***** THE LOTTERY - Season 1 (US Pace) *****

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Its getting rave reviews...I cannot wait for this :D

Set in a world destined for extinction as women have stopped having children. When remarkably 100 embryos are successfully fertilized, a national lottery is held to decide the surrogates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4nd3txZTAM

Starts on Sunday :)

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a world without children but that looks too soapy for my liking.

Although will give it a try.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a world without children but that looks too soapy for my liking.

Although will give it a try.
    It is on Lifetime although reviews are saying that critics are surprised it isn't airing on FX or AMC.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this. It's going to be very light on the sci-fi apparently. But it has a great female cast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So did anyone watch? I thought itwas a nice set up. Huge potential.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good start, not as soapy as I thought it might be, lots of intrigue.

A good cast, especially the lead female.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the title I thought it was about the lottery and people winning, i'm going to give it a go later in the week.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the Pilot last night, pretty interesting! I like the lead actress and I love Martin Donovan as the baddie, I'm in.

Strange title for the genre it's set in I thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    xander63 wrote: »
    Watched the Pilot last night, pretty interesting! I like the lead actress and I love Martin Donovan as the baddie, I'm in.

Strange title for the genre it's set in I thought.

It's a shame they couldn't call it 'Children of Men: The Series'.

But being on Lifetime that probably wouldn't work either. :)
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame they couldn't call it 'Children of Men: The Series'.

But being on Lifetime that probably wouldn't work either. :)

According to This Guardian review it's written and produced by the same guy who did the screenplay for "Children of men".

As you can see though, the Guardian thinks this is a stinker...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    According to This Guardian review it's written and produced by the same guy who did the screenplay for "Children of men".

As you can see though, the Guardian thinks this is a stinker...

That review is a bit harsh, although I agree the lead looks like Heather Graham. :)
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really enjoyed this, perky and smart, and very little wasted in it's running time
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    really enjoyed this, perky and smart, and very little wasted in it's running time

Thank goodness... I really enjoyed the first episode and if it continued at this pace I'd certainly be along for the ride! :cool: :blush:
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this waterboarding thing... now me I assumed that the idea was you covered the mouth and nose with a cloth and applied water - this making the victim feel as if they were drowning.

Turns out you leave their nose free so they can breath through it; cover just their mouth with a cloth and apply water - this making the victim feel as if her lipstick will run

What happens if your victim is wearing waterproof lipstick - will she be impervious to interrogation? Is this why they moved on to her mascara?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    So this waterboarding thing... now me I assumed that the idea was you covered the mouth and nose with a cloth and applied water - this making the victim feel as if they were drowning.

Turns out you leave their nose free so they can breath through it; cover just their mouth with a cloth and apply water - this making the victim feel as if her lipstick will run

What happens if your victim is wearing waterproof lipstick - will she be impervious to interrogation? Is this why they moved on to her mascara?
    Yes I noticed her nose was clear of the cloth.

I thought it was a health and safety thing for the actress.
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone still watching. Kyle is gorgeous and so is James too, but I suspect he'll meet a nasty end by the end of the series.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Its getting rave reviews...I cannot wait for this :D

I'm always wary of shows where the IMDB rating dips below 7.5

This has a rating of 5.7. That means either everyone who has reviewed this has an agenda or it really is rubbish
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always wary of shows where the IMDB rating dips below 7.5

This has a rating of 5.7. That means either everyone who has reviewed this has an agenda or it really is rubbish

Or a certain type of person rates and participates on online forums. If the show interests you, just watch it. I imagine by the end of a shows run, it's overall rating dips too.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is Mrs President just being nice or planning to fix the lottery to give that lady an egg, then once it has been born, arrange for the mom to be kill so she can have the baby for herself ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that felt like a 'We know we're getting cancelled' type ending, especially with them going off to Canada with a spare egg, and the 100 going off to the island.

It wasn't a bad series but there was just something missing I can't put my finger on.
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I can't see them gettting another season from it.