The Saturdays' Appreciation Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the sats have debuted their new single at a Gig in USA , its called What About Us.
    What about us in the UK ...excuse the pun lol I cant wait to hear it! exciting times ahead

:)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I like the title! I'm even more excited to hear it :D
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    So excited for the new single
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're going to the VMAs... apparently they might be doing the red carpet too (not sure if that's a definite but if they are, what an incredible way to start getting their name and image out there!). Soo exciting!! I really hope they get some good solid promo lined up.. stuff like The Today Show/Good Morning America/Ellen etc etc would be great, of course when the single is released over there in January.

Fingers crossed for them.. I really have high hopes for them... their image is very American and universal - far more than other British girl groups IMO so they've a good shot in that instance, they really need excellent material, no subpar messes. They can't afford it. And I hope they know they REALLY need to work their asses off over there - hope they're not relying on the E! series too much. They need to do everything - radio interiews and tours etc. But even if it doesn't work out over there, at least they tried. Can't fault them for that.:)
    Forum Member
    When are the VMAs? Any more news on when they're going to be premiering the new single? If the new single release goes down well in the US then they need to release an album over there. I think they should release a Singles Collection of all their past UK singles and maybe a second disc with some album tracks from all the albums. And I definitely think the motown version of Why Me, Why Now from the 2009 Work Tour should be on whatever album/compilation they release in the US. In fact I would release that as the second single and Higher with Flo Rida as the third single.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    Nice pics! Only just seen them now as I had been in lectures and then I was travelling home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »

aww! cutest baby ever!
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on popjustice posted a link to them performing What About Us at the VMA after party :)

https://vimeo.com/49010372

I like it! Theirs one bit of the song stuck im my head right now lol :D
    Forum Member
    Wow I love it :D Can't wait for the studio version!

Here's the performance on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2mbQf2TcY4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What About Us Instumental?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyK1EmAdKdw
    Forum Member
    Sounds great so far :D Can't wait to hear the full studio version! Sounds nothing like All Fired Up though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    So what is it then? Just some random tune someone made in Apple GarageBand or whatever? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're on the same label in America as the likes of Rihanna and Bieber. :)

Tbh I'm not holding out much hope of them being big out there but it'd be great to see them achieve some sort of success out there. They've grafted and worked their butts off since 2008, they didn't come from any huge reality shows to propel them to overnight fame, they worked right from the bottom. I'll be the first to admit they're hardly truly HUGE in the UK, and they never seem to fully reach their potential but they have made an impact with 11 top 10s (including some top notch pop songs of the last few years in the form of Higher/All Fired Up/Up/Ego/Notorious/Issues.. not to mention plenty of tracks on their albums) and coming up for 4 million records sold in as many years. I admire their drive and determination, never giving up when times have been tough for them. They're lovely, genuine and down to earth girls and I find that appealing too. And they do have talent - their live lounges prove that. They definitely need to do some acoustic sets with Una and her guitar too when doing promo in America. When they're on form, they're brilliant... when they're not, it's a different story. They always need to be on form out there, there's no second chances now. I say good on them though for trying their luck and working hard for it out there, now is the time to do it - whether it goes to plan or not.

They need to do a hardcore radio tour out in the states too. There's a rumour that their first single is to premiere on Ryan Seacrest's radio show (KIIS), which would make some sense what with his involvement with E!, which the girls reality show/pilot/whatever it is is with. Also rumours of the girls being managed by Scooter Braun in the States alongside their usual management and a track with Dr Luke too (not sure how authentic that is though... but the Darkchild and Diane Warren rumours are true so who knows!)

Although their styling for America needs to go back to how it was during the Headlines era... particularly the styling for the Higher video. They each looked unique and relatable compared to their current styling. Or similar, anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like What About Us its really catchy! specially the Chorus and the na na na na na bits I am looking forward to hearing the studio version of it. I hope it does well here in the UK it maybe could even go to #1 as January is usually a quite month? I think without even hearing the studio version it may be in my top 3 of Sats songs along with Higher and AFU. :)
    Forum Member
    Another Saturdays-related non-story from the Daily Fail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2211568/The-Saturdays-pins-spend-day-LA-recording-studio.html

It must be a slow news day :rolleyes:
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I always associate their music with winter, particularly their first album. I'm listening to some of it now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Haha, me too mimicole! :D Why Me, Why Now in particular has a very Christmas-ey sound I think.
    Forum Member
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    ^ Haha, me too mimicole! :D Why Me, Why Now in particular has a very Christmas-ey sound I think.

Maybe it should have been the third single instead of Issues! Reminds me of my Christmas hols from university in 2008 :D In fact the whole album reminds me of that year when college was all new to me, in particular first year Economics classes ;) Ego reminds me of the pompous git I had as a lecturer in first and second year (he went off to America for the year and when he came back he was really arrogant and bragging about how wonderful California was :rolleyes:). I think he needed to have a sit down with his Ego :p

Sorry if I'm rambling...
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it should have been the third single instead of Issues! Reminds me of my Christmas hols from university in 2008 :D In fact the whole album reminds me of that year when college was all new to me, in particular first year Economics classes ;) Ego reminds me of the pompous git I had as a lecturer in first and second year (he went off to America for the year and when he came back he was really arrogant and bragging about how wonderful California was :rolleyes:). I think he needed to have a sit down with his Ego :p

Sorry if I'm rambling...

If anything, it should have been released instead of Work. The Saturdays not having released Issues as a single is unthinkable!
    Forum Member
    If anything, it should have been released instead of Work. The Saturdays not having released Issues as a single is unthinkable!

Well maybe if the Comic Relief single hadn't been released then they could have released it. Work is a good song but it failed because it was released too late and because of MJ's death and all his songs in the charts.