Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    A lot of traumatized hippos, having been stuck in a river with Peter Andre:D

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep7week20/peter-andre-my-life

I

thanks for that, i needed a good laugh after a very early start. Poor lamb, he really suffers:yawn:
    river of hippos – one of the most dangerous mammals in the world
    "biggest storm in years leaving the pair stranded". with film crew!
    "He finally feels he's turned a corner and is ready to smile again". aw bless, he should save his money on a safari trip and just read this column, it makes me smile:D
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    To give bunny55 their due, they do at least admit to watching the show (and watching the repeat as well)

I would like £1 for every time I read that someone 'stumbled across the show and caught 10 minutes - by accident' or 'was waiting for another show to come on and caught the last five minutes' ....... or 'the dog accidentally stood on the remote and put the show on' or a multitude of other 'excuses' as to why they watched a little bit by accident (every week)

I have managed to never switch the X Factor on by accident in my entire life. ;) because it doesn't interest me.

£1 = I would be rich by now. ;)

This made me laugh, so very true:D I openly admit to being an avid viewer, I've just yet to work out why.....
    Love how PA can turn ANY story about his life into how much he loves his kids.:rolleyes: C'mon now.

If kids were the priority when you bought the house, wouldn't you have chosen something more tailored to the kids in the first place???? It was only 2 years ago and you could have bought a small farm for the money you paid for your sprawling bachelor pad in a private estate. I hate to picky, but one piece of fluff about how he 'loves his kids' and Sun reading morons all chime about what a brilliant dad he is without question. It's like Derren Brown has hypnotised a large percentage of the population and said "Don't look at the facts.If someone says he loves his kids then this is the universal truth":rolleyes::D Give the DOTYguff a rest.:yawn:

But he does love his kids, why shouldn't he ram it down our throats at any given opportunity;)
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Any new info on PugGate? Has he come up with a story to explain their absence yet?

Haven't heard anything myself as yet, no doubt as we speak CP is frantically pulling her hair out trying to think of some ridiculous reason to explain their absence, obviously it'll be one that she thinks we're naive enough to buy.
    bunny55 wrote: »
    A lot of traumatized hippos, having been stuck in a river with Peter Andre:D

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep7week20/peter-andre-my-life

I

Why is the "because he, she, the kids deserved it" always used, this really, really irritates me, I can think of millions of people who need/deserve a wee break, PA & his rich, spoiled family not included:mad:
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love how PA can turn ANY story about his life into how much he loves his kids.:rolleyes: C'mon now.

If kids were the priority when you bought the house, wouldn't you have chosen something more tailored to the kids in the first place???? It was only 2 years ago and you could have bought a small farm for the money you paid for your sprawling bachelor pad in a private estate. I hate to picky, but one piece of fluff about how he 'loves his kids' and Sun reading morons all chime about what a brilliant dad he is without question. It's like Derren Brown has hypnotised a large percentage of the population and said "Don't look at the facts.If someone says he loves his kids then this is the universal truth":rolleyes::D Give the DOTYguff a rest.:yawn:[/QUOTE]

What :confused: a piece about him moving, to be nearer to the countryside etc. somehow get's another DOTY rant welded into it
    I really do not understand the link between the article and the rant TBH.
  • cynet2007cynet2007 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Pete needs some story based situations for his TV show!

The house moving might be up there with the whole episode about a bloody fish tank, doesn't get any more riveting than that people!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon the Derren Brown treatment was definitely done on the people who are fixated with PA but don't even like him. I've seen him being a major talking point for people on twitter , years ago, who claim to hate him, yet they're still talking about him now! That's the enigma.
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    According to the local press he's house-hunting in Sussex because he wants to be closer to Brighton and is looking for a pad in London too as an investment. Emily's apparently helping him choose and I expect she's influenced the 'rural location' as her family home is deep in the countryside and Pete's said on the show that he finds it very relaxing there. I think the private estate probably suited the children when they were young as it's safe and they could shut out the paps but the garden looks fairly small so I can understand him wanting more space for them now they're getting older.

