Options

North Korea Video Threat On The US

occyoccy Posts: 65,148
Forum Member
✭✭
North Korea has released a video with South Korea thinking they maybe launching a nuclear test. In the video which has music from Michael Jackson - We Are The World shows a man dreaming of bombing the US. Deep sarcasm towards people who don't understand.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/05/north-korea-video-us-city-flames

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKWJSKYBDXE&list=UUknqqNd3-joIjWzf1Jn4oVQ&index=14

Comments

• Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How nice of the North Koreans. I would be very upset if anything ever happens in retaliation to them.

No, really I would. Honestly.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does everyone keep saying this won't cause WW3, when it quite obviously is doing? :confused:

Video is no longer available BTW.
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Why does everyone keep saying this won't cause WW3, when it quite obviously is doing? :confused:

Video is no longer available BTW.

What lol
  • Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    North Korea is honestly the most ridiculous country.
  • Options
    RelugusRelugus Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't that footage from a CoD game?

Looks like Kim Young'un hasn't unlocked any achievements.
  • Options
    The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    It's just propaganda aimed at their own people. You tell your population how great the country is in the hope that they accept everyday hunger as the price to be paid to achieve that greatness. The plight of the North Korean people is heartbreaking.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised they didn't intercut it with scenes from Independence Day.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious!

DPRK is like the puniest wimp who can only go around giving everyone the finger cos his brother is the hardest boy in the school.

China's only incentives to keep the show afloat are a) to keep a buffer zone between they and the very Americanised South Korea and b) to prevent millions of starving North Koreans pouring over their border into an already impoverished region. I can envisage a situation whereby Pyongyang pisses them off to a sufficient degree that they consider them no longer worth sticking their neck out for.

A scenario that would see DPRK as toast.
  • Options
    The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »
    Hilarious!

DPRK is like the puniest wimp who can only go around giving everyone the finger cos his brother is the hardest boy in the school.

China's only incentives to keep the show afloat are a) to keep a buffer zone between they and the very Americanised South Korea and b) to prevent millions of starving North Koreans pouring over their border into an already impoverished region. I can envisage a situation whereby Pyongyang pisses them off to a sufficient degree that they consider them no longer worth sticking their neck out for.

A scenario that would see DPRK as toast.

Can't see that happening as in that situation North Korea would probably reunite with the South, which would mean US troops being on the border with China. I can, however, envisage a situation where the Chinese do get pissed off with the NKs, and decide to topple the regime and install their own puppet government, paving the way to absorbing NK into China (they do claim that that territory was once part of ancient China anyway). The North Koreans are not the danger and never have been, the danger is always China. My South Korean friends tell me that the Chinese scare the shit out of most Koreans, and I can't say I blame them. I mean who would rest easy knowing that a country of 1.3 billion people think that your country was part of China in the past and probably should be again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Why is it ok for other countries to have nuclear weapons but not the DPRK? The DRPK has been the target of American imperialism for decades, it is their right as an independent nation to deter American aggression. There will be no peace until the American aggressors leave the Corean peninsular.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Why is it ok for other countries to have nuclear weapons but not the DPRK? The DRPK has been the target of American imperialism for decades, it is their right as an independent nation to deter American aggression. There will be no peace until the American aggressors leave the Corean peninsular.

For the same reason that children aren't allowed to play with matches.