Where can I buy singles these days?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
Forum Member
✭✭
Went to my local HMV but can't find any singles let alone the one I want the only other shop that sells music in my dismal little town is WHSmith and I know that they stopped selling singles a long time ago

Do any shops still sell singles?

I want a single cos I want the actual hard copy inlay card and everything

Comments

• brunoloverbrunolover Posts: 2,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well HMV is the only shop that sells singles now, the rest have given up as it has become SO COOL to download everything.
    Like everything you want, you now have to go to the Internet to get it. I can see our towns becoming ghost towns soon just filled with mobile phone shops and Building Societies.
  • Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woolworths in our town still do - well they did late last year when I bought Take That's one!
  • alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HMV and Woolworths still stock singles as far as I know. I think some supermarkets do as well. The problem is a 'physical' single is no longer required to enter the charts, so some don't bother releasing a physical single at all. From their point of view it's cheaper.
  • robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woolworths do a pysical chart top 20.. which mine still has "About You Now" "Headlines" and "U Hang Up" in its top 20!

HMV do new releases, and can order in copies - and their website is pretty good for ordering singles too
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    HMV still stock singles here, as do Woolworths.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well I might be off over to cheltenham and they have a bigger hmv so i will have a look there

want to use my staff discount and giftcard

damn you michael jackson