One thing I will say about PA is, he does appear to very careful with his money & does seem to be thinking of the long term future with regards to investments etc.
    Forum Member
    Fizgig wrote: »
    I reckon the Derren Brown treatment was definitely done on the people who are fixated with PA but don't even like him. I've seen him being a major talking point for people on twitter , years ago, who claim to hate him, yet they're still talking about him now! That's the enigma.

I definitely don't hate him but I sure as heck don't like him, I could give you my long list of reasons but you must have heard them countless times from various people but it's all those reasons that IMO make him a subject worth talking about.
    I thoroughly enjoy reading this thread, it's so amusing & for me it's not just the posts from people who dislike PA, I'm equally interested in points other FM have to make who do like PA.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely don't hate him but I sure as heck don't like him, I could give you my long list of reasons but you must have heard them countless times from various people but it's all those reasons that IMO make him a subject worth talking about.
    I thoroughly enjoy reading this thread, it's so amusing & for me it's not just the posts from people who dislike PA, I'm equally interested in points other FM have to make who do like PA.

Absolutely. I don't hate him, I just think he's a complete muppet and a buffoon and he amuses me greatly. I dislike his ex wife far more but I can't find much to laugh at her for these days, multiple marriages aside. I just feel sad for the way she carries on and that she appears to think it's normal.

I actually like taking the p*ss and having a bit of banter and thats my whole reason for coming on DS. if I ever thought I was taking any of this nonsense seriously, I'd be out of here like a shot :)
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Pete but I totally get what it is about him that makes some people want to take the p*ss. Can't understand why he's bashed for saying something which would be unremarked upon if anyone else were to say it but if that's the poster's opinion then I'm all for free speech.

Hopefully this week's episode is going to provide some amusing material. I disagree with Cyril that suffering is the only card he has to play, I think people find him funny even if not necessarily in the way he intends and they should build on that rather than 'poor Pete the victim'. I remember catching a part of a Cheryl Cole reality show and was bored witless within minutes but there's something strangely compelling about Pete even when he's doing something boring (IMO only of course).
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Pete but I totally get what it is about him that makes some people want to take the p*ss. Can't understand why he's bashed for saying something which would be unremarked upon if anyone else were to say it but if that's the poster's opinion then I'm all for free speech.

Hopefully this weeks's episode is going to provide some amusing material. I disagree with Cyril that suffering is the only card he has to play, I think people find him funny even if not necessarily in the way he intends and they should build on that rather than 'poor Pete the victim'. I remember catching a part of a Cheryl Cole reality show and was bored witless within minutes but there's something strangely compelling about Pete even when he's doing something boring (IMO only of course).

I agree with all of this , this is spooky SS , are you sure you're not me ? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D Oh if only Momma, that's the biggest compliment ever!

I would write ditto under all your posts too - great minds eh :)
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D Oh if only Momma, that's the biggest compliment ever!

I would write ditto under all your posts too - great minds eh :)

Yup ! :D
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D True story, Jimmy. I also find the 'accidental viewing' hilarious. ;)

To answer Queenipops, I think Bunny probably watches it for the same reason I do, to snort in derision at the DOTY and the many new ways he finds to reinforce my existing and ongoing opinion of him. :)

I know I do. There are moments of unintentional comedy gold sometimes :D
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    thanks for that, i needed a good laugh after a very early start. Poor lamb, he really suffers:yawn:
    river of hippos – one of the most dangerous mammals in the world
    "biggest storm in years leaving the pair stranded". with film crew!
    "He finally feels he's turned a corner and is ready to smile again". aw bless, he should save his money on a safari trip and just read this column, it makes me smile:D
    After spending a few years married to Pwicey, a swim with the most dangerous mammals in the world would probably feel like paddling with pugs... Any word on them yet?
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D:D True story, Jimmy. I also find the 'accidental viewing' hilarious. ;)

To answer Queenipops, I think Bunny probably watches it for the same reason I do, to snort in derision at the DOTY and the many new ways he finds to reinforce my existing and ongoing opinion of him. :)
    This made me laugh, so very true:D I openly admit to being an avid viewer, I've just yet to work out why.....

