Sky Vegas Channel 864 help !!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
Forum Member
✭✭
I want to have a race night in the house and have the fake money and all the racing gear in. My mate has chosen Sky Vegas Horse racing game as the medium we are going to use..... But there is a problem... It does not seem to be on my planner.

When I go to channel 864 It comes up "Channel Unavailable" . My friends do not have Sky, but I have saw this Sky Vegas on a few other peoples sky Box on channel 864.

Question is how do i find it?

I have tried ringing sky today but to no avail, the weather having robbed them of staff and they are not answering calls.....

Comments

• davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problem here.

Do you have a Sky subscription?

What make and model of Sky box do you have?

Have you tried switching off at mains and back on?

Is there snow on your dish/lnb arm?
  • banbury_oddballbanbury_oddball Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go with what Dave has said and check the signal strength and of course if its been snowing in your area, check the dish. I'm sure that Sky Vegas is a FTA channel, so as long as you have a card in the receiver it should be fine.

Try the old power off / on too.

Alternatively, go to Services, Add Channels, and frequency is
    Symbol Rate: 27500 FEC: 2/3 Search for channel, then store. Go back into Services and Other Channels and see if you can view in there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problem here.

Do you have a Sky subscription?

What make and model of Sky box do you have?

Have you tried switching off at mains and back on?

Is there snow on your dish/lnb arm?

Yes i have a subscription.
    Sky + Thomson
    Have not tried this yet
    No snow on dish or Lnb arm.

Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go with what Dave has said and check the signal strength and of course if its been snowing in your area, check the dish. I'm sure that Sky Vegas is a FTA channel, so as long as you have a card in the receiver it should be fine.

Try the old power off / on too.

Alternatively, go to Services, Add Channels, and frequency is
    Symbol Rate: 27500 FEC: 2/3 Search for channel, then store. Go back into Services and Other Channels and see if you can view in there.

Thanks or the help. Tried this, no change Do I change the frequency also or leave it as it is?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, can't edit post now, but frequency is 12304 Horizontal
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, can't edit post now, but frequency is 12304 Horizontal

This worked. Thank you so much. Night at the races goes ahead. Great Help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My pleasure. Someone asked on another forum a while back as they were looking for a DVD / video of dog or horse racing. I mentioned they do this on Sky Vegas and came back and said it was a cracking night. The races are about 3-5 mins apart so should be fine. Plus of course, if you are drinking in-between, you could always skip a few.

Enjoy your evening !
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dessiemc27 wrote: »
    I want to have a race night in the house and have the fake money and all the racing gear in. My mate has chosen Sky Vegas Horse racing game as the medium we are going to use..... But there is a problem... It does not seem to be on my planner.

When I go to channel 864 It comes up "Channel Unavailable" . My friends do not have Sky, but I have saw this Sky Vegas on a few other peoples sky Box on channel 864.

Question is how do i find it?

I have tried ringing sky today but to no avail, the weather having robbed them of staff and they are not answering calls.....

Racing gear? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dessiemc27 wrote: »
    Sky + Thomson

Thats probably your problem - the usual failing capacitors in the power supply fault :D