World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIV (Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dax 21 wrote: »
    The feed for me only stop for me twice for a few seconds I dint go online till after the show ended

Mine only settled down, after a nightmare start of refreshing the page, when the Paige/AJ match was on. But when it came on the screen froze for a few seconds and then started up.
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    WM - Reigns I think is the answer I think. I'm not a fan of the rumoured 7-month reign with him only appearing once (or twice at best) a month but think that's the way they're going. I do think there are various major issues with it (and I'm not a particularly big fan) but I think that's the way they'll go

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Orton now. I think maybe we'll get a rematch with Reigns at NOC but it's difficult to tell what'll happen with him after that or if that scenario doesn't happen. And I do think he needs a big win again soon - as he now hasn't won on PPV since Elimination Chamber. I love the fact he puts so many people people over and is so willing to job but he needs a big win every often to still be a big scalp for his opponents for a while yet.

Plus I do think Orton is the unsung star of this Summerslam. Everyone will quite rightly mention the wonderful Rollins v Ambrose match, Steph's surprising skill in-ring and Lesnar's sheer power and intensity and all those things are quite rightly getting heavy praise.
    However, I thought Orton really brought his A-game at Summerslam and I enjoyed the match with Reigns which had some really big spots (and he really was good at getting the crowd invested in the match) and I think the quality was down to Orton much more than Reigns (who was decent and I do think is being turned on a bit by some people but looked like he was being carried a bit).
    It's frustrating because Reigns beating Lesnar at WM would be great, but it just seems very unlikely. Still, it's possible.

As for Orton, I agree, he put on a great performance. I really wish he went straight into a vicious viper mode. He needs to be taken more seriously and become a legit threat to everyone!
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent PPV!

The Miz v Ziggler was excellent, especially that moment when the fameasser bounced straight into the skullcrushing finale.

Paige and AJ was another excellent match. Ma girl Paige winning made the PPV for me :D I think there is still more these two can give in the ring against each other, but its laid a good foundation

Swagger v Rusev was an okay match, great build up but on the big stage didn't really deliver for me. I was hoping or a Swagger win but alas :( Still the crowd getting behind Swagger and that We The People chant was great to hear.

Rollins v Ambrose = Crappy gimmick but amazing match. Was hoping Rollins would powerbomb Ambrose off the balcony, but PG of course lol. The only thing that let it down was Kane appearing, I understand why he did but I felt it took away from the amazing story they were both telling.

Wyatt v Y2J, another okay match nothing really stood out for me here. Really feels like Bray is floundering a little right now story-wise. The writers needs come up with something fresh and exciting soon.

Brie v Stephanie was much better than I expected. Steph definitely does still have it :D Will be iteresting to see where this sister feud goes now

Reigns v Orton I found myself drifting in and out of this match. I wasn't really bothered about the build up and so I guess that's why I wasn't too interested.

Lesnar v Cena, jjheeze! Was like a glorified squash match! Love how strong they made Lesnar look, i'm really excited to see what happens now.

Can't wait for Raw tonight!
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an utter disgrace. >:(

They'll be removing the gold standard of the WWE Shelton Benjamin next. >:(

And risk upsetting his mother? I doubt even Lesnar wouldn't dare do that.:D
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    Rey Mysterio really isn't happy in the WWE it seems. He was involved in this #FreeRey promo.
  • Ross1874Ross1874 Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Brock will drop the title to Batista
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross1874 wrote: »

Good god :kitty::o
  • Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah that will get them up to 1M subs NOT:)
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rey Mysterio really isn't happy in the WWE it seems. He was involved in this #FreeRey promo.

Heard he stopped cashing his cheques as well. Hard one for me not really a top level place for him bit with injuries lately I think we owes WWE something
    Forum Member
    Alberto Del Rio discussed his WWE termination for the first time on Mexican television on Monday morning. Below are some notes from the segment:

The incident occurred backstage at the August 5, 2014 Smackdown taping in Laredo, Texas. This is in fact where Del Rio cut the strange promo on the August 5, 2014 episode of WWE Main Event (full results here) on the WWE Network.

Del Rio confirmed it was WWE social media manager Cody Barbierri that he slapped and that he acted unprofessionally. He said he was embarrassed by his actions.