Glad I am not the only one that has noticed this. :D:)
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't heard anything myself as yet, no doubt as we speak CP is frantically pulling her hair out trying to think of some ridiculous reason to explain their absence, obviously it'll be one that she thinks we're naive enough to buy.

I just drove past CAN management HQ and i'm sure i saw a poster saying "Dog Idol" on the door. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Pete's sake!
    A worringly paranoid Peter Andre has told a magazine that he finds it a bit mysterious that I somehow have the time to watch and write about his programmes.

Hmm, he’s not really getting the gist of this TV critic lark is he?

Then again, given that he calls himself a singer, entertainer and TV presenter it would appear that job descriptions are not exactly his strong point

:D:D:D nice one ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    For Pete's sake!
    A worringly paranoid Peter Andre has told a magazine that he finds it a bit mysterious that I somehow have the time to watch and write about his programmes.

Then again, given that he calls himself a singer, entertainer and TV presenter it would appear that job descriptions are not exactly his strong point

Singer: 1218 gigs, 66 releases, 15 hits, 4 No 1s
    Presenter: Recent filming includes Cancer Diaries for This Morning, My Life & 60MM
    Entertainer: who can dispute that he's an endless source of entertainment for these threads? :D

Stats from the bio on his website.

BTW it does list two pets so hopefully those are the elusive pugs and it doesn't mean that most of his fish have died :eek:

It's quite amusing because the numbers and text keep rejiggling and moving about and there's a brief moment where it says 38 children :eek::eek::eek: (his website team might want to take a look at that if anyone from CAN is reading!)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just drove past CAN management HQ and i'm sure i saw a poster saying "Dog Idol" on the door. :eek:

From Feb 2013 - "My coffee shop New York Coffee Club in Brighton has only been open for six months, but it’s already doing really well. Last week, we launched our own range of hot dogs, so you’ll have to come in to try one..."

:eek::eek::D
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    For Pete's sake!

Hehe, I read that too, I'm glad Hyland is adressing the Pete issue head on because the industry and been far too protective of the 40 year old blameless toddler for far too long. What makes him so precious that he's immune from even mild criticism? And when you do, rightly imo, criticise him you get an insinuation that you are a sad shut-in with no life rather than a tabloid journalist being paid to watch telly and form opinions. No wonder the print press leave PA and CAN alone, they will turn on you if you don't lick their boots. Opinion on PA is very split...yes the media seemingly never reflect this...until now.

Blondie X wrote: »
    Absolutely. I don't hate him, I just think he's a complete muppet and a buffoon and he amuses me greatly. I dislike his ex wife far more but I can't find much to laugh at her for these days, multiple marriages aside. I just feel sad for the way she carries on and that she appears to think it's normal.

I actually like taking the p*ss and having a bit of banter and thats my whole reason for coming on DS. if I ever thought I was taking any of this nonsense seriously, I'd be out of here like a shot :)

Muppet is a very good description of PA, I don't hate him either, I don't think any of his critics and people to take mickey hate him, I think they just see though all this ridiculous PR and industry nonsense and carefully crafted image and resent the fact that we're just meant to swallow it without question especially when the facade and facts don't add up. (The reason I don't critics KP as much is because I genuinely believe events in her young dehumanised her and gave her abandonment issues and going by her behaviour, it's very apparent to be that she's a damaged individual and I can't find nay humour in messed up people ). Peter on the other hand is IMO a Grade A narcissist for whom fame is a drug and every piece of dignity is for sale in exchange for maintaining fame. In this dreadful modern age of crying on Saturday night telly, endless fame though victimhood/underdogism(is that a word??) Peter and probably Chantelle are the king and queen of this pitiful, over-romanticised mawkish awfulness that pervades TV and celebrity magazines - and by gosh they will be criticised, it's our moral duty:p. On a personal level, My dislike of PA's endless pity party and my partner winding me up about it is a great source of humour in our lives :D
    Entertainer: who can dispute that he's an endless source of entertainment for these threads? :D

Very true..it's unique kind of entertainment...agitatorentertainment :confused::D
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hehe, I read that too, I'm glad Hyland is adressing the Pete issue head on because the industry and been far too protective of the 40 year old blameless toddler for far too long. What makes him so precious that he's immune from even mild criticism? And when you do, rightly imo, criticise him you get an insinuation that you are a sad shut-in with no life rather than a tabloid journalist being paid to watch telly and form opinions. No wonder the print press leave PA and CAN alone, they will turn on you if you don't lick their boots. Opinion on PA is very split...yes the media seemingly never reflect this...until now.

