Options

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    I doubt it's that much. It's still a lot for just answering questions. Plus they would make a lot from appearance fees at other quizzes, events and endorsements.

£500 is that all? I believe Judith Keppel gets a grand per programme for being hopeless on Eggheads:confused:
  • Options
    R VR V Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    £500 is that all? I believe Judith Keppel gets a grand per programme for being hopeless on Eggheads:confused:

They were doing 3 shows a day when I was on, so not a bad "day rate".
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She answered 21 out of the 24. The bloke got the other 3, blondie gone non right. I think Sarah answered 7 out of the 8 push backs too. Clever lady & pretty too. :D

That is incredible.
    (Ah, I just noticed the post above which said that they had a 3 point headstart which I forgot about)
    Even strong teams often struggle to get to 18 with 3 or 4 of them.
    It almost seems unfair that she had to split the winnings 3 ways.

I do remember Sarah getting a lot of the pushback questions correct, which didn't go unnoticed by Bradley.
    If there is a contestant hall of fame I think that Sarah would definitely secure her place in it.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is incredible.
    (Ah, I just noticed the post above which said that they had a 3 point headstart which I forgot about)
    Even strong teams often struggle to get to 18 with 3 or 4 of them.
    It almost seems unfair that she had to split the winnings 3 ways.

I do remember Sarah getting a lot of the pushback questions correct, which didn't go unnoticed by Bradley.
    If there is a contestant hall of fame I think that Sarah would definitely secure her place in it.

They should bring the 4 highest scoring contestants back to take on the Chasers again.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet it'll be Paul today and he wins. Again. >_< I don't know why but I hate it when Mark, Anne and Shaun are beaten but I legitimately don't care if Paul loses. :D
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Really? That's £5k per week.
    I could do her job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? That's £5k per week.
    I could do her job.

No, no, you haven't answered 15 questions correctly in a row with some help which is what you have to do to prove yourself as a quiz genius. ;)

:D
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a pretty boring game today, the team are going to do considerably worse now the good guy has been elimianted and Tiz doesn't look like a big threat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chase's wiki page now has a very primitive record of the celebrity series and that's it for records of any episodes, I hope someone puts them back up soon becuase it's interesting looking at the chasers records.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiz was better than I her gave credit for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chase's wiki page now has a very primitive record of the celebrity series and that's it for records of any episodes, I hope someone puts them back up soon becuase it's interesting looking at the chasers records.

I'm keeping record of the episode results and Chaser Records - No clue how to put them up though! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Done to Tiz, wasn't expecting her to go for it.
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a pretty boring game today, the team are going to do considerably worse now the good guy has been elimianted and Tiz doesn't look like a big threat.

Not so boring now with £60K in the pot. Tiz kept her nerve there in her Chase now le's see them get a score of at least 18 to put pressure on Paul
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so boring now with £60K in the pot. Tiz kept her nerve there in her Chase now le's see them get a score of at least 18 to put pressure on Paul

Yes, it is a case where the last player makes it a more exciting game, not doing to well in the final though
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The questions are quite a bit harder than they used to be...... or is it me?
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I found them harder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul's going to walk this. >_> Poor performance, and a wasted opportunity by the team.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what a Swizz!! The Chaser's questions were so much easier than the contestants. Hardly fair
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    I dont know why people say the chasers questions are easier.

They were equally hard the chasers seem easier because he gets them right, its his job. Not to mention he revises weekly.

You want hard questions, tune into University challenge BBC2 mondays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Sorry to be picky but the team have a three step head start so Sarah and the other guy must've got 21 together, 3+18+3=24 :)

I'll give ya that one..... forgot about the 3 head start. I counted the ones the fella got & subtracted his 3 from the total. Still darn good though. ;)
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The questions are quite a bit harder than they used to be...... or is it me?

It's just you. :D
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member

Yeah but that's BBC rates. You're paying her.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    pericom wrote: »
    I dont know why people say the chasers questions are easier.

They were equally hard the chasers seem easier because he gets them right, its his job. Not to mention he revises weekly.

You want hard questions, tune into University challenge BBC2 mondays.

It's because when one hears an easy question, one assumes that they are all easy. They've always been fairly level on both sides. Sometimes the questions do seem to fall in favour of either the contestant or the Chaser but that's just by luck.
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Often Bradley will say the questions in the team chase will "come at you much faster" but they don't, he can't really say them any faster, they come at you twice as long.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, no, you haven't answered 15 questions correctly in a row with some help which is what you have to do to prove yourself as a quiz genius. ;)

:D

I once scored 52 out of 50 in a pub quiz. On two of the questions there was a bonus point for additional information.
This discussion has been closed.