The incident was witnessed by many, including Jack Swagger, who Del Rio mentioned by name.
    Alberto confirmed our report that when he confronted Barbierri and requested he apologize, Barbierri smiled. This is when he slapped him.

Vince McMahon met with Del Rio after the incident and told him to go back to work. He said it was the next day that Triple H called to inform him that WWE had terminated his contract.

Del Rio’s WWE contract was coming up in February 2015 and he wasn’t planning on re-signing due to the hectic travel schedule.
  • SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lesnar burying Cena was glorious Brock is a true champion and a MANS MAN Cena is a pansy and was rightfully booked as one.
    Forum Member
    SRW wrote: »
    Lesnar burying Cena was glorious Brock is a true champion and a MANS MAN Cena is a pansy and was rightfully booked as one.

I'm sure HE would knock you OUT with A single PUNCH
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    On the official WWE YouTube channel - Stephanie accepts the "Ice Bucket Challenge"

:D

Mrs Game is awesome. :cool:

What he said.
    Steph is awesome. Love her nominating an entire team too - that's Our Steph.

Have to say her attire too from Sumemrslam/that video was quite like Seth Rollins's usual ring gear. I've heard people on other sites call her "Steph Rollins" based on it (I didn't make it up honest). :D

Though one question - I see her a lot on WWE TV and I honestly don't mean this in a bad way but who is Maria Menounos (spelling?). She appears there seems a nice person (and is friends with Our Steph too) but she appears from time to time on WWE as a celebrity and I have no clue who she is.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know what what would be worse another Bluetista Title reign or an Eva Marie Divas Title reign. :o:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On this date (18th August) in WWE History Summerslam 1996 and 2013 happened.

Summerslam 1996 - The ending of the Taker/Mankind Boiler Room Brawl match. :(

Summerslam 2013 - I enjoyed the CM Punk/Brock Lesnar match.
  • seibuseibu Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught Summerslam. Top to bottom the best WWE PPV I can remember watching in recent years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So on this day a year ago, the Authority was born.

Happy Birthday The Authority! Doing what's Best for Business for one year - long may they continue. :D
  • SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure HE would knock you OUT with A single PUNCH

I'd love to see him try
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully Raw will be good again tonight. :)
    Though one question - I see her a lot on WWE TV and I honestly don't mean this in a bad way but who is Maria Menounos (spelling?). She appears there seems a nice person (and is friends with Our Steph too) but she appears from time to time on WWE as a celebrity and I have no clue who she is.

Maria Menounos - it says on here she's an actress, journalist and TV hostess.
    Forum Member
    What he said.
    Steph is awesome. Love her nominating an entire team too - that's Our Steph.

Have to say her attire too from Sumemrslam/that video was quite like Seth Rollins's usual ring gear. I've heard people on other sites call her "Steph Rollins" based on it (I didn't make it up honest). :D

She's a TV host and actress. She's been in One Tree Hill and hosted an entertainment/celeb talk show thing.
    Forum Member
    SRW wrote: »
    I'd love to see him try

Not as much as I would
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also, on this day In 1997, Shawn Michaels and HHH teamed together against Undertaker and Mankind, forming a team which would go on to be called D-Generation X.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, on this day In 1997, Shawn Michaels and HHH teamed together against Undertaker and Mankind, forming a team which would go on to be called D-Generation X.

Never heard of them. Did the group last long? :confused::confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howabout90 wrote: »
    Never heard of them. Did the group last long? :confused::confused::confused:

If only there was some service which offered access to old PPV's which I could subscribe to and find out.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the info on Maria Menounos. The only question I have is if she's an actress or TV host? :D

After that MNF match I need cheering up (especially since I'm not felling too well and need to be up early tomorrow) so Raw better deliver tonight >:(:D
    If only there was some service which offered access to old PPV's which I could subscribe to and find out.:D

Maybe you should Tout WWE and suggest they create such a service. :D

I'm hoping tonight we get the German announce team instead of Cole or Lawler. I'd mark for one of the German commentators randomly saying 'Moneymaker' mid-way through commentary. :D
This discussion has been closed.