Options

2 Nights in Bath

Lola UKLola UK Posts: 3,577
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello!

Myself and my partner are having our first weekend away together (eek :o) and have chosen Bath. I've heard amazing things and am really excited!

The problem is, neither of us has been and neither of us are token travellers, infact we are useless - I'm surprised we have managed to book a hotel! (10 minutes from centre)

Don't think I've been lazy and haven't looked around the internet for things to do myself, I have been trawling through the internet but finding it hard to place where things are, how far away they are, etc etc.

We will be driving to Bath, so will have a car but would prefer to walk to places as Ive heard parking is awful.

Obviously one of the days we will have to see the Roman baths :) (which I've been told is central?!)

Ive also been looking up boat trips - ideally would like a little walk, boat trip, have lunch in a nice pub la la la all very nice. Has anyone experienced Pulteney cruisers before?! Is it central? Are there delightful pubs near by? Please help!!:blush:

Also any experiences, tales, major touristy places that I should see/avoid?

P.s. Ive heard Bath spa is amazing but BF isn't a spa'y sort of lad & even my pleading and stamping of foot isnt helping.

Many thanks!! :)

Comments

• Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming you are fit and well, everywhere is central in Bath, except the car parks. Ask the hotel the best place to park if you can't park at the hotel.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Your skin must be really wrinkly by now
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

That's what I thought.... The op had been in the bath for two nights......
  • Options
    PPWWPPWW Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bath is pretty small, so getting around by foot is no problem.

Don't dismiss the thermie spa, it has an amazing rooftop pool, and the water is S relaxing, I'm sure your boyfriend would enjoy it, it's not a traditional 'spa' thing. If you go, remember to go in the restaurant for a drink, they'll add an hour to your time. So pay for 2, get 3 hours, which is plenty. Remember sunglasses as it's pretty bright in the rooftop pool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    That's what I thought.... The op had been in the bath for two nights......

I feel like I have disappointed you both! :D

PPWW wrote: »
    Bath is pretty small, so getting around by foot is no problem.

Don't dismiss the thermie spa, it has an amazing rooftop pool, and the water is S relaxing, I'm sure your boyfriend would enjoy it, it's not a traditional 'spa' thing. If you go, remember to go in the restaurant for a drink, they'll add an hour to your time. So pay for 2, get 3 hours, which is plenty. Remember sunglasses as it's pretty bright in the rooftop pool.

Ive just looked at the website and it looks amazing. Rooftop pool at sunset sounds fab! Going to send him the link!

As for parking.. I'm slightly worried now, we assumed we could park on street or find a local car park!
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ring the hotel and ask about parking. Take you two mins.

Write down their suggestions and google them. Simples.

Good job you not taking a Land-Rover round the world :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ring the hotel and ask about parking. Take you two mins.

Write down their suggestions and google them. Simples.

Good job you not taking a Land-Rover round the world :)

Will do! Thanks :D:D