I think he's too insignificant and pointless for most of the print press (the tabloid mags/rags excluded but they're all in each other's pockets) to bother with. Can't see it being anything to do with the potential wrath of CAN tbh - what's she's gonna do? Prevent them from getting exciting exclusives about eg. his new fish tank?!

All DOTY's done, as far as IH is concerned, is made a total tit of himself. Which is funny because it's clear he was aiming for a light breezy 'lighten up' tone but instead came across as the illogical and petulant dimwit that he is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    I think he's too insignificant and pointless for most of the print press (the tabloid mags/rags excluded but they're all in each other's pockets) to bother with. Can't see it being anything to do with the potential wrath of CAN tbh - what's she's gonna do? Prevent them from getting exciting exclusives about eg. his new fish tank?!

All DOTY's done, as far as IH is concerned, is made a total tit of himself. Which is funny because it's clear he was aiming for a light breezy 'lighten up' tone but instead came across as the illogical and petulant dimwit that he is.

I thought it did come across as light-hearted, he certainly didn't sound very upset about Ian Hyland's criticism of the show - why would he be, it was relatively mild and prefaced with a comment that he quite likes Pete.
    I agree that CAN do not have the power over the British media that some people seem to believe. I would imagine they are quite insignificant in the media world and if the press have something to write, they will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can (scuse the pun). Although we credit Pete with the veiled attack on Hyland, I think they are the words of CAN rather than Pete. They could have taken the criticism it on the chin, ignored it, made a funny return of serve but instead they make insinuations about what a sad little man Hylan is - and then tell lies about the direction of the viewing figures. That tells me two things - they're rattled and that pick fights with anyone who has the audacity to criticise them. Having said that, the positive image of Pete is more to do with having friends in certain publications than intimidating critics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    I thought it did come across as light-hearted, he certainly didn't sound very upset about Ian Hyland's criticism of the show - why would he be, it was relatively mild and prefaced with a comment that he quite likes Pete.
    I agree that CAN do not have the power over the British media that some people seem to believe. I would imagine they are quite insignificant in the media world and if the press have something to write, they will

Indeed they don't - but thy do have key publications in the world of z-listery in their pockets and that's what counts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Muppet is a very good description of PA, I don't hate him either, I don't think any of his critics and people to take mickey hate him, I think they just see though all this ridiculous PR and industry nonsense and carefully crafted image and resent the fact that we're just meant to swallow it without question especially when the facade and facts don't add up. (The reason I don't critics KP as much is because I genuinely believe events in her young dehumanised her and gave her abandonment issues and going by her behaviour, it's very apparent to be that she's a damaged individual and I can't find nay humour in messed up people ). Peter on the other hand is IMO a Grade A narcissist for whom fame is a drug and every piece of dignity is for sale in exchange for maintaining fame. In this dreadful modern age of crying on Saturday night telly, endless fame though victimhood/underdogism(is that a word??) Peter and probably Chantelle are the king and queen of this pitiful, over-romanticised mawkish awfulness that pervades TV and celebrity magazines - and by gosh they will be criticised, it's our moral duty:p. On a personal level, My dislike of PA's endless pity party and my partner winding me up about it is a great source of humour in our lives :D

Very true..it's unique kind of entertainment...agitatorentertainment :confused::D
    About your bit in bold.
    The fact that PA has been in a mental institution, has suffered life-limiting panic attacks, and has to take medication for stress should really alert you to the fact that PA is damaged, rather than open-season material.
    IanH doesn't just watch his show and make a critique now and again, he seems to be personally antagonise him in his spare time too, so PA's comments are fair-do's.

I remember your 'post-feminism' remark about KP, but hopefully you read the piece by Caitlin Moran.
This discussion has been closed.