✭✭
    tulisa should be in jail
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    tulisa should be in jail

I wonder what someone else's fate would have been had they not been very well off and a celebrity? I do like Tulisa though.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I think Tulisa has ruined her chances, to be honest. But then it seemed Cheryl might have too after her assault case, yet her career not only survived but grew and prospered.

ah but the difference is cheryl had the assualt case then simon cowell took him under his wing made her an x factor star and nations sweetheart complete with tears but with tulisa its been the reverse she had the x factor and now looks to have completely f'd that up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not the new anything . .
    Tv/the media needs fodder, there's so many outlets these days.
    Just another talentless bint who's made a sex tape . .
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is this Tulisa of which you speak? Is it twenty four hours away or less?
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pair of them should get together and form a new band, Skanks Allowed.
    The Geordie one is undeniably attractive, until she speaks.
    The other one could probably make £20 per night as a brass at Kings Cross.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I wonder what someone else's fate would have been had they not been very well off and a celebrity? I do like Tulisa though.

Who knows but I don't think they'd be on remand or anything. Is she awaiting charges, on bail or are the CPS deciding if there's a case?
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just made me think actually. Since people still insist on bringing up Cole's conviction from ten years ago as if it defines her very existence, will the same thing happen with Tulisa ten years from now if she, as expected, receives some kind of conviction for facilitating a drug deal ?

At the end of the day, she's only the "new" Cheryl because people have stopped paying attention to Cole and started paying attention to Tulisa, so the media follows suit.

There are differences between the two cases which made it much easier for the public to forgive Cheryl. Firstly, most people will get into some kind of fight in their life time, so it's easy to relate to how Cheryl got involved in that crime. On the other hand most people will not be involved in providing class A drugs, and if they are it's down to a lack of money or their own drug habit - not a silly rich woman wanting to play gangstas and prove how "ghetto" she is.

Secondly, Cheryl claimed that she was acting in self defence. She was found guilty of ABH, but at least her claim is plausible. Also, the woman she punched lost her credibility somewhat when she falsely tried to play the race card. In Tulisa's case, I can't think of any plausible excuse for her to come up with, especially with all the boasting she did to the undercover journalist. I'm guessing that she'll trot out the old "bad childhood" BS, invent an imaginary drug problem, or claim the video is fake/edited.

Thirdly, Cheryl got into an unplanned fight, whereas Tulisa deliberately helped to provide drugs and seems to have been doing it for ages. Cheryl randomly got into a fight for whatever reason, but Tulisa has been getting herself involved with drug dealing when she's rich and has absolutely no need to be doing so.

Fourthly, drug dealing (or being involved in it, in Tulisa's case) seems to be seen as a more serious and damaging crime than getting into a fight/attacking someone in a nightclub toilet. Plus it's hard to imagine Cheryl doing real damage because she's so petite (although the woman's eye did look awful)

Finally, it's very hard to sympathise with Tulisa's pathetic delusions of ghetto grandeur, which is the reason she was helping to deal hard drugs, was boasting about how many dealers she knows, how she used to be ghetto and how Mike GLC was "my gangsta". Incredibly immature and pathetic for a woman in her mid-twenties. On the other hand, Cheryl was not being fake when she attacked/got into a fight with the woman, it just happened.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I find this so funny. All the time there's rappers getting into fights and being involved in drugs and nobody cares. But when a white female does it you get these people going on about it for years.

I'm not saying what they did isn't bad, but there's other celebrities doing so much worse. Drake, for example, has got into much bigger fights than Cheryl's thing, and he's openly involved with drugs, more than Tulisa, but I don't see people on Digital Spy hating on him and going on about what he does all the time.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    I find this so funny. All the time there's rappers getting into fights and being involved in drugs and nobody cares. But when a white female does it you get these people going on about it for years.

I'm not saying what they did isn't bad, but there's other celebrities doing so much worse. Drake, for example, has got into much bigger fights than Cheryl's thing, and he's openly involved with drugs, more than Tulisa, but I don't see people on Digital Spy hating on him and going on about what he does all the time.

Probably because far fewer people have ever heard of Drake.
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is also a great lack of information from both sides aswell, Tulisa may have been in the wrong (not defending her) but there may be other information we do not yet know. She could have simply been 'bigging herself up' in the conversation.

Like with Cheryl it wasn't revealed until years after that the woman attacked HER first and in the court it came out that the woman had a history or attacking people. Many people refuse to believe certain facts which can destory peoples lives and careers. Cheryl hasn't really done anything wrong since that incident and it is still being talked about.
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet7 wrote: »
    There is also a great lack of information from both sides aswell, Tulisa may have been in the wrong (not defending her) but there may be other information we do not yet know. She could have simply been 'bigging herself up' in the conversation.

Like with Cheryl it wasn't revealed until years after that the woman attacked HER first and in the court it came out that the woman had a history or attacking people. Many people refuse to believe certain facts which can destory peoples lives and careers. Cheryl hasn't really done anything wrong since that incident and it is still being talked about.

:eek: I didn't know this! She should never have been found guilty! It was self-defense! I respect Cheryl for defending herself so well against an attack. It was always suspicious to me that the woman starting spewing the racism BS.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    :eek: I didn't know this! She should never have been found guilty! It was self-defense! I respect Cheryl for defending herself so well against an attack. It was always suspicious to me that the woman starting spewing the racism BS.

We don't actually know it now - it's only Cheryl's version and not verified. The jury obviously didn't believe it and nor do I. I don't believe there was anything racist about the business though; the racist comments weren't in the woman's original statement, but were added later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Lots of interesting comments there. On one hand I think Tulisa has been very lucky to have been elevated to the status of possibly Britain's most famous woman, and Cheryl relegated, as this has bought her the fame she always wanted and lots of cash. She now lives in a huge mansion. However the press follow her every move now and that can't be nice. In the last couple of days there have been pap shots all over the media of her partying with her mates in Ibiza. The press are basically stalking her, but, bizarelly, stalking someone if you have a camera in your hand is not against the law.