. It's shit. G.U.Y. is one of the better ones on the album, but it's one of the best of a very, very bad bunch. It flopped because it deserved to flop. And I hope Gaga continues to flop, because I think she's an absolute joke.
    Couldnt have put it better really. Thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I found that harsh & Im a renowed Gaga... uh... "detractor" ( sounds better than hater) on DS.

I agree that the height of her career is behind her. I don't think the songs off ARTPOP are terrible ( tbh Prism has weaker material on it & i say that as a Katy fan). I think GUY, Gypsy, Manicure & sex Dreams could all potentially be hits. they're not intrinsically bad. But her ARTPOP angle has been a spectacular misfire. They're simply not gonna be hits cos the public have tired of Gaga. People are sick of the pretentious behaviour & unfortunately her reaction to a decline in popularity has been temper tantrums on Twither & more stunts. Neither will help her.
    I suspect she won't reach her peak again- she hasn't dealt with her knockbacks well.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are comparisons between them because their image and artistry is just so shallow. I'm sick of Gaga being hailed as an artist, she's a wavering pop star and her work is materialistic. The same goes for Katy Perry.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    GUY hasn't flopped - it isn't officially released until Monday ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GUY hasn't flopped - it isn't officially released until Monday ?

Whether or not released ''officially'' it has been available since November. If it were going anywhere it would have by now.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga seems like such a bitter b*tch these days. She needs a big hit. And soon.
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly! Im a HUGE Katy Perry fan but even I can see why Prism wasn't the dark album she promised-because no body would want a dark Katy Perry and nobody knows that better than Katy Perry! Gaga has become a characature in and of herself. She's an absolute joke and she hates it. Artpop is a crap album and people are realising Gaga is just an attention seeker who yes can sing but is more interested in the theatrics and being 'out there' than the actual music, although she of course says different and early on she had the songs to back it up but now she doesn't.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it really strange that an artist with a huge fanbase, millions of twitter followers can flop so bigly, like yeah some hits aren't as big but she really does seem to have just dropped off the radar.

It just goes to show that it doesn't matter how many followers you have or how many trends her fans want to get going, a bad song is a bad song and people won't support it.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as Twitter followers go, I'm pretty sure it's been proven in studies that like 50% of the people following her are spam accounts.