Comedy moments where you laughed so much it physically hurt.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IrishChick wrote: »
    A lot of US Office moments, it was such a great show

Them thinking the insurance guy is a hitman:D

The whole bunch jumping around randomly yelling "PARKOUR"

The fire drill mostly for the random cat/ceiling bit

:D
  • VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminded by a recent post of one thing that really had me in fits of uncontrollable laughter; the Vicar of Dibly scene when the 'dumb blonde' one was explaining why she thought 'I can't believe it's not butter' might actually be butter. "(And there's a lot more butter around than people realise.)"
  • _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jez eating the barbecued dog on Peep Show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Birds of a Feather - Dorien sitting on a fold up camp bed in a dodgy B&B and it snapping shut. Genious!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was funny once or twice, but it isn't that great.

It still raises a chuckle for me. Seen it too many times for it to be clutching my side with stitches funny but still a little chuckle.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Seinfeld and the nose job comment the first time i heard it
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    jackles27 wrote: »

I love this :D And where he is playing golf and is there all night :D
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wedding scene in Vicar Of Dibley with "It Should Have Been Me" had me sobbing with laughter.

One from Only Fools & Horses that no one ever seems to mention - Rodney takes a girl out on a date, and while they are sitting in the van he throws his cigarette end out of the window but the window is shut ....
    Harry Enfield....1930's footballers versus modern football

And Paul Whitehouse as Julio Geordio :D ...
  • doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of great ones been mentioned already.

Sad to see Mrs Brown's Boys getting a few mentions, shouldn't even be spoken of alongside all the greats that are listed here. Thankfully no mentions of Friends yet as far as I can see.

I'll add more as I think of them but I'll start with two Gervais/Merchant classics that still make me laugh each and every time:

1. The '....I think there's been a rape up there' line in The Office. How they managed to keep straight faces and complete a take of this scene astonishes me to this day.

2. The scene in Extras where Andy's school friend and then Darren (Stephen Merchant) and then Andy (Ricky Gervais) all have a go at securing dates with women. The whole scene, from Darren walking into the chair (how would you even think of including that or that that could be funny in any way) to Andy opening sparkling water by mistake and then putting it in his mouth to stop it fizzing up. (Presumably Gervais had to do this for real whilst filming the scene as it would be too difficult to fake?)

Moments like these make me cry with laughter at first but then afterwards when you think about them it's more about an admiration at the level of genius involved in coming up with and filming them.
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the Bo Selecta stuff was brilliant. Such as Craig David or Mel B.

I liked it when he did Christina Aguilera in her "Dirty" phase - living in a caravan with a really broad scouse accent - "I'm derrrrty"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the people who love the bar scene in OFAH have seen the Stewart Lee episode that featured it. I'm with him on that one.

As someone else has pointed out, threads like this do highlight how subjective humour is. Half of the stuff mentioned here barely raises a smirk with me.

But how anyone could not find the scene in Extras where Andy goes to a prayer meeting in the hope of copping off, anything other than hysterical is beyond me.
    It's such a nuanced performance, full of genius timing, brilliantly observed gestures and body language and a fantastic script.

I'm not a devout follower of Ricky Gervais but I think this entire scene is one of the most truly brilliant pieces of comedy in years. Easily up there with anything from Fawlty Towers, Black Adder, etc....
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the one which springs to mind is the inbetweeners, season 1 ep 2. when will gets on the front of the Nemesis revenge at Thorpe Park
  • Corky DukeCorky Duke Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dinnerladies and the scene where they are having a Christmas party and a drunk Jean makes a pass at Tony by putting her arms round him and saying "breathe it in, can you smell my Charlie"
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One I saw last night and had completely forgotten about:

In the episode of Father Ted where the writer comes to stay and at the end when she tells him she's going to be a nun, it then cuts back to Craggy Island and Jack hooting with laughter because Dougal's head is stuck in the sofa.
  • VintageWhineVintageWhine Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fawlty Towers, in particular "The Germans" episode. I must have been in danger of bursting a blood vessel, and really had to make a concentrated effort to stay in control. Luckily, I was young and fit - if it were to happen nowadays, I think I could be in real trouble!
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    A recent one...Not Going Out, the camping episode ,...bloody hilarious , we had to pause it to pull ourselves together
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There plenty in Fools and Horses but the one that gets me is in the 2nd Series of Alan Partridge and he is locked out of the Country Club and tries to climb over the gate and steps on a spike, the way he says spike (spiyk) get me very time :D:D
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peep Show - Series 4, episode 2, at the very end where Mark was presenting to the board & because he'd done nothing before, tried to make out that he had a brain tumour & was going to die within a month.

His boss, Alan Johnson took over & said, "ladies & gentleman, I can assure you that Mr Corrigan will indeed be dead in a month", then looked into the camera!:D
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Brent's dance in The Office (series 2)

Simon's bollock hanging out in the fashion show on The Inbetweeners

Douglas and his gf who used to be a man having a brawl in the lab on The IT Crowd

(OFITG) - Victor Meldrew sees Patrick walking funny down the road and carrying a purple umbrella and assumes it's Patrick's gay brother, and what Victor says to him, it's no wonder Patrick thinks he's completely mental, lol

Gervais' show "Derek" when Dougie and Derek are arguing about the frog ornament, haha

Arrested Development - Michael makes a comment that they need to get rid of the Seaward, their yacht. The mom, Lucille says, "I'll leave when I'm good and ready." Ha!
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Alan Partridge shouting "no way you big spastic, you're a mentalist!" then speeding away from Jed Maxwell.

I remember being on the floor, creased over laughing, tears streaming down my face. Absolute classic.

Obvious, but Del Boy falling through the bar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Frank Spencer's confused conversation with the RAF officer (played by McKay from Porridge). Also quite a few other moments from the show.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember as a child watching Monty Python's Flying Circus at a fiends house with him and his parents.

One of the scenes started with a dressing room door opening and a boxer being carried in on a stretcher after a fight.
    It then transpires that the boxer has had his head punched clean off. The scene just gets funnier and funnier and I just couldn't stop laughing. Literally tears were streaming down my face and I could hardly breath. Sadly the others in the room did not see the funny side of it and sat in silence.

More recently, another vote for Vic & Bob's Masterchef.
  • Troy TateTroy Tate Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Spitting Image, where David Coleman reaches a peak of excitement too early in the race and ends up describing his own performance, instead of the athletes.
    Also, the backwards Grand National, where they all cross the line together, while DC says 'It's a dead heat!! Incredible!'

Morecambe and Wise/Andre Previn

Monty Python - Bicycle Repair Man

Loads really....
  • clara_sclara_s Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    The Arnold Rimmer song in Red Dwarf.
  • BassthoundBassthound Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »

The IT Crowd - Gay: The musical - just about the entire eposide.

When Jen goes to order the drink and it's Moss behind the door :D

Sadly I remember a Catchphrase clip and a quick youtube search managed to find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJQdEY82zs0

The first time my (at the time) other half watched South Park's song about Kyle's mum being a big fat .. she was in hysterics for ages and had to keep replaying it.