Options

Top 10 Best Selling Horror DVDs

swanseacragswanseacrag Posts: 244
Forum Member
http://horror-films-on-amazon.blogspot.co.uk/

I would have thought that one of the paranormal activity films would have been one of them :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    what a weird list.

13 Ghosts and no The Shining? :confused:
    Blade but no American Werewolf? :confused:

if it really is 'officially' the top ten selling horror DVD's then I'm assuming that crap like 13 Ghosts might have outsold other horror films due to it being released in the heyday of the format, hence that is why it made it onto that list....but I can't think of any other reason why 13 Ghosts would make it onto a top 10 list (unless it was a top 10 shittiest films, obviously:p).
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How Hanibal is at two and Silence Of The Lambs is at 8 baffles me.
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised that the 13 Ghosts remake is even on there actually.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I'm calling BS on that list, i can't believe for one second that Thirteen Ghosts has outsold some of the other films on that list.
  • Options
    DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    List appears to be complete rubbish.

Alien - Bestsellers Rank: 1,863
    Thirteen Ghosts - Bestsellers Rank: 4,514
  • Options
    Brian_Murphy1Brian_Murphy1 Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    There is no way that list is correct
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Hannibal was a brand new release in 2001 while SotL was a back-catalogue release of a film that had been available on VHS for a decade.

It seems DVD really became the dominant format in 2000/2001 and people were enjoying the novelty of buying recent cinema releases without the 6-12 month "rental window" which had protected the vested interests of video shops. As a result, films such as Hannibal, 13 Ghosts and The Sixth Sense would have shifted a lot of units in their first few weeks of release.
  • Options
    swanseacragswanseacrag Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    what a weird list.

13 Ghosts and no The Shining? :confused:
    Blade but no American Werewolf? :confused:

if it really is 'officially' the top ten selling horror DVD's then I'm assuming that crap like 13 Ghosts might have outsold other horror films due to it being released in the heyday of the format, hence that is why it made it onto that list....but I can't think of any other reason why 13 Ghosts would make it onto a top 10 list (unless it was a top 10 shittiest films, obviously:p).

But would the shining really be in the top ten selling horror dvds? It is a classic I admit
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    Bull. No Psycho, Jaws, The Shining, Scream, Gremlins? I don't think so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    The links to the DVD's are probably Amazon affiliate links, and that was probably the whole purpose of creating the page. Don't think you can read much into the actual list.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon I've seen every movie in that list for £2.99 at some point in the past few years, hence why they'll have sold more.

I remember 6th sense being a huge DVD release, with loads of stands and pretty sure it was packaged with a lot of DVD players to begin with as well.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree. How Hannibal is there at all is mystery in itself. I thought the Exorcist would be higher up and also Seven was not there at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member

Absolutely agree...Silence of the lambs should be at 2 and Hannibal wouldnt even make the top 20 IMO...a very mediocre film.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This isn't about quality, though. It's based on DVD sales at Amazon, isn't it? The only thing that surprises me is the inclusion of Blade. I'd always thought it was a paranormal action thriller.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Yeah I would not really class Blade as a Horror, its an action film as Takae said :D
  • Options
    Hyper_IntakeHyper_Intake Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Scream would have been on there. I mean 13 Ghosts? :confused:
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal are thrillers not horror.