LG Nexus 4 officially announced

Comments

• SadmeHappySadmeHappy Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    Looks like Nexus4 T-mobile USA version is supported by micro SD card.

Check out under featurse, 2nd row....

16GB Built-in memory
    Take advantage of 16 GB of built-in memory and fill it up with fun photos, videos, music and more.- expandable up to 64 GB with a microSD card.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/cell-phone-detail.aspx?cell-phone=Google-Nexus-4

can any one confirm in UK if they received with sd card slot?
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SadmeHappy wrote: »

16GB Built-in memory
    Take advantage of 16 GB of built-in memory and fill it up with fun photos, videos, music and more.- expandable up to 64 GB with a microSD card.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/cell-phone-detail.aspx?cell-phone=Google-Nexus-4

all the american reviews i've seen (on youtube etc) all state that no sd card slot
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

16GB Built-in memory

I think this is just a mistake, the Nexus 4 does not have an SD card slot.
  • SadmeHappySadmeHappy Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    all the american reviews i've seen (on youtube etc) all state that no sd card slot

maybe t-mobile is having different version with sd card.....
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe t-mobile is having different version with sd card.....

unlikely.
    LG make the phone as per the specs google want. there won't be a different version just for one local carrier.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I think this is just a mistake, the Nexus 4 does not have an SD card slot.

Yeah, almost certainly a mistake.
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    Child, you have much to leanr about Nexus.

Child, you have much to learn about how the Nexus product line has evolved.

Just take a look at Google's Nexus landing page, and the product information pages here:

http://www.google.com/nexus/

They are clearly targeting the Nexus range at consumers now, and this shift in targeting was visible with the launch of the Galaxy Nexus and has been very obvious since the Nexus 7 launched.

Take a look at the Nexus feed on Google+ too. Apart from a couple of posts relating to I/O in the summer it is all targeted at consumers, not developers.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Google has moved on from the 'developer' phone now. They've realised that affordable cutting edge hardware can benefit consumers and developers alike. There is no need for a distinction, and the Nexus range will always be appealing to developers because of the 'pure Android' status, while consumers will benefit from near instant updates.

The Nexus One and Nexus S were very much developer orientated phones, but it was clear from the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 onwards that Google wants these devices to be more prominent within the Android ecosystem.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Roush wrote: »
    Child, you have much to learn about how the Nexus product line has evolved.

Just take a look at Google's Nexus landing page, and the product information pages here:

http://www.google.com/nexus/

They are clearly targeting the Nexus range at consumers now, and this shift in targeting was visible with the launch of the Galaxy Nexus and has been very obvious since the Nexus 7 launched.

Take a look at the Nexus feed on Google+ too. Apart from a couple of posts relating to I/O in the summer it is all targeted at consumers, not developers.

Possibly but I would say Google are targeting both developers and consumers. The source code will be all over Xda dev and other developer sites before long. No change there whatsoever. Devs still regard the Nexus 4 in the same way they regard the Nexus S.

ETA it appears both the Nexus 7 3G and Nexus 4 is not part of AOSP because Qualcomm is very protective of its IP regarding GSM drivers. This failure to licence and the use of Qualcomm soc is possibly the reason why it is no longer a completely dev centric phone.

source - http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/13/jbq-the-nexus-4-is-not-supported-in-aosp-at-the-moment/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are desperate you can get the 16Gb from O2 on PAYG for £399.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »

ludicrous pricing, isn't it?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    paulbrock wrote: »

Wouldn't you then be locked to their dreadful network?
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen a auction on eBay for an unlocked LG Nexus 4 going for £760 with about 45 minutes to go.

Absolute insanity!
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Any news as to when to expect stock?

Google have been awful about this - theres absolutely nothing never mind the mess on the 13th.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    late8 wrote: »
    Any news as to when to expect stock?

Google have been awful about this - theres absolutely nothing never mind the mess on the 13th.

Engadget are saying a 3 week back order
  • Adam LawAdam Law Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First Android I seen and thought that's really cool, stock android is so much better than all the Samsung rubbish.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Engadget are saying a 3 week back order

bloody hell, how did they underestimate demand after so much hype????

I think its a marketing ploy TBH. Not only hype, but Google can flog it through other outlets like 02 for more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    late8 wrote: »
    bloody hell, how did they underestimate demand after so much hype????

I think its a marketing ploy TBH. Not only hype, but Google can flog it through other outlets like 02 for more.

Yeah I'm pretty annoyed, I have bought 2 iPhones at launch day with no issues...

I thought £240 was to good to be true and it loos that way!
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    Child, you have much to leanr about Nexus.

Dont patronise me. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pfft it's not like your a developer or anything :D:p
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member

Can I patronise you ? I'm no spring chicken :p
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pfft it's not like your a developer or anything :D:p

If only :D
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    Can I patronise you ? I'm no spring chicken :p

Sure :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine they're holding back stock for the carriers.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if its any consolation, the "3 week back order" actually applies to people that were successful and have handed over their cash. They got an email today saying "actually....it'll be ready in 3 weeks".

Cue lots of childish stamping of feet and terms like "major disaster" and "heartbroken" being thrown around. Honestly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if its any consolation, the "3 week back order" actually applies to people that were successful and have handed over their cash. They got an email today saying "actually....it'll be ready in 3 weeks".

Cue lots of childish stamping of feet and terms like "major disaster" and "heartbroken" being thrown around. Honestly.

Surely it can't be three weeks for everyone who managed to order one though. They must have had some stock to sell.